Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• R0vsvamp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transcode folder for plex docker..

I dont know what this is sir: mergerfs(UnionFS. But all my drives are formatted EXT4 yes.
  • ajaja -

Quote from R0vsvamp: “All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker. ” Are you using mergerfs(UnionFS)? Are you drives formatted EXT4?
  • FlotteTotte -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Thread
    Hallo, irgendwie verstehe ich die von OMV automatisch angelegten Partitionen nicht so ganz ?! forum.openmediavault.org/index…8ccbc30f2ce46074bbc0e3f97 Ich nutze für OMV eine NVME M2 Platte. - p1 wird irgendwas fürs System sein - p2 wird die…
  • Warlock00 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Thread
    I hope it's the right session. I'm new to linux and omw and I would like to know how to access the cards I created and then move the files inside. do I have to log in as root or as a simple user? if I do cd / home and then ls -l I can not find folders…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Quote from Jieta25460: “It's strange ... when I install omv in june I had root access ... ” Something has happened to the system since then. I'm running out of ideas but: ls -al /bin/bash dmesg | tail -n10
  • R0vsvamp -

All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker. Do i have to set permissions in the docker it self and if so how?
  • Jieta25460 -

It's strange ... when I install omv in june I had root access ...
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Jieta25460: “I didn't touch anything when I don't have knowledge. ” I'm just speculating. Maybe it happened accidentally. I've never seen root locked out like this. auth.log wasn't helpful either. What about: ls -al / sudo su -
  • arik -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

Thank you very much, this is much clearer now!. So I can setup rsynch and when I will get an additional drive I will setup snapraid with a parity disk setted to the new disk and unionFS will mere the two old disk ( I will clean one ). thank you !!
  • Jieta25460 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Sounds like you may have changed something you shouldn't have. ” I didn't touch anything when I don't have knowledge.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Those all look fine (you could have run the command I posted to get it all in one :) ) I should have looked at your /proc/mdstat more carefully. Your array assembled but was in auto-read-only. Did you every try mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Jieta25460: “The password has been changed but the page is refresh like I never do something ... ” What is the output of: sudo tail -n20 /var/log/auth.log
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Transcode folder for plex docker..

Like (Post)
    Quote from R0vsvamp: “So if i just create a /transcode folder in my shared folder it should work? ” Provided the container points to that, however, I should read this and this to ensure that it will work, I'm not a Plex user but I have watched some of…
  • Jieta25460 -

Quote from ryecaaron: “The root user always exists. If you can't login as root via ssh, that is not because the root user does not exist. If you can't login locally with the root user, you have the wrong password. So, that is why I said you should…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Transcode folder for plex docker..

Like (Post)
    Quote from R0vsvamp: “Hi i'm trying to set up my plex on Docker, with the toturial from " Techno Dad Life " Video link . He skips the part with the transcode folder, and in the comment he says: "Just make a transcode folder in your AppData folder. You…
  • ggibeau -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

Snapraid is like raid 5 (or 6) and needs at least 3 drives. If you only have two drives, you would be better offer to have a scheduled rsync to sync the two drives together. With unionfs, you would never want your parity disk in the pool. So, if you…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Jieta25460: “Before do anything else are you sure there isn't anything else to do to create a root user ? ” The root user always exists. If you can't login as root via ssh, that is not because the root user does not exist. If you can't…
  • arik -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

Thread
    Hi, I have a 4 bay NAS with 2 disk 2TB each. I want to configure SnapRaid + UnionFS. With SnapRaid: Disk1 -> Parity Disk2 -> Data + content Its says that I need to have 2 content disk at least, what i am suppose to do ? can i set it up like Disk1 ->…
  • Jieta25460 -

Before do anything else are you sure there isn't anything else to do to create a root user ? Just add it in sudo group, no file should be modified ? I can change the root password but same problem with this account (like the video in page 1) ...