Recent Activities

• chclark -

Replied to the thread SATA card.

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from chclark: “yes that was the worry with the cables ” Again, if the drives ares stacked in groups of 4 (or more), no problem. I've be worried in any other arrangement. Builds are not hard, but thorough research is…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OpenVPN-AS Docker Container Fails to Start with Script Permission Denied Errors.

Make a backup copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml Edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and look in the <fstab> section for the <mntent> subsection that applies to that drive. On the <opts> line change noexec to exec and save the file. As root in the…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from chclark: “yes that was the worry with the cables ” Again, if the drives ares stacked in groups of 4 (or more), no problem. I've be worried in any other arrangement. Builds are not hard, but thorough research is need to insure…
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OpenVPN-AS Docker Container Fails to Start with Script Permission Denied Errors.

What method did you use to remove the noexec from your drive? I see from other posts there’s multiple ways and places you can edit for this. I’ve been dealing with same error trying to set up this container. Thanks in advance.
  • chclark -

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from chclark: “do you find the card needs cooling on some of the uk listings it says a 40mm fan needs attaching. ” I've found that these controllers run hot. In fact, I entertained the idea of rigging/attaching a small…
  • Mazufa -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “What happens when you hit return after you put in : apt-get update. Thanks what we need to see. You can also attach the picture by using the the attachments tab, which will appear in the bottom left when you leave another…
  • Mazufa -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

Quote from Marfio: “Mutta voitko käyttää omv-palvelua? ” Yes, I have been able Openmediavault dashboard. The problems started with that command because it didn't work. The command is apt-get upgrade which does not work.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't activate openvpn plugin.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from kmal808: “what would your recommendation be for remote access? ” I use ssh and don't use any vpn. I might start using wireguard and I guess there are some wireguard dockers out there. ” I have interest in…
  • stigma -

Replied to the thread Help with Docker, Nextcloud installation.

Quote from Virgil.A: “Quote from stigma: “I'm a little happier now because I realized the mistake. :D ” That is the best way to learn, I would have never guessed that ntfs would be the problem :)) ” Well, I didn't even think of it, but I tried it in…
  • adelancaster -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OpenVPN-AS Docker Container Fails to Start with Script Permission Denied Errors.

Like (Post)
    Is the drive where the docker base directory is located mounted exec?
  • adelancaster -

Superstar!! Thanks gderf, that was the issue! Adrian.
  • Netstumbler -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

RESOLVED! Thanks everyone. I do think after just now trying all of the above (OMV backup, winsysimage32, and some other clone sw) I think I prefer just cloning it on my laptop. That seems headache free when or if I actually have the need for it. This…
  • gderf -

Is the drive where the docker base directory is located mounted exec?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x low start because of the network?.

Quote from Darknesse: “Nic = network card? ” Yep, you should be able to disable one via ssh, TBH it's the only option I can think of testing to see if it improves, it's that or live with the slow initialisation. BTW do you shut the pc down? If so why?
  • kmal808 -

I’m more looking for access to all of my services/containers without opening a bunch of ports. I’ll check out Wireguard. Reverse proxy is another option I’ll explore. Thanks.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from kmal808: “what would your recommendation be for remote access? ” I use ssh and don't use any vpn. I might start using wireguard and I guess there are some wireguard dockers out there.
  • kmal808 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from schickel: “Also, after deinstalling the plugin, it does not delete completely. In service section is still openvpn available, but with deinstalled plugin I get the error: ” Clear your browser cache. I only put…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi - Why?.

Quote from JohnStiles: “it seemed to me that ZFS and cheap sbc is not so popular target combination for soho ” While that's somewhat true I tried to address the 'I enabled ZFS and burn up 13GB of RAM while transferring, so this further puzzles me…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Can't say I've had the first two issues in the past, but I've cp'd something as root (quite a few times), which caused a particular file to have a completely different set of permissions than the other files in a particular directory, and something not…