Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• iamaburrama -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

Thanks for that, I'm looking at the right docker images now. Still getting the same error.. can anyone point me in the direction of how to set up docker permissions? Quote from raulfg3: “Do you create user & group docker and use inside the docker PUID…
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread Major Upgrade Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure.

Thanks. I've checked the file and can see the sed substitutions in their, so fingers crossed it will work. I'll give it a go this evening.
  • iamaburrama -

Liked TechnoDadLife’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

Like (Post)
    Raspberry Pi needs Armhf images. Here is a chart to help see that most of their images are x86 and armhf, but you need to download the armhf docker for it to work. Linuxserver Images Chart Linuxserver Armhf Transmission docker Always look for
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid Mirror.

1 - What kind of raid is it? Do you have backup? 2 - They are but there are also plugins for both. rsync is part of OMV. rsnapshot is a plugin in omv-extras that can be installed once you install omv-extras. 3 - It might be able to. I don't know how…
  • Currymunster -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Currymunster: “out of curiosity - whats the point of a raid system ” Availability or 'business continuity'. A drive fails but there's no business disruption. The whole RAID concept is BS if you don't use server…
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati.

Extras are now installed and Duplicati is on the plugins list. I'm not going to do it just yet though as I think sorting the hard drives out is a priority.
  • utamav -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!).

I have the same problem. I was able to boot into OMV, but I want to change the boot point from /dev/sdx to UUID. Can anyone guide me on how to do it?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Currymunster: “Also can I point out that my server is not being used as a backup. the data on it is the primary copy used and shared between 7 computers. ” Here is what I think you should do (obviously it is generic) but should work for…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Currymunster: “out of curiosity - whats the point of a raid system ” Availability or 'business continuity'. A drive fails but there's no business disruption. The whole RAID concept is BS if you don't use server grade hardware (UPS…
  • Currymunster -

So you are suggesting that the 3 x 500gb drives i have set up as a mirror raid would be better used as backups still in the same tower using rsnapshot which can be scheduled to pretty much anything? sounds like a good idea? out of curiosity - whats the…
  • Jxck -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Trying to Setup NUT web cgi.

Thread
    So I've successfully setup my ups with the NUT plugin on OMV the monitoring works fine. Id like to add the NUT cgi web interface also but i have little to no experience with it. The package is NUT-cgi and some one else has set this up before and made a…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

Raspberry Pi needs Armhf images. Here is a chart to help see that most of their images are x86 and armhf, but you need to download the armhf docker for it to work. Linuxserver Images Chart Linuxserver Armhf Transmission docker Always look for
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/5rSKD7RUi6k Today, we install Lychee, which is photo management software, on our OMV server using Docker.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

There are no significant functional differences between the plexinc/pms-docker and linuxserver/plex dockers.
  • THALASTONE -

Replied to the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

@gunneric: thanks for the tip! I'll have time next week to try to fix the server so i'll check out that new image with your other tips. @gderf: good point re my permissions, I'll fix that up. interesting regarding the change from /media to /srv. …
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

@flmaxey Thanks to your comment here following the monit tutorial I just maybe able to resolve a small problem. :thumbsup: I have 'acquired' a Dell Optiplex i5 with 8Gb Ram with 2 video outputs (Display Port and VGA) this has mean't that I can use 2 decent…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati.

Quote from Currymunster: “Just checked and it's not installed - Thumbs down! ” It isn't included with omv itself.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Currymunster: “I see - I run a business from home and need certain files to complete invoices, send them and type up quotes so I need it all the time so I'm guessing the RAID Mirror is a good option. ” I don't use a mirror array anywhere. …
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x [SOLVED] No graph of Disk Usage for Newly Added Disk.

In the GUI of OMV there is an entry on the left side "monitoring". In that view you can disable/enable the monitoring. Monitoring is not a plugin.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New OMV Server Hardware Advice needed.

Quote from Dr.Proton: “My thought was to find an ITX case for the drives, get a cheap used ITX board with a soldered on CPU where I can put in the DDR3 SO-Dimms and a PSU ” Good luck with finding a motherboard that can cope with the RAM. Also I…