Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• happyreacer -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x openmediavault-letsencrypt.

by the way, can enybody change the pluginconfiguration for a 4096 RSA key? :/ here are a link for the issue on github: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ault-letsencrypt/issues/4
  • saudagar -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rpi 3 + OMV 3.0.88 - No Device or directory.

i had not watched these.. thanks for pointing to the link. in plex video - it seems i need to create filesystem which would then be available elsewhere ex. in plex to be shared. i was able to mount my ntfs for share.
  • mrowcp -

Replied to a comment by kyou on mrowcp’s wall.

Wall Reply
    Nop, somehow the issue was resolved, without my assistance. How many user do you have in your AD? May be its need a time...
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x No HDMI output on OMV 3.0.87 image for Banana PI.

The Banana Pi is one of the boards I don't have. Which image did you use?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rpi 3 + OMV 3.0.88 - No Device or directory.

Did you watch any of the videos - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos?
  • calvin940 -

Replied to the thread RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared.

This does sound like an excellent plan. I would love to be able to provide something valuable and consistent when I get into these types of situation instead of fumbling around with piecemeal adhoc queries /commands. I don't know where I will get in my…
  • saudagar -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Rpi 3 + OMV 3.0.88 - No Device or directory.

Thread
    OMV image: OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41 used etcher on Mac on 32GB microSD Device : Rpi 3 Also connected to Rp3 is NTFS formatted 128GB USB 3.0 Click on Storage >> Physical Disk shows i have 2 disks /dev/mmcblk0 - 29GB /dev/sda - 119…
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x config.xml - sharedfolderref.

Thanks, sorry I missed the mntent reference. I've decided a fresh install may be the best option for the main server as although I have omv-extras installed on the backup server, No additional addons have been installed and the only addon enabled and…
  • dudeofx -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I doubt that was intentional. None of the other images are. Did you write the SD card with etcher? ” I had a spare SD card and spare time and I tried out etcher, and the HDMI is still dead. and its not a defective board…
  • rich673 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x iSCSI Plugin.

ryecoaaron thanks for the reply i later found out that the iscsi plugin didnt work on omv v4, where as at the time of writing my reply is did, however after my usual weekly reboot it nolonger functioned correctly, i shall look into the issue and should i
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved assigne groups with ldap backend user for webdav plugin?.

UID should be assigned in ranges. debianhelp.co.uk/usersid.htm See also /etc/login.defs .
  • nixmomo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved assigne groups with ldap backend user for webdav plugin?.

Yes i can manage the access for User and Groups and you point me at the right way. In that case the Webdav Plugin created a local group called webdav-users. This group was local only and not written to ldap. I created the group in my ldap too. First…
  • nixmomo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Wie Plex wieder aus Standby wecken ? Wecken aus Autoshutdown.

Hmm also das "Aufwecken" geht nur per WoL Signal. Ich bezweifle dass das ein Plex client senden kann. Kann dein Server WoL? Steht der Server bei dir daheim? Rechenzentren können solche Signale zum Beispiel per API an den Server schicken, das könnte…
  • donh -

Are you able to control access for users and groups? I think that is the use case for the omv server. Other features would be for show and may cause security issues. There are many versions of ldap servers out there. This makes it hard to get everything…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from votdev: “Please summarize the issue in a feature request or here. ” I'll meditate on this two more days, then send a feature request. Bash and not Python since I realized a decade ago that I should only do prototyping/scripting instead of…
  • dudeofx -

Replied to the thread Banana Pi - Running OMV off SATA instead of SD card.

My bad, I just noticed it mentions that on the ReadME. sorry
  • votdev -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “What do you think? ” I could add it to omv-extras but that doesn't help with people who don't have omv-extras installed. I think it would be worth asking Volker @votdev to include it in core OMV. If he says…
  • dudeofx -

no, I used dd I only wanted the display to ease installation, right now its running ok headless. it didn't automatically resize the partition like the readme file said it was going to do. I did that myself using gparted thou. I noticed it didn't delete…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Default/empty privileges.

You can also mark the share in samba as deactivated. Still in the db, but not in smb.conf just one click away.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x fstab identifiers.

You can force the label form by assigning a label to the fs. You need then to unregister the disk from the backend and mount it again. The label assignment can be done at terminal on existing file systems I know that ext4 and btrfs can be changed, not…