Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ness1602 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Quote from JimT: “Quote from ness1602: “can you give us output of cat /proc/mdstat ? ” Source Code (6 lines)” mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0 /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd try that
  • MrYoshiii -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Slow copy speed.

Thread
    Hi since some days the transfer speeds are slower than normal. If i copy from my nas i get 90Mb/s If i copy to my nas i only get 40-50Mb/s a few months ago i get 110Mb/s no matter if i copyed from or to the nas. i hope someone can help me.
  • ogghi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Human memory issue, how was the setup done?.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apply config loop / failure - bonded network interfaces.

Quote from Ciccius: “Quote from votdev: “Quote from Ciccius: “I also tried "omv-firstaid" to edit the network interface but got a nice error right after I choose option 1: ” Can not reproduce this issue :( ” How can I help you to debug this issue? Need…
  • JimT -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from JimT: “Is this the expected behavior? ” Sorry, I can't answer this since of course I do NOT use RAID-5 any more for a decade or even longer (single redundancy and large disks --> useless) IMO you should ask yourself…
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread Can I use it as a PC and nas?.

Quote from GTvert90: “So I have to reconfigure things and it got me thinking. I have this powerful nas just sitting there streaming Plex and syncthing for my seedbox. While I occasionally rip Blu-ray with my crappy laptop and manage all my files from…
  • JimT -

Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from JimT: “Is this the expected behavior? ” Sorry, I can't answer this since of course I do NOT use RAID-5 any more for a decade or even longer (single redundancy and large disks --> useless)IMO…
  • GTvert90 -

Posted the thread Can I use it as a PC and nas?.

Thread
    So I have to reconfigure things and it got me thinking. I have this powerful nas just sitting there streaming Plex and syncthing for my seedbox. While I occasionally rip Blu-ray with my crappy laptop and manage all my files from there. I have just…
  • JimT -

Quote from ness1602: “can you give us output of cat /proc/mdstat ? ” Source Code (6 lines)
  • geaves -

Quote from jollyrogr: “"Raid is not a backup. ” :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D
  • Muffkins90 -

Replied to the thread OVM NIC Bonding Questions/Troubles.

Quote from @tkaiser: “Well, then most probably there's the culprit. Sorry, no Windows expert here, I just used this feature once when the feature was pretty new (oops -- that's 6 years ago) and am since then waiting for it to appear in operating systems…
  • jollyrogr -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from JimT: “Is this the expected behavior? ” Sorry, I can't answer this since of course I do NOT use RAID-5 any more for a decade or even longer (single redundancy and large disks --> useless) IMO you should ask yourself…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Muffkins90: “when i type the get-smbmultichannelconnection into PowerShell it comes up with nothing at all ” Well, then most probably there's the culprit. Sorry, no Windows expert here, I just used this feature once when the feature was…
  • Ciccius -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apply config loop / failure - bonded network interfaces.

Quote from votdev: “Quote from Ciccius: “I also tried "omv-firstaid" to edit the network interface but got a nice error right after I choose option 1: ” Can not reproduce this issue :( ” How can I help you to debug this issue? Need some log files? If…
  • Muffkins90 -

@tkaiser Howdy Sorry to bother you again. I have been having a fiddle since my last post and have picked my self up another dual port server NIC. The results with SMB multi channel have been a tad disappointing as i can not get two ports either send or…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

Quote from .H.: “a error on OMV ? ” No. Your network settings must be bad. Without seeing the settings, I really can't help.
  • votdev -

Can not reproduce the static ip issue except that i have to manually set the interface down to make 'systemctl restart networking' happy. But this seems to be a Debian problem that can't be solved by OMV. OMV5 is now using systemd for network…
  • votdev -

Quote from Ciccius: “I also tried "omv-firstaid" to edit the network interface but got a nice error right after I choose option 1: ” Can not reproduce this issue :(
  • votdev -

Quote from zdelarosa00: “I also have this issue!, I'm thinking of moving to OMV 3.x now since I read your reply... I read your post and you clearly know a ton more, if you haven't figured out then I'm almost lost... I didn't want to start a thread in…
  • Ciccius -

Liked jefft’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Apply config loop / failure - bonded network interfaces.

Like (Post)
    Hi All, Hoping someone can spot the problem here, I've run out of ideas! Since updating to OMV4, I've had persistent problems with my bonded network interface. I thought I'd fixed them, but noticed again today that I'm stuck in a "apply config" loop. …