Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

Quote from kmal808: “I tried creating a container via the CLI and got the same error. Would the OMV docker plugin have any bearing over that? ” This is speculation but I would say "generically" NO. The Docker plugin, for all intents an purposes, is…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Quote from Markess: “Other some drives, most of my OMV and home server hardware is used or repurposed. Besides the cost savings, using something a generation or two "old" (even if its bought "new" on Ebay or Craigslist or etc.), ensures better
  • Markess -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
  • Markess -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “Doesn't it bother you to buy someone else's stuff??? I am always a little hesitant to buy something used and get stuck with a bad purchase. ” My short answer is "No". It's about knowing something about what you're buying. (Knowledge…
  • Markess -

Quote from Kai: “I think I am considering some of the lesser knowns like TeamGroup and Silicon Power because of their price. ” I've got an SSD from each of these brands as the OS disk on desktops that get a heavy daily use, and haven't had issues in…
  • flmaxey -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Plex datbase location.

Like (Post)
    Well, I no longer use the OMV Plex plugin, having moved onto dockers. But having the database location grayed out and unselectable is concerning. You might try removing the plugin and installing it again, but this may have the side effect of trashing…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Plex datbase location.

Well, I no longer use the OMV Plex plugin, having moved onto dockers. But having the database location grayed out and unselectable is concerning. You might try removing the plugin and installing it again, but this may have the side effect of trashing…
  • kmal808 -

OS is backed up, yes. I tried creating a container via the CLI and got the same error. Would the OMV docker plugin have any bearing over that?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Plex datbase location.

Well, that's a series of requests/questions that might be best answered by one of our foremost Plex experts "Ta-da!", @gderf. (Respect, @gderf, and apologies. :) This is just a referral.)
  • flmaxey -

Quote from kmal808: “I was planning on buying a ups after I built my server, but I’m moving from Hawaii to the mainland in a few months and am trying to keep the amount of stuff involved in the move to a minimum. ” As we sort through the variables…
  • kmal808 -

Ha. I was planning on buying a ups after I built my server, but I’m moving from Hawaii to the mainland in a few months and am trying to keep the amount of stuff involved in the move to a minimum. I’ll def be picking one up once I’m moved though.…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from kmal808: “Howdy, I had a power outage today and the server restart, cannot access docker container web ui's. ” Look at this as a sign - invest in an UPS. (It doesn't have to cost much -> UPS.) Quote from kmal808: “If I need to reinstall…
  • hanscie -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Plugins don't install (Odroid C1+ Erasmus 3.0.99.

Thread
    Hi all, I am reinstalling OMV on my Odroid C1+, but it seems that all plugins fail to load. I suppose this has to do with the sources.list, but I have no clue as to how to change that in something that works? Any suggestions? Thank you in…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from Kai: “Doesn't it bother you to buy someone else's stuff??? I am always a little hesitant to buy something used and get stuck with a bad purchase. ” My short answer is "No". It's about knowing something about what you're buying. (Knowledge…
  • itsmyst -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved My docker died.

Not really sure what I did differently but it finally managed to install properly and everything is working again. I had to reconfigure all my images and containers but thankfully that was much quicker to do now that I'm a little more used to things! I…
  • flmaxey -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Can't boot after installing HBA.

Like (Post)
    Quote from lvikstrom: “If I remove the drives in the HBA it boots again. ” You might your answer in here
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue).

Quote from randomthoughts: “The server has one drive and there's no option to add a second, am I wasting my time? ” It depends on how far you're willing to take it. (I mean,, there's no other way to describe it.) OMV doesn't allow data into it's…
  • lvikstrom -

Replied to the thread Can't boot after installing HBA.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from lvikstrom: “If I remove the drives in the HBA it boots again. ” You might your answer in here ” Thank you! That worked just fine. Not sure why I never got into the normal shell when editing the grub.cfg during boot,…
  • gderf -

Quote from Kai: “Quote from gderf: “I have used these SSDs for years. ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&…=0&_odkw=16tb+ssd+samsung ” Doesn't it bother you to buy someone else's stuff??? I am always a little hesitant to buy something used and get stuck…
  • randomthoughts -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue).

Sounds promising I created a partition (/dev/sda3) which I intended OMV to use. I'd have to Google how to remove it, but do you think that OMV would now see the free space as available to it?