Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Quote from jollyrogr: “can you access the file systems from a terminal? ” How can I do that? *edit: Do you mean if they are visible at /srv/...? No I can't. But I think therefore I have to mount them first, right? Kernel should be 4.9. Before that…
  • fullerms -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) OMV on Buffalo LS-WVL.

I resolved issue 3 by plugging in the UPS to the OMV NAS directly and configuring it to shutdown in 5 minutes. Once the config was applied using the NUT Plugin, I copied upssched.conf and then disabled the UPS in the plugin. Then I manually configured…
  • jollyrogr -

can you access the file systems from a terminal? Edit: What kernel are you running? I think the default is 3.16. It may not support BTRFS?
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) pi-hole in docker.

change it on /var/lib/docker/containers/2d1d02771be3a67de6ab79................/resolv.conf until new version 3.3 are available. forum.openmediavault.org/index…36f5d4c9eeadacf9b03a087cd
  • Introduction Many new users of OpenMediaVault have selected this operating system because they want to run a media server. They expect it to provide functions such as serving media to local or remote clients and downloading and organizing new content.…
  • Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge.

Update: In OMV, under Access Rights Management, User I created a user named dockeruser. The new user went into the users group by default. # id dockeruser , on the command line, shows the UID to be 1000. I set the PUID's in both containers to 1000 ,…
  • Wolf2000 -

Hi on the GUI it is not possible to access the system file. Only via CLI
  • Barracuda -

Yes, my OMV is booting without problems and I can use the GUI etc. (also all my HDD's are listed in Physical Disks) but the only thing I can't access is the File Systems menu.
  • bunilla -

Liked mrtata’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x (stable) some advices for a new NAS (update: feedback).

Like (Post)
    Hi, just to give you a little feedback on my config. here it is: - motherboard: ASROCK H270M-ITX/ac (with 6 sata port) - CPU: Pentium G4400 - rad CPU: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim - RAM: Ballistix BLS8G4D240FSC Sport LT 8Go DDR4 - Power: BeQuiet Pure Power…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from gderf: “I suggest not running containers as root to get around problems with system storage path permissions and ownerships. Fix the permissions and ownerships of the storage files and folders instead so that you can run the container as an…
  • gderf -

I suggest not running containers as root to get around problems with system storage path permissions and ownerships. Fix the permissions and ownerships of the storage files and folders instead so that you can run the container as an ordinary user, one…
  • ramanvda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0).".

Debian GNU/Linux 9.3 (stretch) x86 OMV: 4.0.19-1 Linux OPENMEDIAVAULT 4.9.0-5-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u2 (2018-01-04) i686 GNU/Linux I have exactly the same problem on a fresh installation (OMV4 on a fresh debian 9.3 32bits) In order to pass…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Hello Aron, Thanks for your plugin! I did not have time to test the plugin -until now. I did try to add an existing Archive, as I have many backups already, but this fails, because the Plugin tries "borg init" when configuring the archive. I think it…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from gderf: “I am referring to the container configuration environment variables where I see PUID 0 ” While I know defining a "dockeruser" is best practice: To navigate to storage paths, external to the container, it's an access control item. …
  • ramanvda -

Liked BIGAIRFOX’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0).".

Like (Post)
    Hello Forum, sorry, but my english is not good. I have the same problems with read file /tmp/*. it seems to be the permissions. When the error occurs, I open WinSCP and set the permissions of the reported file in the tmp folder to 777 and click Apply…
  • Wolf2000 -

Hi did you change it in the bios that he should boot from the usb
  • gderf -

I am referring to the container configuration environment variables where I see PUID 0
  • flmaxey -

Quote from gderf: “Why are you running that container as root ” I did notice the line in the deluge config - variables: PS1 : root@openmediavault:/$ Is that what you're referring to? Frankly, I don't know. It's a default ev generated by the image. …
  • Barracuda -

No, that did not helped. I downloaded the latest stable version (3.0.94-amd64) today and installed from USB drive - created with Etcher. Hardware that I'm using: ASRock J3160DC, Crucial 8GB RAM, 3x WD Red HDD's