Recent Activities

• raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread omv-firstaid do not configure network on exit.

error is the same if I reboot and try omv-firstaid next time. error is the same for DHCP & for manual config. I'm desesperate. I do not understand why do not work and configure NIC HOW to configure NIC by hand eg: assing IP by DHCP?
  • baldy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NUT UPS Plugin - unable to configure the ups.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread SMB speed over LAN?.

Quote from Nozza: “Should I be expecting more? ” Sure. Look at the transfer rates of this inexpensive ARM toy running OMV4: hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-hc2-home-cloud-two/ Around 100 MB/s with Windows Explorer and Windows 10. How does your test setup…
  • baldy -

Replied to the thread SMB speed over LAN?.

SMB has always been flakey on transfer speed compared to NFS or FTP. Not just on Samba but on Windows itself. It's not even very consistent. The same file can run at different speeds when multiple tests are run. To benchmark your network first use…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x VMWare datastore on OMV.

Watch this video for basic setup - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Then enable nfs and create an nfs share. Add an nfs datastore in vCenter.
  • thecommguy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x VMWare datastore on OMV.

Thread
    I'm new to OMV and would like to use it for my shared datastore for VMware 6.0. I'm not seeing any how-to guides or videos on how to create and setup it up. Can anybody point me in the right direction? looking to use it for vMotion and possible Fault…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Restore OMV Backup.

Quote from Egleu: “I did not know that crontab has an automated script to upgrade packages at 4am everyday. ” It doesn't upgrade anything. It just runs apt-get update and downloads the packages. Nothing is installed. Quote from Egleu: “Everything…
  • Egleu -

Posted the thread Restore OMV Backup.

Thread
    I installed a script to automate my snapraid syncs and rather than use the gui scheduler I used crontab. I did not know that crontab has an automated script to upgrade packages at 4am everyday. Everything seems to be working on my machine except for the…
  • leonel873 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x unable to download the Home assistant docker : authentication required.

Hi! Thanks for the help and the advice TechnoDadLife! I changed the tittle and put my hardware on my profile description, but i will paste here too: Running OMV 4.1.16-19 on a Intel Atom 230 @ 1.60 GHz 2 GB RAM
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

Quote from rickyx: “I don't know what was wrong, ” Hmm. What is the output of: zgrep -iE "xts|aes" /proc/config.gz
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Ordered a 2GB NanoPi M4, the heatsink, and the sata hat.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread I need to run program with GUI 24/7 - what to use (VirtualBox maybe)?.

Quote from raven66: “Is this virtual OS behave the same way as bare metal OS? I mean, if I switch off my NAS and then switch it on again and restart my virtual Linux (or whatever), does it remember all the files, settings, etc. inside virtual…
  • gron -

Replied to the thread NET_ADMIN Problem with Letsencrypt and Nextcloud (Technodadlife Tut).

Thank you PWSteal, I made the mistake, too :)
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Fresh Debian Installation for OMV - Recommendation for partitioning?.

Do you mean you are virtualising OMV or you are using the virtual box OMV plugin? Edit: sorry just seen in your first post. The plugin. Hang on typing. Edit2: so if you only have 1 drive, ie your 240GB M2, it is not officially supported to have…
  • daNick73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Fresh Debian Installation for OMV - Recommendation for partitioning?.

thx. so, I understand there is no reason to move the VirtualBox VMs to a different partition, they can go on the same as OMV. Correct? Nico
  • youtu.be/pRt7UlQSB2g Today, we install Letsencrypt which let us to get free SSL certificates for our server. There was a change in the container, so I am doing an update. Plus, this container most people have the hardest time with, so I decided to do a
  • wbilger -

Replied to the thread Boot with no video card.

One short beep which is 'no keyboard' then that is it. With video card in, I get the one short beep, this is at the UIFE bios screen, then it loads the pci-e sata devices, then a a 2nd slightly longer beep at the American Megatrends screen, then loads…
  • ellnic -

It’s really down to personal preference. But if you’re in a position where you are asking, you’ll probably want a very simple partition setup without separating /home etc. So usually this will boil down to mostly root partition and some swap,…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread I need to run program with GUI 24/7 - what to use (VirtualBox maybe)?.

I'm sorry, but I'm not English native. Do you mean "Not really, a VM makes sense" = VM is good solution for me? OR "Not really VM makes sense" = VM is not good in this case? Also, Is this virtual OS behave the same way as bare metal OS? I mean, if I…
  • exyu74 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x MONITOR Hard Disk Drive Speed.

Like (Post)
    When I'm interested in such stuff I usually open a terminal and then do iostat 10 or if the storage is ZFS based zpool iostat 10 (10 is the interval in seconds, you might want to decrease this value to get more fine-grained numbers)