Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

I got the notification this morning, that pending sectors turned into offline uncorrectable ones ... I'll replace the drive.
  • gunneric -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Warlock, What JollyRgr is saying, is that as OMV is a NAS or Network Attached Server, it is better to access it through the client you are using with your User name and password. You should set up network drive(s) on your primary access computer and…
  • DHGE -

Liked FlotteTotte’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Like (Post)
    Ja nen Paar Infos zu meinem System wären wohl sinnvoll :D NAS --> GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H, i3-7100, 8 GB RAM, OMV 4 System auf MP500 Series 120GB M.2 NVMe, 7x 4TB WD RED Die Logs kann man sich doch auch direkt in der OMV Oberfläche ansehen, oder mit mc…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New to OMV....

Quote from razvanrudy: “Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? ” 'adoby hc2 site:forum.openmediavault.org'
  • flmaxey -

Quote from razvanrudy: “1. Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? Are they separate servers or some how they form a single server? 2. What about transcoding ( I know this is one of the most power hungry operation) they…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from razvanrudy: “What about transcoding ( I know this is one of the most power hungry operation) ” The ARM SoCs all have powerful dedicated video engines (since these platforms are designed for exactly this use case -- encoding and decoding…
  • razvanrudy -

Still digging on the forum and trying to get the informations about this. Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? Are they separate servers or some how they form a single server? What about transcoding ( I know this is…
  • flmaxey -

Really it depends on your budget, the performance you're looking for, and whether or not virtualization or heavy usage of Dockers is likely. For the widest selection of Dockers and the ability to run virtual guests with desktops, you'd need an X64…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

I'm pretty sure the Docker itself wouldn't be too hard to set up. But again, part of knowing if the Docker is working correctly is knowing how to use the app or server the Docker is running. You're right, in that running any server is best done in a…
  • Adoby -

There is a whole thread on efficent SBCs. I have good experience with ODROID HC2s. I use 5 of them for streaming, storage and backups. 4 of them with OMV. One HC2 with a SSD for streaming media, from the other HC2s, and other server apps. The others…
  • ggibeau -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdc[1] sde[3] sdd[2] sdb[0] 8790405120 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4]…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Quote from ggibeau: “Run the command you referenced - from telnet "mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127" Reboot File System same - - not mounted and Missing Any other thoughts? Or should I just go back to 3.x and be happy. ” That command can only fix an…
  • ggibeau -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 ” ran apt-update apt-get upgrade (nothing to upgrade) removed clamav plugin Ran in-place upgrade to go from 3.x to 4.x completed with no errors logged in via web u=interface here is what I see…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from ggibeau: “do you think it would have worked? ” Probably. That is what the command is supposed to fix. Quote from ggibeau: “root@omv2:~# wipefs -n /dev/[bcde] wipefs: error: /dev/[bcde]: probing initialization failed: No such file or…
  • ggibeau -

No - I never tried that - - do you think it would have worked? I guess I can do an upgrade in place again and see what happens (since I know I can always put 3.x back on there) - and if it does the same thing, I can try the command you reference…
  • BorgHead -

Replied to the thread Issues copying files from Windows share.

Hmmmm, my wife is a Francophone, so most of her 5000+ songs will have to be converted. At this point I may be better off re-formatting the drive back to NTFS, create a share and add the users and permissions. Considering that most of her current and…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

This is a warning that you should consider a new drive. Don’t rely on sectors reallocating. Just replace it. To force reallocation you need to attempt a write on that sector.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Quote from Jieta25460: “Ok thank you but so close I need to change usb key every 4 months ... I can use the garantee of the product ^^. ” I have a usb stick in one server that has been running of it for over three years. Quote from Jieta25460:…
  • Warlock00 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

La ringrazio molto per la risposta, scusa ma ho sbagliato a scrivere e volevo dire cartelle Vorrei semplicemente spostare i file da A a B senza dover utilizzare un client che ridurrebbe notevolmente il tempo se non mi sbaglio, come dovrei fare…
  • Jieta25460 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Ok thank you but so close I need to change usb key every 4 months ... I can use the garantee of the product ^^. I think to use my first back up. otherwise i will need to save all data on others disk ... because if I reinstall all the OS and create the…