Recent Activities

• richprim -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x is plex working in omv4?.

Thread
    I am wondering if Plex is now working in OMV4? Last time I tried it, it created other problems. Rich Prim
  • Spartakus -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x omv 4 Plex installation.

Thread
    Hallo, ich versuche schon seit längerem Plex auf omv4 zu installieren, System wurde neu installiert und alle update durchgeführt. omvxtraorg 4 kann ich installieren. Sobald ich versuche Plex zu installieren kommt folgendes Bild und bleibt auch da…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

You need to provide more information. What types of "files"? How are the files updated? From where are the files updated? How are the files accessed? How are the sites connected? Why not just use a central cloud solution?
  • philbo -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x RAID 1 oder einzelne Festplatten.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, Hier im Forum habe ich jetzt schon mehrfach gelesen, dass empfohlen wurde, kein RAID 1 zu verwenden, sondern einzelne Platten zu verwenden und dann per copy Job die Daten kopieren zu lassen. Was wäre eure Empfehlung? Ich habe ein…
  • bart70 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x how to test a Hard Drive ?.

Thread
    Hi, Well, i was with a RAID, it failed , with help, i deleted it, and made a merge FS ... all was ok until i copy data back on it ... and then, the merge FS failed :/ So, i think i have a HDD who's diying but i can't find it... I got another volume…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Well unbound works and this is the output from the benckmark I've managed to test this because when I was testing previously my workstation has a static ip, with cloudflare as the dns, so changing…
  • trohn_javolta -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Yes but I would use apt-get --purge autoremove. Just don't assume armbian-config is going to magically fix this system. ” I installed docker and am currently switching all my stuff to docker containers. Then I will uninstall…
  • jgkurz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resize Ext4 FS button not working.

Thread
    Hello all, I am stuck and need some assistance. I recently increased the size of my disk from 11TB to 15.2TB. OMV 4.1.3 sees the disk at the correct size but I cannot get the Ext4 FS to resize. I have deleted all shares so nothing is referenced. When I…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from geaves: “TBH never heard of 'Catalytic' wood burners this site explains the functionality which by reading it improves the stoves efficiency, but the price on that site is a bit eye popping :) ” That's the genius behind the Englander design -…
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “Well,, I simply looked at a map, but you followed the route! I know exactly what to do now - thanks for the tips. ” I was just pleased to get it sorted, there is one quirky thing which I can't get my head around you get an…
  • flmaxey -

Well,, I simply looked at a map, but you followed the route! :) I know exactly what to do now - thanks for the tips. :thumbsup: Since we're talking about a near zero resources setup, I have an older B+ model I think I'll use for this. (The pi-hole folks say…
  • keribi560 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

I did forget to unmount the drives from the OMV 2xx before moving them to the OMV 4xx box,. I hope this is not a fatal mistake for the raid 5 array? It seems to have mounted in the OMV 4xx box fine. But OMV 4xx will not let me mount the single drive…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

Search the forums for "wipefs" and you will find some threads dealing with this issue.
  • vandog -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Info message comes up when I don't login.

Thread
    Hello I hope you can help. On my system runs OMV 4.1.13-1 with Docker 4.1 and Kernel 4.18.0-0 When start OMV and I don't login in, comes following massage. Source Code (6 lines)This message is only on the screen, in the log files I don't found…
  • Kotera -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update OMV update.

Oh.. I found now that time on my device was so wrong. I changed it manually now, and everything is working perfect again. Thank you :)
  • martinmedia -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

Thread
    Good afternoon, everyone, I have a question we currently have two locations. As far as I know it is possible to integrate several file systems into OMV. Now the question is: We have two locations file system A is at location A and file system B is at…
  • geaves -

Pi-Hole does work with DietPi :thumbsup: However, this will help you; Install OpenSSH from the dietpi-software menu by selecting the installed SSH, not the usual apt-get DietPi will boot using dhcp, but change this to static using dietpi-config -> do this
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Lost rights after upgrade from OMV 2 to OMV 3.

Upgrading to OMV3 changes the samba version. If you are trying to access via an old version of Windows, you might have this issue. What version of Windows are you using? Adding ntlm auth = yes to the extra options box in samba might fix it if you are…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from keribi560: “Is there problem with drives or file systems when moving to OMV 4x? ” I have seen issues where a previous zfs signature on the drive or array causes this issue.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid and file system config.

Quote from pippotv: “Wich filesystem is better to use for ssd SO install? ” If you use the OMV ISO, you don't get to pick the filesystem. It uses ext4. Quote from pippotv: “Is useful to use flash memory plugin for ssd install? ” It doesn't hurt…