Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker and FHEM.

Quote from mipi: “in german we say "hochnäsig" , don't know how to translate it ” dict.leo.org/german-english/hochn%C3%A4sig I like "toffee-nosed" best :D
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Hilfe für Newbie.

Hattest du (eigentlich der Server ^^ ) bei der Installation Verbindung zum Internet?
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Update ARM-Device -> E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not understood.

No ... recommandations for cheap hardware for a rsync standalone backup device which can figure as a backup NAS ... this was perfectly fitted by the old QNAP-NAS we started the discussion on
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Update ARM-Device -> E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not understood.

Quote from mipi: “hope this will meet your recommandations and is better supported in the forum, but i'm afraid someone will have something to complain about. ” Should be ok. Quote from mipi: “Other suggestions? ” Other than stay on the…
  • flinkazoid -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unable to mount HFS/HFS+ in OMV 4.1.7 for Pine64.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flinkazoid: “Is there any way to get these FS to mount as I'd like to use it for an incremental TimeMachine backup ” Wrong approach. You don't need HFS+ support but POSIX compliance so simply choose between ext4 and btrfs for your data…
  • flinkazoid -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unable to mount HFS/HFS+ in OMV 4.1.7 for Pine64.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flinkazoid: “Any advise on how to go about this process? Im 100% new to the Linux thing. ” Compiling a kernel is not something someone new to Linux wants to start doing. Quote from flinkazoid: “Its worth noting that I was running your…
  • mipi -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I recommend upgrading your hardware. ” Got it ... ordered a Odroid HC2 ... hope this will meet your recommandations :D and is better supported in the forum, but i'm afraid someone will have something to complain about. ;) :P Other…
  • Vodka34 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x virtualbox TCP: SECURITY_ERROR Error #2048.

Bump, no one any ideas? can't use VM without this working.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

One of the RPi Trading guys answered and explains the additional bits: github.com/raspberrypi/firmwar…ae#commitcomment-31620514 So the new behavior is documented at least there. To fix things occurrences of printf "%019d" should be replaced with printf
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from esbeeb: “I think you'll be surprised to hear that on a NanoPi Neo Core 2 LTS, an external 3.5" hard drive (in a USB 3.0 enclosure with a JMS578 controller) ends up being slightly faster, over the network, than a 2.5" SATA SSD connected to…
  • jelzin -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Hilfe für Newbie.

Moin, ich schließe mich hier an. Ich habe mir folgende Konfiguration zusammen gebaut: elefacts.de/test-59-nas_basic_…x_sata_im_mini_itx_format und auch die dortige Anleitung zur Installation benutzt. Läuft soweit - ich kann allerdings die Sprache…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Quote from sergiu46: “Source Code (1 line)” So for whatever reasons the RPi Trading guys changed the output of the vcgencmd get_throttled command with latest ThreadX update rendering output parsing meaningless. Well done, these guys are really great…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Upgrade 2.x -> 4.x How to upgrade ?.

Upgrading doesn't cause you to lose settings or data BUT the upgrade from 2.x -> 3.x is difficult. If you do a fresh install, there is no way to keep your settings. You would have to re-setup the system. All four of your plugins should be moved to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from mipi: “I deinstalled omv-extras while i red a post here that recommended it ” omv-extras hasn't supported armel machines since OMV 2.x. I recommend upgrading your hardware.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to mount HFS/HFS+ in OMV 4.1.7 for Pine64.

Quote from flinkazoid: “Is there any way to get these FS to mount as I'd like to use it for an incremental TimeMachine backup ” Wrong approach. You don't need HFS+ support but POSIX compliance so simply choose between ext4 and btrfs for your data…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “Does Proxmox use Dynamic Ram Allocation? ” Yes. It has a feature called ballooning where you can set the min and max ram. Quote from flmaxey: “Since I'll be doing things that may not be recommended ( rm -rf / ), being able to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Fresh installation and : "systemctl maintenance".

Quote from rantanplan: “Do you think it's a clue ? ” No. Both of those probably failed because your array isn't assembling.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to mount HFS/HFS+ in OMV 4.1.7 for Pine64.

Quote from flinkazoid: “Any advise on how to go about this process? Im 100% new to the Linux thing. ” Compiling a kernel is not something someone new to Linux wants to start doing. Quote from flinkazoid: “Its worth noting that I was running your…
  • majorpayne -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker container configs.

I've already read that. I had a permissions issue in which I finally figured out what i was missing. Now I want to fix it but I do not want to lose the data I currently have. where I "placed" it looks like below.