Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount USB memories (and show them up on SMB).

The usbmount package was very useful to me and I recommended it highly back in the days of OMV 2.x and 3.x. However, with the arrival of OMV 4.x which is based on Debian Stretch, usbmount was rendered broken. Some Stretch users have posted workarounds…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount USB memories (and show them up on SMB).

Quote from MioCuggino: “but I've only found an useful thread that talk about a 'usbmount package', but I can't find it on 'Plugins' neither anywhere else. ” It is a Debian package not a plugin. You would install it from the command line. Quote from…
  • MioCuggino -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Automount USB memories (and show them up on SMB).

Thread
    Hi! Over time I've built my x86 homemade NAS with openmediavault 4, and I've reached a pretty good overall state with that! I usually download and transfer a lot of files on that, especially over my several external Hard drives. I mounted my shares…
  • DaTaCoRe -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC-1 VLAN Issue.

Thread
    Hi Everybody, yesterday I finally managed to get started with building my own OMV NAS on the HC1. Everything works fine, except I can`t get VLAN interfaces up. Seems to be an issue with the nic name lenght, since "predictable network interface names"…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Quote from KOENICH: “omv-grubiso does not sem to exist on my OMV installation ” I didn't notice you were using OMV 3.x. omv-mkconf omvextras rebootcz
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install remotedesktop because newer xrdp require.

You must not have backports enabled. There is a button to enable backports in the Repos tab of omv-extras.
  • salopette -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 openmediavault-domoticz plugin (TESTING v1.0.1).

Like (Post)
    Quote from mathojojo: “So now I will try with the testing branch of the OMV-extras repo.. ” domoticz 4.9701 and openmediavault-domoticz 3.1 are in the 4.x repo now. The domoticz package was compiled from git since all of the packages available on…
  • Frank Zhu -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Tried export/reimport the pool. Didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cloning the drive.

Yes, you can clone the drive using clonezilla. You need to use the -icds switch to be able to clone a larger drive on a smaller one. The data on the larger drive have to be smaller than the capacity of the smaller drive of course.
  • garyi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cloning the drive.

Thread
    Hello I used a 512g ssd for the OMV main drive and could really use that space in another project so I want to use a smaller ssd. The backup options within OMV seem very complicated, can I not simply clone one drive to the other outside of OMV? I bit…
  • nick2k3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OMV 4 Docker "error creating overlay mount" sonarr.

Hello everyone, I have found the problem. The filesystem that hosted the "Docker base path" was an NTFS one. Apparently Docker internal management of volumes requires an unix-like filesystem: docs.docker.com/storage/storagedriver/select-storage-driver/
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to accomplish automatic sleep/shutdown and power-on with advanced power management?.

Not so much. Quote from raven66: “Should I set APM for my disks to conserve energy or just set up a "idle" time, after which NAS will put itself to sleep? ” I do not use APM. When I did, load cycle count increased quite fast. I use hd-idle…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to accomplish automatic sleep/shutdown and power-on with advanced power management?.

OK, got it. Could you also address other questions?
  • macom -

Quote from raven66: “I can wake my NAS from sleep, but I have to login to my router and execute WoL command to wake up NAS remotely. ” It is also possible to use WOL from Windows and from Linux. On WIndows I use mhsoft start-on-lan. There are…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update NO WOL with Kernel 4.17.0.0. bpo.

There are some threads in the forums about recent WOL problems. Have a look there to check if the proposed solutions help you. WOL not possible after SW update
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Update There are still updates for OMV 3 ?.

Or clone the thumbdrive and do an upgrade omv-release-upgrade If everything works as expected you don't even have to set up your configuration from scratch. BTW: you should have an image of your thumbdrive anyway as backup of you OS.
  • Denne -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Bazarr on Docker: Path to TV Shows is invalid.

Thread
    Hi there, I installed Bazarr (github.com/morpheus65535/bazarr/wiki/Installation---Docker) through Docker and it seems to run fine with one exception: Bazarr says for every TV Show that the path seems to be invalid (Don't have Radarr so can't say if…
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Update There are still updates for OMV 3 ?.

If you have a spare hdd, you can try to install OMV 4 and just exchange the OS drives. Then mount your data drives. If it works well - just keep on using it. If not, switch back ;)
  • kaminkehrer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update NO WOL with Kernel 4.17.0.0. bpo.

Hallo, bei genau das selbe. Mit zurückwechseln auf den Kernel 4.16 funktioniert das WOL wieder. Grüße kaminkehrer
  • KOENICH -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Quote from Falco: “Quote from KOENICH: “... ” Could you please post the result of "systemctl status" of the nginx service? ” Sure, here it is: Source Code (12 lines)Looks to me as if there was a certificate problem - in addition to updating OMV I…