Recent Activities

• flyinjoe13 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Stuck in some kind of loop.

Thread
    Every time I boot my server I get the top message that tells me 'The Configuration has been changed' and I have to apply or revert. Clicking either option does nothing because it errors out. Any way to clear this thru the command prompt? EDIT: …
  • Philbert -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Issues with WD 8TB Red HD.

OK Guys, Ran the Command Line and results are as follows: ZFS_Member (Filesystem).... So, how do I need to proceed??? We're using 2012 Mac Pro Computers in our Home Network - can I Format these Drives to Mac Extended Journal and erase this…
  • lenovomi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x snapraid + adding new drive.

hi, i replaced failing drive but still have multiple errors related to the mergerfs in dmesg... [44459.406162] EXT4-fs error (device sdd1): htree_dirblock_to_tree:990: inode #157287807: block 629154085: comm mergerfs: bad entry in directory: rec_len % 4…
  • Check the previous post. It applies to you!
  • Hey, I know it is an old thread, but it is a related unsolved situation. I just installed omv on my rp3 and all was working great. I am able to access the control panel and make the changes I want. However when I try SSH it, it connects and asks me to…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to log into web gui after update.

You have your docker containers on your boot drive. at 110gigs, I'm guessing your plex or emby database is there.
  • andyw -

Is there a way I can find what is using the disk space? I have logged in via winscp and can't find the offending file. root@lh-omv-nas:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev 3.9G 0 …
  • andyw -

Is there a way I can find what is using the disk space? I have logged in via winscp and can't find the offending file. root@lh-omv-nas:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev 3.9G 0 …
  • Philbert -

OK ...These drives have been installed in the FreeNAS Server Box... I have a 5 TB drive that I could experiment with and maybe, if I am brave enough, will try the WD *TG Reds again and format using the command line above... Thanks for the info and will…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Soft RAID disappears after one disk is removed.

Quote from TrickyTrix: “So I assumed that everything should continue to work without interruption, in this case with soft raid1 and OMV, but I guess that I was wrong. ” I wouldn't say wrong, soft raid and hardware raid are totally different, but to…
  • geaves -

Quote from Philbert: “Again, reverted to FreeNAS 11.2 after the 'failed' attempt ” Feenas uses ZFs, ZFS adds a signature at the beginning and the end of the drive, simply running a 'quick wipe' in OMV to prepare the drives will only remove the…
  • Philbert -

Oh, forgot to mention drive connectivity...All drives use SATA Connections to Asus Motherboard - Intel I7-950 ...Unable to give output of exchange... Again, reverted to FreeNAS 11.2 after the 'failed' attempt :(
  • TrickyTrix -

Once upon I time I had IBM server that had hardware RAID1 set up, and when one of the two disks died, server haven't stopped working, it booted normally to Windows Server with notification that RAID1 should be repaired (by replacing failed disk). So I…
  • Philbert -

Votdev, Thanks for the response... I want to configure the Server as RAID1 but the problem is - no drives show up in the wizard to select...I abandoned the effort and reinstalled FreeNAS 11...Still would like to pursue OpenMediaVault if the drive issue…
  • MickBurke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

FYI, I wiped the box and started from scratch (since it was just rebuilt anyway) and it is working, and working well now. One strange thing though, wiped the USB stick and made sure that all 16g were available, but when I reinstalled OMV to it, it again…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved BTRFS: how to create a sheduled scrub job?.

If you're not going to physically move your drives (in a hot plug chassis for example) I'd go with btrfs scrub start /dev/sda1 Otherwise, the command that uses dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD40EFRX will follow the drive, if it's moved to another SATA/SAS…
  • votdev -

Quote from andyw: “Thanks Ryecoaaron I tried the above however it did not appear to work. Once I ran omv-aptclean i did notice a few errors please see below: E: Failed to fetch packages.openmediavault.org/public/dists/arrakis/main/
  • votdev -

Your assumption is incorrect. The data is not lost in mirror mode, but the RAID is not functional unless you've defined a spare disk that immediatelly replaces the missing one.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Mount FTP via curlftpfs.

Quote from crisp2u: “I'm planning to use a remote FTP for backup ” Somewhere on the Internet? Without a VPN?