Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “TBH never heard of 'Catalytic' wood burners this site explains the functionality which by reading it improves the stoves efficiency, but the price on that site is a bit eye popping :) ” That's the genius behind the Englander design -…
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “Well,, I simply looked at a map, but you followed the route! I know exactly what to do now - thanks for the tips. ” I was just pleased to get it sorted, there is one quirky thing which I can't get my head around you get an…
  • flmaxey -

Well,, I simply looked at a map, but you followed the route! :) I know exactly what to do now - thanks for the tips. :thumbsup: Since we're talking about a near zero resources setup, I have an older B+ model I think I'll use for this. (The pi-hole folks say…
  • keribi560 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

I did forget to unmount the drives from the OMV 2xx before moving them to the OMV 4xx box,. I hope this is not a fatal mistake for the raid 5 array? It seems to have mounted in the OMV 4xx box fine. But OMV 4xx will not let me mount the single drive…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

Search the forums for "wipefs" and you will find some threads dealing with this issue.
  • vandog -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Info message comes up when I don't login.

Thread
    Hello I hope you can help. On my system runs OMV 4.1.13-1 with Docker 4.1 and Kernel 4.18.0-0 When start OMV and I don't login in, comes following massage. Source Code (6 lines)This message is only on the screen, in the log files I don't found…
  • Kotera -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update OMV update.

Oh.. I found now that time on my device was so wrong. I changed it manually now, and everything is working perfect again. Thank you :)
  • martinmedia -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

Thread
    Good afternoon, everyone, I have a question we currently have two locations. As far as I know it is possible to integrate several file systems into OMV. Now the question is: We have two locations file system A is at location A and file system B is at…
  • geaves -

Pi-Hole does work with DietPi :thumbsup: However, this will help you; Install OpenSSH from the dietpi-software menu by selecting the installed SSH, not the usual apt-get DietPi will boot using dhcp, but change this to static using dietpi-config -> do this
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Lost rights after upgrade from OMV 2 to OMV 3.

Upgrading to OMV3 changes the samba version. If you are trying to access via an old version of Windows, you might have this issue. What version of Windows are you using? Adding ntlm auth = yes to the extra options box in samba might fix it if you are…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from keribi560: “Is there problem with drives or file systems when moving to OMV 4x? ” I have seen issues where a previous zfs signature on the drive or array causes this issue.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid and file system config.

Quote from pippotv: “Wich filesystem is better to use for ssd SO install? ” If you use the OMV ISO, you don't get to pick the filesystem. It uses ext4. Quote from pippotv: “Is useful to use flash memory plugin for ssd install? ” It doesn't hurt…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update OMV update.

Did you try the apt clean button in omv-extras? Also make sure the time is set on your device.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error.

Quote from trohn_javolta: “How can I remove openmediavault? I want to reinstall it via armbian-config to get omv again with optimised settings. Like that: apt-get purge openmediavault apt-get autoremove ” Yes but I would use apt-get --purge autoremove. …
  • CaptainWhale -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cant access OMV via Hostname.

• Emal011 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Lost rights after upgrade from OMV 2 to OMV 3.

Thread
    Hello!, I didnt notice this "bug" but a couple of days ago, I tried to save some files to my share fodler. As usual, I logged in via SMB, everything ok, I created a folder and ok, but when I tried to save some files in this new Folder, I receive an…
  • Kotera -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update OMV update.

Thread
    Hello, I have problem with update. In GUI there is a lot of errors. When I login to ssh and run opt-update I got this: Source Code (95 lines)What I can do? I tried almost everything what I found on internet :/
  • trohn_javolta -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “OMV explicitly puts its configs in the /etc/php/7.0 directory. So, having the other packages on the system aren't the problem. The toolkit probably altered other files because it wants to configure a web server. I have no…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Maintenance Works: Migrating System and Data-Drives.

This is a great opportunity for you to test your backup system. Just pretend that the old drives died and restore to the new drives. What does it matter if you loose links to old paths? Just use the new paths. KISS! Install to the new system partition…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x error enabling docker in OMV extras repositories.

Quote from Joanetc: “Everythings works fine.. the system have upgrades normally.. only fails with the repositories of docker.. ” Have you installed OMV-Extras? I you have does that error occur when you go into OMV-Extras and enable the Docker CE repo?