Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BackWoodsTech -

Replied to the thread Xfce4 Failed Login.

OK, let me know if you need me to provide any more info or if you need me to test replicating the behavior you are seeing. FWIW earlier today before posting I was getting a d-bus error when logging in with root but i ended-up flashing a clean install of…
  • itstheburns -

Replied to the thread RAID 5 Lost, Not sure what to do..

Sorry, I didn't know that was the next step. Here is the output: cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : md127 : inactive sdc[3](S) sde[2](S) sdb[1](S) sdd[0](S) 9552 blocks super external:imsm unused devices: <none> I'm following what to do exactly. I…
  • ryecoaaron -

You didn't post the output of cat /proc/mdstat but since you moved on to the update-initramfs command I assume it worked, you should be able to access your data then.
  • ryecoaaron -

That is the right version. I'm getting a different error trying to run it on my rockpro but it is due to my user. I will have to look at this later but I do see a lot of problems on arm boards with this (not just OMV).
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread Help selecting boot drive for new build.

I'm running an Intel NVME drive which is entirely unnecessary. A good quality usb stick would work just fine with the added benefit that making OS drive backups (clones) and swapping OS drives is super easy.
  • tr3bjockey -

Liked TheLostSwede’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

Like (Post)
    I don't see why it would be, as both would have their own database in separate directories. Emby is only available for OMV as a docker image though.
  • tr3bjockey -

Liked RobertFreud30’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

Like (Post)
    Hello everyone, I check our motherboard and noticed that ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller did not have a "yes" next to it. I do have a usb 3.0 external drive that I"m using as storage to play my media files through plex. If it's working, does this…
  • itstheburns -

Here are the results of your commands. mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm: stopped /dev/md127 mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcde] mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127 mdadm: /dev/sdb is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot…
  • tr3bjockey -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

Quote from RobertFreud30: “Hello everyone, I check our motherboard and noticed that ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller did not have a "yes" next to it. I do have a usb 3.0 external drive that I"m using as storage to play my media files through…
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Borgbackup plugin add existing repo.

Ok, thanks for clarification. Then it's probably the best to start a new repo. And thanks again for all your work...
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page.

Quote from Agricola: “@Nefertiti I see now. Thank you. Doesn't that have to do with the unique prime number encryption or something like that? Will that lessen the security of the site? Just asking because I don't understand the 2048 operation. ” I…
  • BackWoodsTech -

Hello! @ryecoaaron I simply ran: sudo apt-get -t stretch-backports install xrdp and verified: sudo apt-cache policy xrdp I believe it installed 0.9.8 and I can verify that here shortly if this sounds totally wrong. Thanks!
  • darkopi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OMV fails to start a web server.

When omv finish first boot and resatart they ask for login username (an pass). I was trying login as user root and pass openmediavault. It wont login just again ask for username (and pass).
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from darkopi: “How can I run (and where) this command? I can not open omv webui or ssh. ” Connect a monitor and keyboard and login as root.
  • ryecoaaron -

Based on your post, it didn't assemble correctly. mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcde] If it is assembling (look at cat /proc/mdstat), then: update-initramfs -u Then mount it (or reboot) mount -a
  • darkopi -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from darkopi: “Is it possible to enable ssh ? ” ssh is enabled. It is just blocked for root. Just run the following commands and you will create a user that can login via ssh and has full sudo.sudo useradd -G sudo,ssh -s
  • ryecoaaron -

• ryecoaaron -

Quote from darkopi: “Is it possible to enable ssh ? ” ssh is enabled. It is just blocked for root. Just run the following commands and you will create a user that can login via ssh and has full sudo. sudo useradd -G sudo,ssh -s /bin/bash test555 sudo
  • CaCkO -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Sonarr won't start after watchtower.

It's not starting. in running containers there's no Sonarr. I have to Run image manually. luckily all settings are saved in config folder, but it's really annoying. Any idea?