Recent Activities

• NasAxMan -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Missing space on boot drive....

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from NasAxMan: “- created ext4 filesystem labeled "Data" on my empty partition mmcblk0p3 - created sharedfolder "Docker" on device "Data" ” I hope you do regular backups of your SD card in the future since due to constant…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from NasAxMan: “- created ext4 filesystem labeled "Data" on my empty partition mmcblk0p3 - created sharedfolder "Docker" on device "Data" ” I hope you do regular backups of your SD card in the future since due to constant writes with rather…
  • NasAxMan -

Hi, thank you for the guidance - helped me totally out of my missing-space-problem :) Just one thing that doesn't work after that: - created ext4 filesystem labeled "Data" on my empty partition mmcblk0p3 - created sharedfolder "Docker" on device "Data" -…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked macnb’s post in the thread permission problem in mariadbserver.

Like (Post)
    Quote from maxspeed: “i have problem i want install owncloud on my omv server using docker but the problem when select my specefic folder /sharedfolders/nextcloud in host path and run maria server i get this log below drwxrwsrwx+ 2 root…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Proxmox Kernel.

Proxmox means two different things: 1. A virtualization solution based on Debian userland but adding own packages via an own repo: download.proxmox.com/debian/pv…ubscription/binary-amd64/ (this repo also contains the pve-kernel package which is more or…
  • donh -

• ness1602 -

• donh -

I am using OMV in as a proxmox vm. I just wanted others to notice the change. Quote from ryecoaaron: “The only way to move the plugin to zfs-linux instead of debian would be to enable the proxmox repo all the time. That would update some packages that…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!.

Thread
    Is anyone currently using KVM? Are you using it with webvirtmanager or something else? I have a secret plan to (take over the world) avert a global disaster and I need to use KVM. No Proxmox will not work. Please let me know here.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “Have you noticed, about how often the Proxmox kernel is updated? Does it at least "loosely" follow Debian kernel updates? ” Every couple of weeks. Basically whenever Ubuntu 18.04 updates the kernel.
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread Permission error, but containers are running.

• Blabla -

Replied to the thread Permission error, but containers are running.

Today I had time to try some few things again: - from webUI, I gave to the user "Docker" ownship of the folder /Docker, but some subfolders remained owned by root: Source Code (19 lines) - I tied to to run Plex using root (UID=0,GID=0) and it worked…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from hoppel118: “I like the situation that host and guest use the same kernel! ” I missed this post - it makes sense when running guests on a virtualization platform. __________________________________________________________________ Have you…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV Install on Intel RAID Drivers.

Simply install Debian using their ISO images and manually install OMV according to Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch).
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV Install on Intel RAID Drivers.

Quote from sharkbait: “Has anyone had a similar experience? ” Including the model of the NAS might help. Quote from sharkbait: “Would there be a way to include the drivers in the OMV build? ” The OMV iso should be using the same kernel that the…
  • sharkbait -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV Install on Intel RAID Drivers.

Thread
    Hi, We are trying to install OMV on NAS that is no longer supported by the supplier but is still good. OpenMediaVault looks like a good solution however installation is proving trick at the moment as the sytem drive is mirrored using a Intel RAID for…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Check for new plugin fails - Might have installed something incorrectly.

Quote from anrirua: “I think I made an error in a command early on in the process ” Remove the bintray line from /etc/apt/sources.list. Not sure where you found that told you to add it but it is wrong. Then you should be ok after running apt-get update.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from donh: “Not sure if this might be a problem on OMV? Or if you could move OMV to the zfs-linux instead of debian? Kind of defeats the goal of simplicity. ” The only way to move the plugin to zfs-linux instead of debian would be to enable the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Encountering error with running Plex on Docker Repo, Rock64.

Quote from test011a: “I thought there has been arm64 plexmediaserver binary for sometime. ” My comment was out of date then. I haven't touched the plugin in about a year and there was no arm64 binary then. Quote from test011a: “OMV plugin always…
  • monsen -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Howto best update pihole docker.

Thread
    I have the pihole/pihole docker running and it is working well. Now I am asking myself what would be the suggested way to update it? I see that there are updates for FTL, pihole and Web GUI available on the bottom of the web page.