Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MvL -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Thread
    Hi, I have nicely running Openmediavault, and I'm very pleased. I now want to move this install to a new SSD before I move this server to a DC. What is the best way to do this? Has Openmediavault some tools I'm not aware of?
  • MvL -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Permissions of files.

Thank you for your reply! I have fixed everything, and the server is running fine.
  • Falco -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Quote from KOENICH: “I have been using Clonezilla for Backups quite frequently (following this guide), whenever there was a bigger change to the system. Yesterday I installed a bunch of updates with the result that after a reboot (which I did for another…
  • Max76 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Remote Desktop problem.

Thread
    Since a few days I have a problem with remote desktop, from win10 i launch "Remote Desktop", it connects with my omv, it asks me to login, then i have only a blank window. I tried to uninstall and reinstall plugin. I don't know i it can helps but from…
  • BazzUK -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID6 8-drives keeps dropping discs - SOLVED.

Does matter switched to Feenas all is good.
  • NASNoob1 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Need help :( - Set correct permissions for Samba / nothing working.

Thread
    I formatted my data disk today and I copied all data back to it from my other disk. Until yesterday everything was working. I fooled around with permissions and ACL and absolute nothing worked. A real nightmare. I've set up my share and my samba again…
  • KOENICH -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Thanks for the reply. :) Anyhow, I am very much aware of that option as I used that to create the Clonezilla Backups. But as stated, I do not have access to the GUI of OMV anymore, nginx won't start. Thus I am unable to use that setting - this is why I'm…
  • lol duh.. ty
  • sam_scade -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Hi ryecoaaron and thanks to take time to help me (us) 1/- I can create (or I don't see if it must be created automaticly after remote mount connected) a share folder based on remot mount device 2/- nfs shares are in not nfsv4 (not checked in my remote…
  • poixil -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Connection refused.

Quote from macom: “You typed the IP address in the address bar of the browser, right? Are you sure you used the correct IP address? Have you checked which IP address has been assigned to your OMV server? Have you enabled SSL/TLS? Have you forced…
  • garyi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x No visual feedback on raid initialization.

Thread
    Hi. It used to be when you made a raid there would be a spinning ball thing or a percentage cannot remember which. Now when you create a raid it says to wait until the raid is initialised before creating a file system, however there is no visual…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

Quote from macom: “In SMV/Shares if you add an share you can create a new folder (press the "+"). So creating a share in SMB and the folder is just one step (if you do it this way). ” Now I'm feeling like an idiot ;)
  • raven66 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

Like (Post)
    In SMV/Shares if you add an share you can create a new folder (press the "+"). So creating a share in SMB and the folder is just one step (if you do it this way).
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

In SMV/Shares if you add an share you can create a new folder (press the "+"). So creating a share in SMB and the folder is just one step (if you do it this way).
  • raven66 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Best backup solution for OMV 4?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from raven66: “So, basically, if I boot my machine with Clonezilla Live USB and make an image of disk, then everything I have to do, is restore img to sda, right? This is what you mean by "easier"? ” Yes Quote from raven66: “So, correct me…
  • Falco -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 OMV is not loading from USB.

Quote from williamraj: “I'm trying to have OMV run from a usb stick on an old laptop to test things out. When it load I can successfully enter the boot menu to select USB, but the OS on th HDD always loads anyway. I created the usb stick with Etcher…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 OMV is not loading from USB.

Which ISO file are you using? This one should be the correct one: sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/4.1.3/ This ISO is not a life system, but is used to install OMV on a target drive.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 How to do lvm?.

Quote from raven66: “No, it was formatted and wiped by GParted even before I put my machine together, and then I wipe both of them with OMV GUI, just to be sure. ” A lot of wiping utilities don't remove the zfs signature though. That is why I asked.…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread My first "real" ;) NAS.

Hi macom. Actually, they are different. Both are 3TB in size, but one is brand new IronWolf, which I bought specifically for NAS, and the second one is old Barracuda (desktop drive), which is some yrs old, but it was laying in the drawer unused. And I'm…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best backup solution for OMV 4?.

Quote from raven66: “So, basically, if I boot my machine with Clonezilla Live USB and make an image of disk, then everything I have to do, is restore img to sda, right? This is what you mean by "easier"? ” Yes Quote from raven66: “So, correct me…