Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spyrious -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to save grub configuration..

root@openmedivault:~# netstat -nap | grep shellinabox -bash: netstat: command not found
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “Spinrite won't run - a drive controller issue? ” Spinrite is more to do with uefi, which I disabled then tried but still the same, not a controller as a Windows boot cd will see the drive, the error is from the 'old days' where…
  • geaves -

:cursing: what's the output of netstat -nap | grep shellinabox
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No space left mergeFS.

Ok, I'm catching up. The first post (with the mc screen shot) appears as if you're trying to copy data to the full drive. (Not what you want to do.) You want to go the other way. Copy from the full drive (left) to the drive with space on it (right). …
  • Spyrious -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How to save grub configuration..

Like (Post)
    stop it, then try, /etc/init.d/shellinabox stop /etc/init.d/shellinabox start /etc/init.d/shellinabox status in that order
  • Spyrious -

root@openmedivault:~# /etc/init.d/shellinabox stop [ ok ] Stopping shellinabox (via systemctl): shellinabox.service. root@openmedivault:~# /etc/init.d/shellinabox start [ ok ] Starting shellinabox (via systemctl):…
  • geaves -

stop it, then try, /etc/init.d/shellinabox stop /etc/init.d/shellinabox start /etc/init.d/shellinabox status in that order
  • belka -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV WebGUI is not available.

Thread
    Just made updating any problems except login in webGui. When entering the GUI, the following error occurs: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory Ошибка #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory…
  • Spyrious -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Spyrious: “The command has not finished yet.Is this normal? ” No it should finish immediately. It's the output from your systemctl I don't understand, it's just exited. ” sudo shellinaboxd -v -t -p 4200 --no-beep…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x add additional volume map to docker container.

If you have the default Docker setup, OMV is storing the Docker images and containers on the boot drive. This is no big deal. Dockers are so small (most of them), they don't take up much space on the boot drive. ((If it's a downloader or something…
  • geaves -

Quote from Spyrious: “The command has not finished yet.Is this normal? ” No it should finish immediately. It's the output from your systemctl I don't understand, it's just exited.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID Creation Fails Every Time With Failed to Execute Command On New Installation.

Quote from macom: “I understood it is the other way around: from Windows to share ” So UrBackup would work in that scenario, but remount mount plugin would error when the windows machine was shut down. UrBackup to one drive (A) from windows, then…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID Creation Fails Every Time With Failed to Execute Command On New Installation.

Quote from geaves: “rsync my OMV shares to that usb using remote mount ” So that is share to Windows. Then UrBackup is not an option I suppose. I understood it is the other way around: from Windows to share
  • vbalazs -

Replied to the thread I cant share a port via Iptabless (Firewall).

btw FTP client is not working. If I share 21 port on my Win10 computer it works. On openmedia nop. :/
  • chuckado -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x add additional volume map to docker container.

Is there a way to find where omv is storing my containers on the shared folder? Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  • Spyrious -

The command has not finished yet.Is this normal?
  • geaves -

His service shows Active: active (exited) from systemctl status shellinabox, that's what I don't understand.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from geaves: “that's interesting because mine returns this; but mine works! ” His service isn't running and that is why it works. The command will work on your system if you stop the service first - I had to do this as well since mine…
  • geaves -

Quote from macom: “UrBackup is a good option. Depending on the use case. ” Ok I'm listening...what I was trying to was connect a usb to W10, then rsync my OMV shares to that usb using remote mount, which worked until the W10 machine was shut down,…
  • JakRuzL -

flmaxey, thank you for the informative response. I think I will review the information given in the guide and reconsider my use of OMV. I look forward to being a part of the community. Thanks again. :)