Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kingbuffalo -

Posted the thread OMV System Disk Failed - Can I rescue my data with a Fresh install.

Thread
    Hi Guys, This is my first post on here and is a bit of a call for help really. I installed Openmedia vault for my Father in law around a year ago now and it was all working fine however the OS disk has since failed and I am wondering if I can recover…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Quote from slb20: “unfortunealy i have the same issue and omv-extras 4.1.13 installed.. do you have any solution? ” Log in either via the console or via SSH apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist upgrade Once all that is done apt-get -f…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from flmaxey: “If booting OMV from a USB thumb-drive, with a known working clone in hand, it's possible to be back up in 3 minutes. Easy... ” True enough, but given the time to image the drive, then making sure you keep that image up to date…
  • raulfg3 -

are you sure that try to eneble docker-ce ? What is your NAS? <- Hardware spec.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from geaves: “The 6Mbps I quoted was ” Quote from kledder: “6MB/s ” That's 8 times more than 6 Mbps. Anyway, the 6MB/s @kledder reported are a really nice throughput value compared to many real world wireless NAS throughputs (since those signal…
  • geaves -

Quote from tkaiser: “Above it's 8 times more (6MB/s) ” ??????? The 6Mbps I quoted was in relation to the Devolo 1200+ and as for those Panda thingies the OP asked for a possible wifi adaptor, those Panda thingies would probably be a waste of money…
  • slb20 -

unfortunealy i have the same issue and omv-extras 4.1.13 installed.. do you have any solution?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x omv-backup - option "keep the last x days" not working.

Please open a bug report here: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ers/openmediavault-backup Otherwise it is not guaranteed that the plugin maintainer knows about it.
  • nexusle -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x omv-backup - option "keep the last x days" not working.

Thread
    Hi, I use openmediavault-backup from omv-extras.org to backup my OMV system partition (DD method). I've setup to hold backups from the last 3 days. This seems not to work. I see backups of 5 days 17 - 21 january). Backups of 2 days weren't deleted.
  • monsen -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update OMV GUI does not show updates.

Like (Post)
    It is a bit confusing. apt-get update will read your sources list. So you will see some output in the window, but it will not install any newer versions of software. apt-get upgrade will install newer versions of software, if available. In the GUI of…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from geaves: “6Mbps ” Above it's 8 times more (6MB/s) which should be more than what is achievable with those Panda thingies you linked to. 2.4GHz results in inferior performance anyway, only the 'N600 Dual Band 300Mbps Wireless 802.11n' adapter
  • monsen -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update OMV GUI does not show updates.

Quote from macom: “It is a bit confusing. apt-get update will read your sources list. So you will see some output in the window, but it will not install any newer versions of software. apt-get upgrade will install newer versions of software, if…
  • geaves -

Quote from kledder: “Technically these are AP's, not routers, but I don't see why they need routing functionality. ” I don't want to cloud what has already been posted but there is a blog here explaining Ubiquiti AC Pro as a bridge, there is also some…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from kledder: “why do I get the feeling that installing a wireless NIC is something people want to talk me out of? ” Since useless? An OMV NAS is operated headless, you can place it anywhere you want so simply move it next to a switch, then…
  • raws99 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100.

My /var/log/messages has a lot of those: Source Code (23 lines) and those: Source Code (32 lines)
  • kledder -

Quote from flmaxey: “There are a few options you may not be thinking about. (The follow links are examples only. This is not an endorsement for these products.) 1. A WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port. 2. Power line adapters. 3. A wireless…
  • kledder -

Quote from flmaxey: “There are a few options you may not be thinking about. (The follow links are examples only. This is not an endorsement for these products.) 1. A WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port. 2. Power line adapters. 3. A wireless…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharedfolders fill the boot disk..

union filesystem have problems to show files on plex. f you want to use plex, use RAID or ZFS pools.
  • old OMV mount shares on /media new OMV moun shares on /srv but I do not know how to change. other power users that read this post , perhaps can provide instructions of what files need to be edited to mount in correct path.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi alternative with Usb 3.

Quote from mxyz: “Libre AML-S905X-CC because of the usb 3 and increased ram ” Wrong choice, there's no USB3, no Gigabit Ethernet, amount of RAM is close to irrelevant for the NAS use case and the only advantage of the AML-S905X-CC over RPi is that…