Recent Activities

• Eike -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Network Error after change to Static.

Correct. The thing is that this i a 10GB Pcie Network card...and it would be good if i can use thoose.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Missing Devices RAID Management.

Quote from dchav007: “Do I have to create a file system for these to show up? ” No, most probably you run into the same issue as this guy: Never more than 5 data disks for each OMV machine ? (some "signature" still present on the drives preventing them…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Low speed to acess SMB share in MAC OS X Sierra.

Quote from kselltrum: “We mount drives as smb:// ” Ok, that's good since with cifs:// the Finder would try to establish a SMB1 connection. Anyway: I believe you should wait for OMV5 being available since the integrated Samba version then will better…
  • maxspeed -

Replied to the thread permission problem in mariadbserver.

TechnoDadLife well >>> for information im using owncloud its same nextcloud im install owncloud and its work when using sqlite but when using mariadb there is problem after check mariadb log the main problem in mariadb because im follow up nextcloud
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Deleting shares via cli.

Remove them from the webui first.. (you can choose delete shared folder, or delete shared folder and data.. which will completely delete the folder). If they are already gone from there... Then yes you could remove them.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Missing space on boot drive....

Im not really sure what that folder does. Are you storing your containers on the OS drive, or did you set up a folder on your storage drives to store them? That unfortunately is something that is missed in a lot of tutorials.
  • maxspeed -

Liked TechnoDadLife’s post in the thread permission problem in mariadbserver.

Like (Post)
    Quote from maxspeed: “here log bro KM0201 problem : owncloud work but mariadb not work when change host path to specific path but when leave default mariadb work i want use mariadb linked with owncloud database not used sqlite ” Hi Maxspeed, Can…
  • flyinjoe13 -

But I used the Plex Docker, not the plugin and I don't have a plexmediaserver folder anywhere on my boot drive so I don't know if plex is the issue. So basically, there is nothing I can do to cleanup this docker/overlay2 folder? If that's the case, how…
  • KM0201 -

Thats one issue with the Plex plugin, vs the Plex docker. With the Docker, you can put your database on one of your storage drives... To my knowledge, that's not an option with the plugin. Truth be told, 6.9gigs is a pretty small Plex folder. I've saw…
  • flyinjoe13 -

Not to sound stupid, but what is the command to check that file size? Actually, it appears that folder doesn't exist unless I am doing something wrong. I still think it has to do with me messing around with rsync in some way because I have had plex…
  • gderf -

How large is /var/lib/plexmediaserver ? You do not want that on the rootfs as it can grow to be quote large.
  • flyinjoe13 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Missing space on boot drive....

Thread
    Been running my test omv server off a usb drive. It's a 16gb drive and that's the way it shows up in my Disks listing (14.6gb actual capacity). In my file systems listing, it only shows 6.57gb capacity and I have used 5.69gb so it's highlighted in red…
  • Quote from denny2k2: “Noticed there were a few Dell T1700's going cheap on ebay ” I took a look at some of the T1700 offerings. The following is based on -> this listing. Here's the spec sheet. To check CPU bench marks, look here for Passmark CPU…
  • a1b2c3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x /etc is group writable.

I also tried 4.0.14 - same result with writable permissions. I thought that it could be related to a debian installation with root only and no regular user accounts created at startup. This wasn't the case.
  • dgtruman -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Deleting shares via cli.

Thread
    This may be a dumb question. I created a couple of shares that I decided not to use. as these reside in the /sharedfolders directory, is it safe to just remove them from the command line interface (shellinabox) or is there another way you should do it…
  • Extending Pi-Hole with Unbound, a Recursive DNS Server
    Unbound, a self contained recursive DNS server, will maximize DNS security for your LAN and its users while providing exceptional name lookup performance. (In tests using GRC'sDNS Benchmark, not…
  • Continued, from above:
    Continue to scroll to Volumes and Bind mounts: Add the following entries into host path and container path fields as shown. **Note: If a space is inadvertently added before the "/" in any of the paths shown below, the container…
  • Pi-Hole is a network wide ad blocker which, also, provides protection from malware sites for the users of your LAN. It functions as a DNS proxy where, by blocking name requests to known malware and advertising sites, network security and the client…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Is there a way to add a panel for notes or shortcuts?.

I saw someone mention that docker the other day and it's on my list of things to try (it might have been you actually)... Honestly had not heard of it till then. It does seem it would fit the bill for a panel of shortcuts. Would it only take shortcuts…
  • Noticed there were a few Dell T1700's going cheap on ebay. With the low power usage and a Xeon CPU it could work as a decent plex server and NAS?