Recent Activities

• ala.frosty -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV in VM - how to resize data disk?.

As I suspected, your disk is 100GiB but your partition is still 50GB: Source Code (9 lines) Refer back to my post #6. Use Parted to resize /dev/sdb1. Once you've followed that, return here and repost the "fdisk -l" result. you want your new Source Code…
  • kmal808 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

Thread
    Howdy, I had a power outage today and the server restart, cannot access docker container web ui's. Docker service and all containers are running. I tried to create a new container as a test and get this error: Source Code (1 line) The output of systemctl
  • try Source Code (3 lines) if that doesn't help: Remove this directory rm -fr /var/lib/apt/list Recreate the necessary directory structure mkdir -p /var/lib/apt/list/partial
  • mneese -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to Setup Snapraid.

Thread
    Hi, newbie here, wondering about the process for setting up snapraid and it's best practices...I have one box with OMV and a vanilla Raid 5, but seems that the snapraid might be better for my needs, which is basically archiving photography and video…
  • mneese -

Replied to the thread Can't boot after installing HBA.

On my dell T7500 workstation, when installing a raid card, you have to disable the system or motherboard raid in the bios settings before the new card will be recognized. ALso, you may have to configure the boot drive in the card's bios settings....maybe…
  • randomthoughts -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV and storage on one drive?.

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll try a minimal Linux install and then OMV on top of that to see what happens
  • Pentothal -

Liked antipiot’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt problem.

Like (Post)
    Happy to hear its working :) Quote from Pentothal: “so letsencrypt was useless to remotely access my nextcloud? can I delete it from the docker? ” When you connected to your server, your browser probably said something like "Your connection is not…
  • Pentothal -

Liked antipiot’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt problem.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Pentothal: “thank you, I'm learning so many things, we hope to remember them for the futureI would like to change the ports but I am afraid to work on it the Nextcloud container in the docker assigns port 433 by default, it is not possible…
  • Pentothal -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt problem.

Quote from antipiot: “In docker you map an host port (OMV port ) to the port opened inside the container, you just have to edit the mapped port to your container. If you do this in the docker OMV GUI, once you apply, the container should restart with…
  • telijah -

Replied to the thread Another permissions thread, help a noob set this up properly....

I do have it being mirrored via rsync to another drive so I do have the contents. Thanks!
  • MickBurke -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

OK, so it sounds like you're saying (and what I was missing with Geves) is that if we let OMV manage the drives and the raid, IT can then MONITOR each drive thereby eliminating the NEED to scan or check the drive? Thanks (and thanks for your patience…
  • flmaxey -

(After turning off hardware RAID) To see the status of your disks, under Storage, SMART, enable SMART. Then, in the devices tab, enable SMART monitoring on each device. At that point, you can click on a drive, the information button, then the
  • herve -

Replied to the thread Transmission openvpn in docker.

Solved by putting the container in bridge mode. Thank you
  • geaves -

• geaves -

Quote from MickBurke: “I think I'll need to find an alternative to OMV though, if there's no way to do simple tasks like check a drive. ” You simply need to turn off the Raid in the bios, that way it will be a sata controller and each disk will be…
  • happimeal -

Liked happimeal’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Orphaned entry when navigating container folder.

Like (Post)
    ugh, facepalm, i cannot believe i didn't think of that, thank you
  • happimeal -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Orphaned entry when navigating container folder.

ugh, facepalm, i cannot believe i didn't think of that, thank you
  • MickBurke -

Thanks yea that's the plan. I think I'll need to find an alternative to OMV though, if there's no way to do simple tasks like check a drive. I was just hoping to use the old Dell 840 server and OMV worked (where FreeNAS wouldn't) so that's where I…
  • Scriptcore -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting.

Thank you very much for the instructions, I did not think of something myself to put a clean system =) I'll try and accomplish the results!
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) Installation Questions.

Thanks to Macom for pointing to this thread for answers. forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=190302#post190302