Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “So run the plugin on my Pi and not on the main OMV box. ” No. I am saying don't use the dnsmasq plugin at all. Enable DHCP in pi-hole. Settings -> DHCP lets you enable it.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

I doubt you need to automate this task. That list is the 13 root dns servers. I think they have only changed a couple of times in the last couple of decades.
  • geaves -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why not enable dhcp on your pi-hole box? I am. Then you don't need the dns plugin. ” So run the plugin on my Pi and not on the main OMV box. The Pi is currently throwing a wobble doing an apt clean, so trying to sort that out.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

I had not thought about automating the update but that sounds like a good idea.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Connect to network that requires user and password (hotspot-style).

There is no way to do this from the web interface but if you can do it from the command line on a Debian system, it will work on OMV.
  • isaia.ismaele -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Connect to network that requires user and password (hotspot-style).

Thread
    Hi everyone! I'm trying to setup a system with openmediavault 4.1.13. I am currently inside a university, whose network requires a two-step authentication to access internet. First, you have to connect to a wireless network, then opening a browser…
  • DrPeril -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DrPeril: “Has any progress been made on the -as plugin? ” No and I doubt anyone is going to work on it. If you install the openvpn-as package, it has its own web interface and doesn't really need a plugin.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from geaves: “Yes I am, and the only reason is because my isp's router does not allow a dns entry only ddns....this is looking more toward using the Pi for Pi-Hole and maintaining OMV's DNS plugin on the my main OMV box. ” Why not enable dhcp…
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “You're using OMV's DNS plugin (as I remember) where I am not. Perhaps the plugin is conflicting with unbound. Did you ever figure out a workaround for the DHCP issue? (Caused by your ISP's router as I recall.) ” Yes I am, and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Quote from bart70: “umount /dev/md0 give no answer ” That means it unmounted (that is the Linux way - message on error). You should be able to stop the array now.
  • geaves -

Quote from bart70: “i have to delete the reference ? ” Technically no :) mdadm should stop the raid, the only other option would be stop services or remove smb, rsync or anything referencing the shares, I think that's why the suggestion using the…
  • flmaxey -

You're using OMV's DNS plugin (as I remember) where I am not. Perhaps the plugin is conflicting with unbound. Did you ever figure out a workaround for the DHCP issue? (Caused by your ISP's router as I recall.)
  • illando -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Transmission script to cleaning up completed torrents.

Thread
    There's an option in the transmission plugin settings called "Script to process after torrent finishes". Any suggestion for a script to cleaning up completed torrents? Thanks!
  • bart70 -

stoping services isn't enough ? i have to delete the reference ? (i've tryed with the stop solution ;) )
  • geaves -

Quote from bart70: “Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md0:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group? ” Have you deleted all the share references, SMB, Rsync, Shared Folders. You can delete the share without deleting the…
  • bart70 -

umount /dev/md0 give no answer i've made : mdadm --detail /dev/md0 /dev/md0: Version : 1.2 Creation Time : Sun Sep 16 23:22:47 2018 Raid Level : linear Array Size : 21487941560 (20492.50 GiB 22003.65 GB) Raid Devices : 5 Total Devices : 5 Persistence :…
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “Is it just W10? Did another client work? ” Just tried W7, but I had to do a release and renew....This page can't be displayed, stop unbound and remove the pi-hole setting and check google and cloudflare and it's works again! So…
  • ryecoaaron -

That is the correct command if you array is /dev/md0 Try unmounting the filesystem with umount /dev/md0 It might be easier to boot a rescue cd (like systemrescuecd) that won't try mounting it.