Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Quote from KM0201: “Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done before).. when I installed omv-extras, updated, and then installed docker.. I still had to apt-get -f install docker. ” I just pushed the…
  • Steeli -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Proxy certificate.

Thread
    Hello Our Proxy use a SSL certificate for SSL Inspection. Ist there a way to install this certificate in OMV? Regards Matthias
  • KM0201 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KM0201: “The last command will fix the broken docker plugin. ” It should be fixed now. 4.1.2 is in the repo. ” Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from kledder: “Unfortunately, the Debian wifi compatibility list isn't much help. It's mostly chipsets and the mentioned models are either really old or not availlable ” Did you see my comment about the tp-link ac1300? It is on your first list…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from kai: “are you talking about the command line being what is left remaining on screen AFTER signing in with 'root' and then the respective password? I am now kind of separating the command line from the GUI. I think that issue was a portion of…
  • Quote from chrbar: “I saw there is an extra-plugin for VirtualBox, but I prefer use KVM (with remote access via VNC). Do you know if there are some conflicts with KVM? ” Not that I have run into. Quite a few people have been using kvm with the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from KM0201: “The last command will fix the broken docker plugin. ” It should be fixed now. 4.1.2 is in the repo.
  • Quote from chrbar: “I've mounted the LV, and it appear correctly inside "File System" (from "Storage" menu). ” How did you mount it? You *must* mount it with the mount button in the Filesystems tab and it will be mounted in /srv/.
  • Tony Liberatto -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharedfolders fill the boot disk..

Thank you very much. Will try and post back the results. I really appreciate.
  • Tony Liberatto -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Sharedfolders fill the boot disk..

Like (Post)
    union filesystem have problems to show files on plex. f you want to use plex, use RAID or ZFS pools.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV System Disk Failed - Can I rescue my data with a Fresh install.

read this post is really usefull: Degraded or missing raid array questions PD: this time install on a small SATA disk , USB is not professional as you see (only a year)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Quote from TechAndrew: “mfc495cwlpr-1.1.3-1.i386.deb mfc495cwcupswrapper-1.1.3-1.i386.deb ” Since those packages are called .i386.deb it's very unlikely that the installed software works on an ARM board.
  • kingbuffalo -

Posted the thread OMV System Disk Failed - Can I rescue my data with a Fresh install.

Thread
    Hi Guys, This is my first post on here and is a bit of a call for help really. I installed Openmedia vault for my Father in law around a year ago now and it was all working fine however the OS disk has since failed and I am wondering if I can recover…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from slb20: “unfortunealy i have the same issue and omv-extras 4.1.13 installed.. do you have any solution? ” Log in either via the console or via SSH apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist upgrade Once all that is done apt-get -f…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from flmaxey: “If booting OMV from a USB thumb-drive, with a known working clone in hand, it's possible to be back up in 3 minutes. Easy... ” True enough, but given the time to image the drive, then making sure you keep that image up to date…
  • raulfg3 -

are you sure that try to eneble docker-ce ? What is your NAS? <- Hardware spec.
  • tkaiser -

Quote from geaves: “The 6Mbps I quoted was ” Quote from kledder: “6MB/s ” That's 8 times more than 6 Mbps. Anyway, the 6MB/s @kledder reported are a really nice throughput value compared to many real world wireless NAS throughputs (since those signal…
  • geaves -

Quote from tkaiser: “Above it's 8 times more (6MB/s) ” ??????? The 6Mbps I quoted was in relation to the Devolo 1200+ and as for those Panda thingies the OP asked for a possible wifi adaptor, those Panda thingies would probably be a waste of money…
  • slb20 -

unfortunealy i have the same issue and omv-extras 4.1.13 installed.. do you have any solution?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x omv-backup - option "keep the last x days" not working.

Please open a bug report here: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ers/openmediavault-backup Otherwise it is not guaranteed that the plugin maintainer knows about it.