Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati plugin Suggestion.

While I agree it probably could use some improvement, I don't plan on porting it to OMV 5.x in favor of using docker. The plugin isn't much more than an enable button anyway. So, you could start using the docker now and get the customization you want. …
  • MickBurke -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

Thread
    So I've got an OMV 3.x server that I made out of an old dell PE 840, with 4 2TB drives in the Dell SAS Raid enclosure. Over the weekend a VM that I have on it failed. When i checked it out found tons of 'medium errors' and 'unrecoverable read errors'. I…
  • Guillermo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved linuxserver / mariadb - empty nextclouddb folder.

Quote from vedatorkun: “Quote from geaves: “Well that looks Ok, but what I did (see your second image) I checked the option Recursive (Apply permissions to files and subfolders) to the AppData share, that was the only way I could get the Heimdall data to…
  • youtu.be/WO9WS3zpAF0 Today, we will install Watchtower into a Openmediavault docker. Watchtower will then automatically update our other dockers.
  • youtu.be/xqaK9nRuulE Today, we will clean up the all containers left by Watchtower. Source Code (1 line)Special thanks to @gammarayburst and @raulfg3
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

There's a LOT to absorb on the Ceph topic but, with the barest of overviews, it seems to be interesting. I'm not sure I could do much with a cluster configuration (who knows what could be done in VM's?) so I'll be looking at what can be done at the host…
  • fognar -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati plugin Suggestion.

Thread
    Currently the OMV Duplicati plugin doesn't include any means to customize how the server runs and or add custom variables to the /etc/default/duplicati file that the service uses. from what I've found, this makes the default service more or less useless…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Modify docker container.

my experience doing the same: sometimes the new docker is corrupt and i need to delete and recreate. PD: when use portainer to modify the same in docker, all times works, so my suggest is that use portainer to modify PUID & PGID on existing containers…
  • bowe -

@geaves Yeah followed that when I installed yesterday. Maybe I should just reinstall whole container..
  • geaves -

@TechnoDadLife has a video for Sonarr, he has a video for Transmission but not rtorrent.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “Yeah, I know who you're talking about ” :D :D I could get away with it if it was hidden away i.e in the loft, but due to the odds of 2 to 1 the loft and the best part of the garage is "storage" for their needs, I mean why/how is it…
  • bowe -

@geaves 1. Just did, rtorrent was set to network: bridge instead of host. But that didnt fixed the issue, my jackett container is up. But rtorrent nor sonarr is up. 2. Yes, the new user do have permission to everything.
  • antipiot -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt problem.

Happy to hear its working :) Quote from Pentothal: “so letsencrypt was useless to remotely access my nextcloud? can I delete it from the docker? ” When you connected to your server, your browser probably said something like "Your connection is not…
  • geaves -

Two guesses; 1) When you modify check that every setting is the same just because it looks the same it only takes one setting to throw the whole thing out. 2) Does the new user have access to the host path/s (i.e. read/write)
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Datein in Openproject mit Docker speichern.

Quote from shimue93: “-v /var/lib/openproject/pgdata:/var/lib/postgresql/9.6/main \This is the host path This is the container path So unless the host path is a share it will not work
  • shimue93 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Datein in Openproject mit Docker speichern.

Ich habe das mit folgender Anleitung schon versucht. Source Code (7 lines) Doch leider bekomme ich immer noch die Meldung: "An internal error has occured."
  • macom -

Replied to the thread (HELP) not able to install shell in a box - error.

1. Install OMV-extras (if it is not installed already; if you used the images for OMV from sourceforge it is already installed) 2. enable Docker-CE repo 3. Install the Docker-GUI plugin
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

The OMV server short cut is in the "Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10" How-To. It's titled: Create an OMV Server Shortcut Using the server's IP address, one set's up a short cut to the OMV server on the desktop, and pins it to frequently used…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Sorry, I am going to jump out again. I am going to be busy the next couple of days. ” And just when I watched the Letsencrypt update video. I have so many questions: 1. Will this work with the lsioarmhf version? I am…
  • bowe -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Modify docker container.

Thread
    I recently modified 3 of my docker containers do to removal of a users. I did modify my container while they were on and only changed PGID and PUID to my new user. In the docker overview everything seems fine but I cannot access them. I didn't think…