Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apply config loop / failure - bonded network interfaces.

I can't reproduce this in the Vagrant box used for testing and delevoping (based on AMD64), so i am sure the problems coming from the image. I don't know how this image is build and which customizations are done to the Debian system, so i am out at this…
  • Ciccius -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apply config loop / failure - bonded network interfaces.

Quote from votdev: “First question, are you up-to-date with the updates? I really can't reproduce this, either i'm setting up a static and DHCP interface. Are you using any backport packages? Maybe dialog has been changed in a newer version? Note, OMV…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Quote from JimT: “I was hoping that in the event of a disk failure, the data would remain available ” It would, because in OMV's GUI the raid would show as clean -degraded but with Raid 5 the data would still be accessible. In software raid simply…
  • ness1602 -

Quote from JimT: “Quote from ness1602: “can you give us output of cat /proc/mdstat ? ” Source Code (6 lines)” mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0 /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd try that
  • MrYoshiii -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Slow copy speed.

Thread
    Hi since some days the transfer speeds are slower than normal. If i copy from my nas i get 90Mb/s If i copy to my nas i only get 40-50Mb/s a few months ago i get 110Mb/s no matter if i copyed from or to the nas. i hope someone can help me.
  • ogghi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Human memory issue, how was the setup done?.

• votdev -

Quote from Ciccius: “Quote from votdev: “Quote from Ciccius: “I also tried "omv-firstaid" to edit the network interface but got a nice error right after I choose option 1: ” Can not reproduce this issue :( ” How can I help you to debug this issue? Need…
  • JimT -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from JimT: “Is this the expected behavior? ” Sorry, I can't answer this since of course I do NOT use RAID-5 any more for a decade or even longer (single redundancy and large disks --> useless) IMO you should ask yourself…
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread Can I use it as a PC and nas?.

Quote from GTvert90: “So I have to reconfigure things and it got me thinking. I have this powerful nas just sitting there streaming Plex and syncthing for my seedbox. While I occasionally rip Blu-ray with my crappy laptop and manage all my files from…
  • JimT -

Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from JimT: “Is this the expected behavior? ” Sorry, I can't answer this since of course I do NOT use RAID-5 any more for a decade or even longer (single redundancy and large disks --> useless)IMO…
  • GTvert90 -

Posted the thread Can I use it as a PC and nas?.

Thread
    So I have to reconfigure things and it got me thinking. I have this powerful nas just sitting there streaming Plex and syncthing for my seedbox. While I occasionally rip Blu-ray with my crappy laptop and manage all my files from there. I have just…
  • JimT -

Quote from ness1602: “can you give us output of cat /proc/mdstat ? ” Source Code (6 lines)
  • geaves -

Quote from jollyrogr: “"Raid is not a backup. ” :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D
  • Muffkins90 -

Replied to the thread OVM NIC Bonding Questions/Troubles.

Quote from @tkaiser: “Well, then most probably there's the culprit. Sorry, no Windows expert here, I just used this feature once when the feature was pretty new (oops -- that's 6 years ago) and am since then waiting for it to appear in operating systems…
  • jollyrogr -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from JimT: “Is this the expected behavior? ” Sorry, I can't answer this since of course I do NOT use RAID-5 any more for a decade or even longer (single redundancy and large disks --> useless) IMO you should ask yourself…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Muffkins90: “when i type the get-smbmultichannelconnection into PowerShell it comes up with nothing at all ” Well, then most probably there's the culprit. Sorry, no Windows expert here, I just used this feature once when the feature was…
  • Ciccius -

Quote from votdev: “Quote from Ciccius: “I also tried "omv-firstaid" to edit the network interface but got a nice error right after I choose option 1: ” Can not reproduce this issue :( ” How can I help you to debug this issue? Need some log files? If…
  • Muffkins90 -

@tkaiser Howdy Sorry to bother you again. I have been having a fiddle since my last post and have picked my self up another dual port server NIC. The results with SMB multi channel have been a tad disappointing as i can not get two ports either send or…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

Quote from .H.: “a error on OMV ? ” No. Your network settings must be bad. Without seeing the settings, I really can't help.
  • votdev -

Can not reproduce the static ip issue except that i have to manually set the interface down to make 'systemctl restart networking' happy. But this seems to be a Debian problem that can't be solved by OMV. OMV5 is now using systemd for network…