Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tg626 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Cannot add Shared Folder using internal *SECOND* HDD.

Thread
    This is not the OS hard drive, but rather a 2nd HDD. It shows up as /dev/sdb1 in the "File Systems" page, but when I go to the "Shared Folders" page and attempt to "+ Add" folders on it as shared folders it doesn't appear in the drop down list next to…
  • FireFlower -

Liked Felix1220’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (testing) my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX.

Like (Post)
    Just want to introduce my NAS, I´ll make it short - english is not my language The Asrock MB was not the best choice I guess, really difficult to setup for me (not much experience with Linux) and I ran into a lot of troubles during setup, this Forum…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly.

Quote from matthias80: “That was the crucial clue. Many Thanks. "Existing Path" ...Have it changed only to mostly free space and behold, the data is written to the other disk. It does not matter whetherthe directories already exist or are newly…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread Kein zugrif auf web gui webinterface.

Hi Sind alle PCs im gleichen Netzwerk? Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
  • MichaelZ -

Replied to the thread Probleme bei der Einrichtung von OMV.

Quote from macom: “In den SSH Einstellungen im GUI von OMV muß die Anmeldung als root per SSH aktiviert werden. ” Das hat geholfen! :) Ich melde mich morgen Abend oder am Wochenende noch einmal, wenn weitere Probleme bei der EInrichtung des NAS…
  • matthias80 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly.

That was the crucial clue. Many Thanks. "Existing Path" ...Have it changed only to mostly free space and behold, the data is written to the other disk. It does not matter whetherthe directories already exist or are newly created.How is the…
  • iguana007 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Resolved Upgrade 1.x -> 2.x NAS in emergency mode after distro upgrade.

Issue has been resolved ... I reinstalled OMV, did whole setup again of all services and LVM2 and everything works fine.
  • mikebetz42 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Plex runing as a client.

Of course substitute the IP address of your server: 192.168.10.20:32400/web/index.html# or if you have it setup with SSL http://192.168.10.20:32443/web/index.html#
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds.

Quote from daveinfla: “I have the same issue, how did you fix it? ” The "fix" might involve looking for old ZFS entries in etc/mtab and removing them. Then it would be looking for the dead ZFS array name, pool and filesystem UUID's and for ZFS…
  • Fako86 -

ok. zurück zum problem. wie bekomme ich das webinterface an allen pc`s, also an meinen zum laufen?
  • sno0k -

It happens, because of the existing path addition in the policy. A created folder is initially saved on only one drive of your data pool (randomly on one of the drives with the most free space). Therefor your files will be only copied to the drive where…
  • matthias80 -

Ok, I`ll try it with more details. In addition to an SSD Drive for the OMV System, i have four HDDs in operation for Data Storage. /dev/sda 500 GB (Data) /dev/sdb 2 TB (Data) /dev/sdc 2 TB (Data /dev/sdd 120 GB (OMV System) /dev sde 4 TB (…
  • 2devnull -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Upgrading to Erasmus from Stoneburner - advice.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from 2devnull: “There is a great script out there that allows you to calculate the optimal blocksize (bs=) ” I have seen very little difference using anything bigger than bs=1M. So, I use it for everything. ” Give…
  • stratege1401 -

Posted the thread Resolved OMV 4.x (testing) Kernel message "DRDY" - my fix..

Thread
    After getting some DRDY error messages on my physical testbench: Source Code (7 lines)i fix them by deseabling the PCI IDE ONBOARD CHIP from my bios motherboard. It may help people ...
  • stratege1401 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Broken pipe -- what cause it ??.

Thread
    Hello, ( again )... On my physical testbench ( accessing from another computer with ssh on local 192.168.x.x and mydnsname.xxx ), i am experiencing multiples times a "broken pipe" error when trying to: - accessing drive with smart command from GUI -…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Upgrading to Erasmus from Stoneburner - advice.

Quote from 2devnull: “There is a great script out there that allows you to calculate the optimal blocksize (bs=) ” I have seen very little difference using anything bigger than bs=1M. So, I use it for everything.
  • macom -

Quote from Fako86: “oder kann ich etwas von der system m.2 ssd freigeben ” nö, aber FTP mit Filezilla oder WinSCP geht auch auf der Systemplatte ohne Freigabe; hilft dir aber wohl auch nicht weiter
  • Fako86 -

ne, wieso auf einmal? davor lief es ja. aber nachdem ich andere ausprobiert hatte und zurück zu omv bin geht es nicht mehr. irgendwo hab ich gelesen das es an der cach oder cookys liegen soll. aber das war es auch nicht. kann ja nicht sein das es von…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Resolved Duplicati, how to select source path.

Glad it is working. Are you using WebDAV to upload to cloud?
  • santheman -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Resolved Duplicati, how to select source path.

Thanks! :thumbsup: Was looking in the wrong folder X/ ......not used to linux/debian filesystems...