Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Felix1220 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX.

Thread
    Just want to introduce my NAS, I´ll make it short - english is not my language The Asrock MB was not the best choice I guess, really difficult to setup for me (not much experience with Linux) and I ran into a lot of troubles during setup, this Forum…
  • wez -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Install ZFS or bust... bust?.

No, I didn't watch the video (didn't know about it); I will now though. Yeah, sorry about not posting the output from omvextras 4 failing to install. I'll get on that.
  • daveinfla -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds.

I have the same issue, how did you fix it?
  • bbm -

Replied to the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Hello, my turn now 1 ) Buy an HP gen 10 micro server. From a nice reseller 2 ) Go to HP register yourself from another pc 3 ) Turn on the HP and enter in the BIOS and go in advanced where you see FRU Information take a snapshot of every number. 4 ) …
  • FireFlower -

Replied to the thread Newbie, Server hardware, Alpha software: My Winter NAS game.

[ignore]Edit: damn lack of coffee... I read again my posted sentence and made a little sense even to me, so here we go again...[/ignore] Progress has been slow, some parts that I ordered arrived after Christmas, have been busy with other projects like…
  • ixaff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) If using Docker in OMV with Flash Memory, is USB stick OS recommended?.

I was looking reading up on OMV + Docker when I chanced upon this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of this thread a discussion about how it might not be a good idea to run Docker and have it write to USB stick? Quote from…
  • matthias80 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly.

Thread
    Hello guys, I have installed a new omv system with 3 data disks, the snap raid plugin and for pooling unionFS with the policy ep MfS, but I mean this policy does not work correctly. All content data where stored on one disk in my pool, in my case on…
  • Haris2887 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) SMB Share Permissions.

Quote from riff-raff: “Did you set ACL and Privileges? Keep in mind, adding files through Samba into the nexcloud/owncloud data folder does NOT pass them through to your nextcloud, because the entries in database are missing. Try to use the official…
  • elvincent -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) headphones (docker) "cannot find directory".

here are my settings, any other images necessary?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Install ZFS or bust... bust?.

Quote from wez: “OpenMediaVault 4 with omvextras 3 ” Please don't mismatch versions of OMV and omv-extras. That will cause problems. You don't mention why it fails. Error messages? How are you installing omv-extras? Do you fully update OMV right…
  • berritorre -

Replied to the thread Strange sounds from the HP Microserver.

Well, last time it was the same: ran calm for a few hours, then started. Today it ran from about 9:30 until 18:30 without noise. So maybe it is solved. I don't think it was a loose screw though, I think this would sound different and more "rattling" and…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Installing something that is not a plugin.

Just about anything is possible but there is the matter of what makes sense. Do you want a server or a workstation? What you seem to be proposing is the installation of desktop software on a server. A desktop, versus a server, are two completely…
  • mikejbry -

Liked tekkbebe’s post in the thread Remove plugin [RESOLVED].

Like (Post)
    Try this: apt-get clean Tell if that works..
  • iguana007 -

Replied to the thread NAS in emergency mode after distro upgrade.

I was thinking, if reinstall of OMV would be an option how to recover my data? I would follow this guide: forum.openmediavault.org/index…lation-of-OpenMediaVault/, but I am not sure, what everything should be backed up so that I could recover my LVM…
  • antsh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Meltdown Spectre.

Looks like the backport kernel pushed today contains the patches for meltdown. (4.14.13-1).
  • Fako86 -

Posted the thread Kein zugrif auf web gui webinterface.

Thread
    hallo leute, ich habe ein riesen problem. habe ein bishen rumprobiert und rumgeschaut welche nas distrubition ich für meinen server nehme. habe mich für omv entschieden. beim ersten testen ging alles super, bis auf das mit firefox das webinterface…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread Probleme bei der Einrichtung von OMV.

Wenn du die Original img von OMV hast dann ist es: root Openmediavault passwd root neues Password eingeben
  • MichaelZ -

Nach einem Neustart des Pi`s wird die Festplatte nun angezeigt. Beim Versuch mit über putty anzumelden nimmt er nicht mehr mein anfangsvergebenes Passwort mehr an. Wie kann ich das root Passwort einfach ändern ? Mit dieser Anleitung (
  • NothingNowhere -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Like (Post)
    HC2 is now officially available: hardkernel.com/main/products/p….php?g_code=G151505170472 (see especially mechanical incompatibility note for few 3.5" HDD at the bottom)
  • tkaiser -

Mit USB-Platte angestöpselt... wie sieht die Ausgabe von folgendem Kommando aus? Source Code (1 line)