Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MD5 Hash for OMV 4 RPi ISO doesn't match readme.txt.

Quote from rdowns: “If an OMV team member could verify the MD5 hash and post it, I would appreciate it ” The MD5 hash of the new image I created/uploaded is ff27e253c86abdcd51c533d4841d3ded (SHA1/MD5 hashes are also available if you click on the info…
  • THALASTONE -

Replied to the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

I figured out what happened. When I set up the storage container as suggested by flvinny521, I didn't manually set the container paths. I assumed docker would get direct access to the host path. Well, that's wrong. The host paths are mounted inside…
  • THALASTONE -

Replied to the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

Here is where my .config folder lies: Source Code (1 line) The permissions: Source Code (1 line) My media folder: Source Code (1 line) I currently have the directories and files owned by root Source Code (4 lines) The files inside are also owned by…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Configure NUT client.

You can setup the UPS, using ACP software (and Windows unfortunately), to shutdown at some percentage of discharge. But this is configuring the firmware of the UPS, direct. The Linux Nut client powers down your server, based on time or at "low…
  • cowboypilot -

Replied to the thread Configure NUT client.

Is there any way to stop the autoshutdown of the UPS after the system shuts down? I want the UPS to stay up and continue powering my router. I tried changing the mode to "none" in the nuts.conf (It appears the scripts only initiate autoshutdown for…
  • ExTruckie -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No notification of pending updates being sent.

OK real communications are occuring from the OMV Box. I got this today /etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb: mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device. It is a new one, ever since the upgrade to 4.x
  • rdowns -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x MD5 Hash for OMV 4 RPi ISO doesn't match readme.txt.

Thread
    Hello, The MD5 hash in the readme.txt (dated 2018-06-16) doesn't match the MD5 hash of the new ISO that was uploaded on 2018-07-19. readme.txt MD5 hash: b3ad4ddb9cbe91d34949b67473b8affa downloaded ISO MD5 hash:…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

- The clone reading operation, for me, is usually 20 minutes. The write operation is longer but for some reason, this time around, it went way long. (It could have been a virus scan on the client. I didn't check.) It looks like the 2nd drive is going…
  • Quantumraj -

Posted the thread Back on OMV scene after 5 years.

Thread
    Background - I had a few boxes built for friends and family in 2012-2013 mainly on core2duo 6600 4 gb ram 4x2tb RAID, that supported 0.5.6 (Sardaukar) version of OMV. Fisrt of all none of them failed in last 5 years and none was maintained other than…
  • sualfred -

Posted the thread Cannot apt-get update - gnutls_handshake failed.

Thread
    Hey they, I moved forward and upgraded my existing omv3 to omv4. Worked without any issues, except I had to remove and reinstall watchdog. But after installing omv-extras I cannot run apt-get update anymore. Or at least it won't let…
  • gresec-root -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically.

The easyiest way to fix to boot isue is, to disconnect all harddrives. After that you can boot und log into in your account - run sudo "update-grub" and this fixes to fals line in the grub bootloader (switches to UUID)
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “I'm updating USB clones, in prep for the OMV4 upgrade. On the write cycle, what started off looking like it would take about 20 minutes, has ballooned out to well over 3 hours. ?( 16GB drives are starting to look better. ” Whoa!…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread I have been so angry today cause of OMV.

Quote from flmaxey: “If using a USB drive, a name brand drive is highly recommended. (SanDisk, PNY, Samsung, Corsair, etc.) ” Buying 'brands' is similar to buying counterfeit products (since fraudsters love brands for a reason). A simple web search…
  • elastic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rutorrent in docker.

Quote from flvinny521: “Quote from elastic: “@raulfg3 I got it to work with your help, thank you! Can anyone point me in the right direction to get autodl-irssi installed? Docker is very confusing to me... Edit: Hmm, also can't seem to change the…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread I have been so angry today cause of OMV.

If using a USB drive, a name brand drive is highly recommended. (SanDisk, PNY, Samsung, Corsair, etc.) While generic USB drives may test error free, and work, they may cause problems over time. Before using any USB drive, reformat it with SDFormatter
  • Primaerplan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount with BTRFS failed.

ok, thanks for your explanation. It's very interisting. I've also tried 'touch /root/lala && sync && reboot' After reboot: root@openmediavault:~# ls lala root@openmediavault:~# so it seems working. :) Any other idea?
  • flmaxey -

I'm updating USB clones, in prep for the OMV4 upgrade. On the write cycle, what started off looking like it would take about 20 minutes, has ballooned out to well over 3 hours. ?( 16GB drives are starting to look better.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sonos SMB share Permissions Error with OMV4.

(Well, until "someone wiser" chimes in. :) ) SMB1 has a weakness in it that allowed the Wcry (WannaCry) virus to exploit Windows machines globally. Patches stopped it and the virus was completely neutered when the domain it reported back to was bought. …
  • iamaburrama -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

Sorry I did a step incorrectly. I was supposed to run the image before creating.. I've mapped out all the directories and it appears to be running. If I add a Host path but do not add a container path I'm able to run the image successfully. I take it…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread Plex in docker.

revise that files exist on persistent path ( the path you use to save the plex config), and then delete the docker and recreate, because files exist, you can't lose your config. IF config files do not exist, then you lose your config