Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

Quote from Nefertiti: “I changed the dhcp pool from 192.168.2.2 to192.168.2.100, But I checked from a browser without add blocking and it is not working wondering If I can setup dns in the router as
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Assign domain name to OMV.

Quote from mariodelta: “No, I have purchased a .nl domain and I want to connect OMV to that ” The first is to determine if you have static IP or dynamic from ISP. If static IP it will be simpler, if dynamic then you will have to use one of the…
  • tzinm -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Resolved UPS settings in openmediavault.

Like (Post)
    Try: driver = usbhid-ups port = auto
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

Quote from tkaiser: “In case you're not able to understand why recommending fdisk in 2018 is BS nobody can't help you. ” You see,, I didn't say anything even close to that. (Why insist on spinning yarn off into the cosmos?) What I did say, early in…
  • Mimikri -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Build 17134.285 Worked for me with this: 1. Run secpol.msc from command line. 2. Security Settings -> Local Policies (Lokale Richtlinien) -> Security Options -> Network Security: LAN Manager Authentification…
  • GeorgeP -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sudden loss of DNS resolving after installing PXE / dnsmasq plugins.

Thread
    I seemed to have broken (and hobbbled back together) my ability to do dns resolving after installing PXE / dnsmasq plugins. I did manage to get PXE working to some degree but I ended up breaking my resolv.conf somehow (kept putting 127.0.0.1 in it) I…
  • Ayv014 -

Replied to the thread OMV fails starting the web server.

@macom: I've cheked the MD5 and it maches, so the file is correctly downloaded. On the other hand, i've logged in with the root user as you said and the output of the systemctl status nginx.service is (i attach the picture): 4i60c2g imgur.com/4i60c2g
  • macom -

Then you need to configure DynDNS to map your current IP to the domain. Once that is available you can forward an external port of your domain to OMV on your router. This might also help: Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and
  • mariodelta -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pi user doesn't have owner permissions.

• mariodelta -

No, I have purchased a .nl domain and I want to connect OMV to that
  • tzinm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

Quote from subzero79: “which by the way was stated in the guide. ” In the guide I understand, that curl is a way to obtain the chat id. I have installed curl, but I don´t receive anything by telegram ?( I am not watching any error. Source Code (1 line)
  • tzinm -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

Like (Post)
    The error is kinda of obvious. Need to install curl apt-get install curl
  • MrC -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to share folders with Nextcloud.

Hello ! You just need to install and configure the "External storage support" app.
  • manne_sahne -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to share folders with Nextcloud.

Thread
    I have installed OMV+Nextcloud based on the youtube tutorials of Techno Dad Life. In OMV i've enabled smb/cifs to get network access to the shared folders. What do I have to set up to get access to the same folders in Nextcloud?
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Missing documentation, add disk to RADI6.

I was able to add a spare disk via command line following this guide (without the conversion from RAID5 to 6 of course, because I already have RAID6): ewams.net/?date=2013/05/02&vie…g_RAID5_to_RAID6_in_mdadm However, I still don't know what the problem…
  • What are the differences between using OMV's native OpenVPN plugin vs a docker container? I've been using the plugin for some time now without issues, but I was wondering if the docker version makes it easier to configure other aspects of OpenVPN (if…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from tkaiser: “I proposed to evaluate a 'NAS HAT' to FriendlyELEC's CEO and fortunately he seems to agree ” Good news. In the meantime FriendlyELEC picked up the suggestion, made a prototype and tested it already:
  • mipi -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Degraded Array.

Thread
    I'm runnung a OMV 3 System on a QNAP-TS. I'm using it as a rsync-Server to backup my production Server on OMV 4. Installed the SYstem in a HD and the backup-Data on a single HD. Every time the production server is backing up I get the message " A…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

Quote from flmaxey: “this is a forum of opinions only ” Sure, if you want to sabotage solving user problems, then that's the way to go. In case you're not able to understand why recommending fdisk in 2018 is BS nobody can't help you. But with some…
  • skorpi08 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x FTP ZUGANG PROBLEME ÜBER INTERNET.

Like (Post)
    Versuch mal mit Filezilla über SFTP zu verbinden. Dazu braucht der FTP server auf OMV nicht zu laufen. Der user muß nur in der SSH Gruppe sein. PS: beim Editieren von Linux System-Dateien unter Windows muß man vorsichtig sein. Klappt nicht mit jedem…