Recent Activities

• razvanrudy -

Liked henfri’s post in the thread Why should you use or not use dockers.

Like (Post)
    Quote from razvanrudy: “Hi all , so the question is why should I use dockers ? Is there any advantage ? ” Yes. It's like an App. All in one Package with no dependencies. Without Docker, you can have a situation that e.g. PLEX needs libssh > 1.3 and…
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Source Code (7 lines)wieder mal auto-read-only. wenn ich mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 ausführe: Source Code (7 lines)
  • Alexio -

Replied to the thread HDD issues, model n/a, Serial Number incorrect.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Alexio: “There's still hope Otherwise I'm buying a new HC1 to prevent future issues. ” Well good luck with it, certainly an odd one, not something I've seen before either. ” Thanks! With a fresh image on a…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread RSync quit after 40 minutes.

Quote from Adoby: “Sometimes (but admittedly rarely) it is a Bad Idea™ to copy stuff from EXT4 to NTFS. The differences in case sensitivity may in some special cases lead to a corrupt transfer, data loss and other errors. What happens when you try…
  • RudiSH -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OpenVPN - can't log in.

Thx, i tried the changes on my server. The Port 1194 is opened for TCP and UDP. In my openvpn-software i got the error: Sat Oct 20 21:44:24 2018 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity) Sat Oct
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk unmount after reboot.

Some drives have serious problems with hdparm. Try to disable ALL changes to Physical Disk Properties for the disk. (Disks -> Edit).
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread RSync quit after 40 minutes.

Sometimes (but admittedly rarely) it is a Bad Idea™ to copy stuff from EXT4 to NTFS. The differences in case sensitivity may in some special cases lead to a corrupt transfer, data loss and other errors. What happens when you try to just copy the files…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

@ananas: Du könntest hier vielleicht helfen.
  • macom -

Würdest du noch mal cat /proc/mdstat posten?
  • barney5 -

ja, genau. es wird mir nur das Laufwerk angezeigt auf dem OMV installiert ist. Mein Raid wird nicht angezeigt.
  • ananas -

Replied to the thread howto mount drives without loss of data (NOOB).

Hi, to get rid of the ZFS signatures, run: (1) wipefs -b -o 0xe8e0d3f000 -t noext4 /dev/sdb wipefs -b -o 0xe8e0c3f000 -t noext4 /dev/sdb1 (This will remove any signature BUT ext4 at the given offset on the given device) (2) After that run the…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Why should you use or not use dockers.

Quote from razvanrudy: “Hi all , so the question is why should I use dockers ? Is there any advantage ? ” Yes. It's like an App. All in one Package with no dependencies. Without Docker, you can have a situation that e.g. PLEX needs libssh > 1.3 and…
  • tobefond -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from tkaiser: “In the meantime the cute RK3399 based NanoPi NEO4 is available: friendlyarm.com/index.php?rout…ct&path=69&product_id=241 (please be aware that the low price is somewhat misleading since you need heatsink, the USB-C cable, PSU and…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -.

My Plex data folder /var/lib/plexmediaserver is around 19 GB. (Now unused.) My Emby data folder /var/lib/emby is around 1 GB. I have Emby store images and other metadata together with the media files. So it *might* be possible to keep the Emby data…
  • geaves -

No, follow this thread to confirm that this is the only way to remove that zfs signature on all of your drives have a look here
  • Joe_PS -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy.

Like (Post)
    As the USB Toshiba HDD is connected to the FritzBox I would search the FritzBox Documentation/Forum or Toshiba Documentation. Probably there is nothing that can be done from the NAS with OMV. Except of not reading from or writing to the HDD. Why do you…
  • Joe_PS -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy.

Thanks macom for your quick reply. I have used the Fritz!Box + ext. HDD as a NAS, which runs very reliable and stable. The OrangePi Zero Plus does only have an USB 2.0 port (with limited electrical power resources), but the Toshiba HDD is a USB 3.0 hard…
  • edterbak -

Hi, I have a backup now. Did: wipefs -n /dev/sdb Brainfuck Source Code (4 lines)wipefs -n /dev/sdb1 Brainfuck Source Code (6 lines)zfs list No datasets available Does this suggest there IS actually a zfs system with an ext4 inside?? (sounds insane…
  • dziekon -

Replied to the thread Why should you use or not use dockers.

Quote from raulfg3: “... plug-ins where deprecated for next OMV5 ... ” Can you provide a link to that deprecation notice? It's an important news for all plugin developers and I couldn't find any place where votdev states that plugins are "no-go" since…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy.

This might be interseting: forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.ph…394&viewfull=1#post284394 It mentions a software to configure the sleep mode of the HDD.