Recent Activities

• TechnoDadLife -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Pull older docker image version.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flyinjoe13: “Were you streaming .mkv files? My MP4's work fine. MKV files will not transcode in Plex sometimes if you have the noexec opt enabled in config.xml. The movie I watched the other night was an mp4. Last night's was an .mkv…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked flyinjoe13’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Pull older docker image version.

Like (Post)
    It just hit me what it is. The noexec option in the config.xml file. I need to remove it. Good grief, four hours wasted for a 2 minute fix.
  • tmdart -

Replied to the thread Docker Issue on Install.

About the not answering with Y part... I noticed that and when I tried to run this process a second time I did it right. I thought I had edited my post to take that bit out. I appreciate your help. I may try to fix it one last time just to see if it…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!.

Like (Post)
    Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Webvirtmgr is not being maintained anymore. I think the easiest way to do it right now, would be cockpit. I was looking for something that would be quick and clean, but my research is not turning up anything that is being…
  • Yes culprit is probably /srv ,after you unmount it,list the directory. When mounting of something fails,and you keep writing,you fill underlining filesystem(so if /srv failed to mount,/ is going to fill.)
  • Quote from Goobs: “Root directory, "/", is at 100% capacity ” You need to umount all your /srv shares and then check the contents of each directory as outlined here: OMV4 - Systemplatte (120GB SSD) zu 94% voll? (Google translate version)
  • My eyes are drawn to /boot. It has no business being 1GB. Is it on a separate partition then that may also be full. Should be cleaned up. Old kernels? Also, if you previously by mistake wrote to a mount point that for some reason was not mounted then…
  • walter.santos -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 LDAP integration failure.

Thread
    Hey Guys, I'm trying to integrate LDAP with OMV4. My scenario: As an authentication server I use Jump Cloud (jumpcloud.com) OMV is hosted on the Google cloud I installed the LDAP plugin in the OMV plugin repository and when I try to integrate I get the…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pull older docker image version.

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Were you streaming .mkv files? My MP4's work fine. MKV files will not transcode in Plex sometimes if you have the noexec opt enabled in config.xml. The movie I watched the other night was an mp4. Last night's was an .mkv…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from macom: “I also have to mention that I recently did a rollback with snapper on the HC2 ” Yep, on the OMV images for ARM (except RPi and two or three other boards where I had bootloader troubles with btrfs) rollbacks are possible since we…
  • flyinjoe13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pull older docker image version.

Were you streaming .mkv files? My MP4's work fine. MKV files will not transcode in Plex sometimes if you have the noexec opt enabled in config.xml. The movie I watched the other night was an mp4. Last night's was an .mkv because I didn't want to take…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Abandoned plugins.

Quote from vcdwelt: “i'm using a big Plex installation with lot of custom configurations and a big database. I'm afraid of moving this into a docker. Also i read a lot about problems with Transcoding (and some other things) insite a Docker Container in…
  • macom -

I also have to mention that I recently did a rollback with snapper on the HC2. It worked in the sense that the system was up and running as expected, but snapper was not configured any more. Probably because arm devices are not using grub which seems to…
  • KM0201 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Like (Post)
    Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! ” That is one of the reasons it is listed in the common problem section (see below).
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Abandoned plugins.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Niemand: “why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a guide to keep plex up to…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from macom: “Just want to mention, that snapper is doing this ” Yep. But snapper only does snapshots and as such only prevents from logical failures (like accidentally deleting/overwriting data or when used on the rootfs after failing software…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Abandoned plugins.

Quote from Niemand: “why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a guide to keep plex up to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install.

Please remember to install the docker-ce package before plugin on the wonderful RPi.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! ” That is one of the reasons it is listed in the common problem section (see below).