Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from flmaxey: “The user could make the call appropriate for their purpose, "even if it's pointless". ” I really wish it worked that way. There are always people who don’t want to change and still ask for updates…
  • MtVinterest -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusrOMzVG' (size=0)..

Thread
    This failure randomly appears when I do some adjustments. I can mostly ignore this error, but I have to redo my previous action. Thanks in advance!
  • vendo23 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x can i grap my files using a ethernet cable.

Also please note, if you want Samba to work over the second ethernet connection, you'll need to edit the smb.conf file on your Debian server. You do this by: login as root nano /etc/samba/smb.conf At the very top, underneath Global settings,…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from flmaxey: “"Doesn't work with an R-PI 3B+" ” Wrong. OMFG, why is everything related to RPi such a mess? I disable notifications for this thread now and try to forget about these crappy Raspberries and the surroundings...
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Folder Permissions.

Thanks for explaining that. I have news too. It's solved!! although i did not do anything, I just approached it from a different angle(One of my children's laptops to be precise) I deleted all but the three top level folders (Business,Family and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “The user could make the call appropriate for their purpose, "even if it's pointless". ” I really wish it worked that way. There are always people who don’t want to change and still ask for updates and/or ask how to fix…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from tkaiser: “C'mon. Spend yourself half an hour and write such a readme and chances are higher to convince @ryecoaaron to upload the old image again. None of the developers wants to waste time on preparing stuff for no reason. ” I spent 3…
  • akoller -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x doppelte Datenträgerbezeichnung.

Thread
    Hallo, ich habe unter OMV 3.0.99 ein raid1 mit Datenträgerbezeichnung data. Ich habe jetzt zusätzich ein raid5 angelegt und kann diesem die selbe Bezeichnung data geben?! Wider jede Vernunft hab ich das mal probiert (weil das raid5 das raid1 ersetzen…
  • drwhowhogrub -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

Ok thanks Can I mount SMB or FTP from FreeNas in OMV?
  • tkaiser -

Quote from flmaxey: “Again, with the appropriate "read me" file ” C'mon. Spend yourself half an hour and write such a readme and chances are higher to convince @ryecoaaron to upload the old image again. None of the developers wants to waste time on…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from tkaiser: “ In other words: I like @'flmaxey''s idea of uploading OMV_3_0_99_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.80.img.xz again and putting it in an 'unsupported' subdir in the RPi directory even if it's pointless. ” Again, with the appropriate "read me"…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Then you might want to have a look below /usr/lib/armbian/ (the zram and armbian-ramlog stuff, currently happily co-existing with flashmemory plugin) ” I need to look at the zram stuff some more to see if we should use it with…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I will reflash. ” Then you might want to have a look below /usr/lib/armbian/ (the zram and armbian-ramlog stuff, currently happily co-existing with flashmemory plugin)
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tkaiser: “Based on timestamps I fear both RK3328 images were affected... ” Ok. Just curious. I haven't used it much I will reflash.
  • tkaiser -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What bug? My renegade image is working well. ” As already mentioned we made some important changes in Armbian affecting the various optimization/monitoring services that run at boot. We added some features (e.g. zram based…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tkaiser: “He didn't want to for whatever reasons ” I forgot to delete them. I will do that in a bit.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tkaiser: “I fear my OMV3 image once upgraded to OMV4 behaves strange unless the pinning gets fixed. ” That will definitely be an issue. I still think using OMV 3.x ESPECIALLY for the downloader plugins is a bad idea.
  • tkaiser -

Quote from flmaxey: “If it's about package support and breaking 3.0 plugin's, all of these images would have the same problem(s)? Right? ” Nope, all those images are 'pure Debian' and not that RPi mess (the lousiest SBC causing the most work). But…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “Then it would make sense to pull ALL of the older Arm 3.X images, not just those for the R-PI, correct? If plugins are the problem, they would all suffer from the same issues. But, from what I see, there are several ARM OMV3.X…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “While it would be slow, someone could probably install armbian and use the utility to install OMV just like the image if they had to have OMV 3 (no idea why). ” There's no Armbian for Raspberries though armbian-config's…