Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Anfängerfrage Aktualisierungsverwaltung.

Re, die OMV-WebGUI führt auch nur ein "apt-get update" aus, und präsentiert das Ergebnis im Browser ... von daher ist es egal ob du die WebGUI benutzt oder die Commando-Zeile ... Updates sollten immer und recht zeitnah installiert werden, weil es…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Best update-strategy on OMV3?.

Re, Quote from MSc: “If you dont update, you doesnt have a stable system! ” Nope, that's not correct - but you have an unsecure and scruffy system. I assume @Chris1234 is a pure Windows user ... And ... under OMV exist no "automatic updates", OMV will…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for ROCK64 (and other RK3328 devices soon).

Quote from jata1: “have transferred data from my main Plex server to OMV/Rock64 - sustained write speed of 30MB/sec ” This is a horribly low transfer speed since at least 70 MB/s should be possible (when copying with Windows Explorer using Windows 7 or…
  • JSKershaw -

Replied to the thread Expand XFS Filesystem after adding a 5th Drive to RAID 5.

Thanks for your help. Just wanted to make sure I was headed down the right path. The FS has expanded without any issues. :)
  • tkaiser -

Quote from jata1: “Failed to fetch downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb/dists/./public/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages ” The fix is simple. You need to edit the respective file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d and replace 'deb…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x occasional EXT4-fs errors on attached (USB) drive.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “If EXT4 is not suitable ” Sorry for the confusion. I was especially talking about the situation with Raspberries above. EXT4 and XFS can be considered the two most robust filesystems available on Linux. But they both base on…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x occasional EXT4-fs errors on attached (USB) drive.

Quote from tkaiser: “You combine 'worst possible hardware' (a toy called Raspberry Pi) with a filesystem that's only suitable for situations without hardware issues ” @tkaiser I am using two external USB drives for backing up my ZFS pool via USBbackup…
  • jata1 -

@tkaiser - My rock64 has arrived and I have installed the OMV 3 / jessie (armhf) image created by ayufan. All up and running and have transferred data from my main Plex server to OMV/Rock64 - sustained write speed of 30MB/sec which is 3x better than my…
  • tkaiser -

You combine 'worst possible hardware' (a toy called Raspberry Pi) with a filesystem that's only suitable for situations without hardware issues. The average OMV user seems to love silent bit rot since otherwise at least btrfs would be used to be able to…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV won't boot.

Quote from z0rk: “Lifetime writes: 318 GB ” To quickly elaborate on that: that's what the filesystem knows. All flash media don't allow to directly overwrite data (they implement pages and 'erase blocks') so in reality if just a few bytes…
  • jata1 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x occasional EXT4-fs errors on attached (USB) drive.

Thread
    Hi all, I have recently started to see occasional errors on my USB hard drive connected to my RPi running OMV 3. Can anyone give me some advice on what they might relate to? Is the hard drive going or can I safely ignore them. I have SMART monitoring…
  • ShinobiX9X -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UrBackup Plugin not installing in version 3.0.89.

Hello, So i found my problem was "pi-hole" blocking the traffic. Everything works fine now.
  • Dropkick Murphy -

Replied to the thread OMV won't boot.

Quote: “Lifetime writes: 318 GB ” On a 8GB Stick? Alas, this item is really f*cked up... Get a new one and read [Tutorial][Experimental][Third-party Plugin available]Reducing OMV's disk writes, also to install it on USB flash Sorry
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread RAID Disappeared - need help to rebuild.

Re, Quote from brifletch: “I'm still getting the same error, even when adding the ending slash? ” Uhm ... just issue an ls -la /root to see what's going on in this dir, if there is a file called "20172417-raid-issue" (the line then starts with "-rwx"),…
  • brifletch -

Quote from brifletch: “Yes, I do have email notification ... I'd received emails about the pending sectors, but not to the effect of any failed disc. ” And that's because I only had the notifications for SMART events turned on :( . I have to go out for a…
  • brifletch -

Quote from Sc0rp: “Sorry that was my error, while fast typing ... add a slash on the end:cp -v /var/log/messages* /root/20171124-raid-issue/ After copying the files, you can do the search on this directory ... just change the path from "/var/log/" to…
  • Sc0rp -

Re, Quote from brifletch: “I'll do as you suggested with the logs (though the code you suggested is returning an error, currently: `/root/20171124-raid-issue' is not a directory), and give the reassembly a go. ” Sorry that was my error, while fast…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Cannot install openmediavault on raspian 9.

Quote from carriba: “You can donwload its image file and flash it into SD card. ” But it won't help him since he wants to use one of the two devices on the left while the above OMV installation image needs one of the two on the…
  • brifletch -

From reasonably positive to, really not positive at all ... Yes, I do have email notification ... I'd received emails about the pending sectors, but not to the effect of any failed disc. I'm using Seagate Barracuda 3TB discs (which I recently learned…
  • carriba -

Replied to the thread Cannot install openmediavault on raspian 9.

OMV 3 under Raspbian Jessie works for fine for the purposes you're describing here as an FTP server. You can donwload its image file and flash it into SD card. In my case also get the PlexMediaServer running fine. I have not tried the installation of