Recent Activities

• Quote from Stramm: “Dein Strato Account muß es Dir erlauben, den CNAME Eintrag zu ändern.Wenn das eingerichtet ist, landest Du schon mal bei Aufruf Deiner Subdomain bei Deiner Fritzbox. Um auf das Nas zu kommen mußt Du noch Portfreigaben…
  • gtj -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Hello. I'm new to OMV and have set my server on a Odroid XU4 with Pihole, NextCloud and Transmission plugins. Performance is great and way above what I was expecting. Nevertheless, I'm always keen on experimenting. So I own a Voyo Vmac mini with an…
  • zapato -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved NFS (vers=3) locking not working with default 4.x build (with solution).

Hi all, I confirm the problem on OVM4 : 4.1.13-1 The solution is ok is working for me. Thank you
  • Walster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker network issue: Unable to resolve external hosts from containers.

Additonal info: Network Interfaces Source Code (19 lines) Docker info Source Code (4 lines)
  • Für MyFritz und eigene Domain siehe z.B. hier: pce-forum.de/anleitung-fritzbo…igener-domain-t27109.html Dein Strato Account muß es Dir erlauben, den CNAME Eintrag zu ändern. Wenn das eingerichtet ist, landest Du schon mal bei Aufruf Deiner Subdomain…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Aga's are used a lot in the UK particularly where you can't get mains gas, as the alternative is Calor, but most would use oil, probably the only downside to them is that have to be running especially if you're running hot water from them...but they're…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Raspberry Pi Install issue.

Quote from rogerfr: “SO IN SUMMARY: Use etcher to put the RPi OMV image on the micro-SD ... etc. Boot and watch the screen. Don't try to login to the web console yet*. Wait 20 minutes or watch the network activity light flashing meanwhile. The system…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plugin remote-mount - Auto mount & reload shared folder after network failure.

Quote from scarabaeus: “If i can try something to help yu ” Sorry, I don't have a solution.
  • rogerfr -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Raspberry Pi Install issue.

I've just met this frustration, tried three sd cards etc but eventually got to login to the web interface without effort so here is my track should anyone come here again. (In reality I only needed to use one of those sd cards). Get a really useful tool…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openmediavault-backup - Command DD - Restore backup.

Quote from scarabaeus: “Can yu explain me how to restore with this plugin and multiple files are created when the plugin use DD command. ” There a couple of differences with what the plugin does. It doesn't image the entire drive. It just images…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox reinstall not working.

Fixed in version 4.1.1 of the plugin in the repo now.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Update hangs.

Quote from mipi: “openmediavault-local.list.dpkg-dist:deb [trusted=yes] file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives / ” This is the proper line. Your other problem is with the /etc/apt/so.urces.list.d/jcfp-sab-addons-jessie.list file that you added. …
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked Nefertiti’s post in the thread Error with static ip on rock64.

Like (Post)
    SOLUTION. To make it short so you don't need to read the whole thread. Go in OMV GUI configure network as static do not do apply on "The configuration has been changed...." or you will get an an error. remove file in etc/network/interface d and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

That is my fault. I didn't realize the Debian package system would think 5.2-0-1 is greater than 5.2-1. 4.1.1 is in the repo to fix this now.
  • flmaxey -

My wife would love to have something like that. (So I won't show it to her.... :) ) Man, at this point I'm tired of building or, maybe I should say, "customizing". New construction is easy. Retrofitting old construction is a royal (Harry) PITA. …
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Quote from MarcTremonti: “hmm, doesnt seem to work with my command. old images stay there. something must be wrong in it ” :( Ok but what if it was like this Source Code (2 lines)so there are 2 separate lines
  • Remko -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

I have the same problem, looks like there is something wrong with the version number of phpvirtualbox Candidate: Candidate: 5.2-1, It must be 5.2.1
  • geaves -

Those Asus "things" are seriously ugly, TBH the HH has brilliant WIFI coverage + I'm watching ebay and facebook marketplace for a HH6. The HH6 is the best ISP provided router for WIFI and considering I only have a handful of Ethernet the WIFI is very…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cant access OMV via Hostname.

add it on the host file. use a DHCP that can resolve the name ( I use Pi.hole), etc...
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Installing OMV on my system...

Something to try: Set your BIOS boot order, and allow USB boot drives. Get a USB3 thumb-drive and install OMV to it. (I'm going to assume that your server has a CD/DVD ROM for the OMV ISO.) **If this works your you, you'll need to install the…