Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/arrHdrbKaEk Today, we will install Tautulli using docker to monitor our Plex watchinghabits. You need to have Plex installed to use this. Here is a video on how to do that: Plex Video For Raspberry Pi use this docker: lsioarmhf/tautulli
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid Mirror.

Hi again, I've deleted the module thanks and worked out why it would not save a job. I do not understand the N days bit and had not completed the information correctly. How do I get it to sync every day at 3 in the morning. I've done o for minutes 03 for…
  • flvinny521 -

Liked THALASTONE’s post in the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

Like (Post)
    I figured out what happened. When I set up the storage container as suggested by flvinny521, I didn't manually set the container paths. I assumed docker would get direct access to the host path. Well, that's wrong. The host paths are mounted inside…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rutorrent in docker.

Quote from elastic: “Thanks for taking the time to make such a thorough guide. Unfortunately I followed it and it does not work for me. It's still pointed at my OS disc and every time I restart the image, my settings change back to default in rutorrent…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread I have been so angry today cause of OMV.

Quote from flmaxey: “Testing a USB drive covers all that really matters in the above ” Of course not. And you even thought I would talk to someone else but you.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Back on OMV scene after 5 years.

I would install OMV 4 fresh. Upgrading from 0.5 would take forever since you can't skip versions and something would probably go wrong.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Currymunster: “Everything is copied back to sharedrive 1 and rsync is now installed. Is there any walkthrough's or manuals on rsync as I'm stuck. I've opened a module on sharedrive 2 but everytime i try and set up a job it does nothing when…
  • Currymunster -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Currymunster: “Also can I point out that my server is not being used as a backup. the data on it is the primary copy used and shared between 7 computers. ” Here is what I think you should do (obviously it is…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MD5 Hash for OMV 4 RPi ISO doesn't match readme.txt.

Quote from tkaiser: “Can you please remove the MD5 has from readme.txt? At least one in 10,000 RPi users checks for download integrity ” lol. It has been removed.
  • I've just done that and possibly failed even with this simple task! After I connected the device and the LAN cable, I powered it up. Ten second later I noticed the LAN cable was not holding inside and I pulled the cable to check if the clip is not…
  • samuelea -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Problem partition.

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from samuelea: “Hello, I ordered a 16gb usb 3.0 pedrive yesterday.For the cloning how can I do? ” There's a section in this (Regrets, the guide is only in English.) ” Thanks so much. Yes it is not a problem if the guide…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Move emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2?.

Quote from mrperfektone: “is it possible to move an installation physically on emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2 ” No since there's no eMMC slot on HC2.If you have the SD card adapter you can clone the eMMC to an SD card of course and use the SD card in…
  • mrperfektone -

Posted the thread Move emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2?.

Thread
    Hi, is it possible to move an installation physically on emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2 and keep it running steadily instead of reinstalling? Because I have an Omv4 installation on my odroidxu4 that drives subsonic / nextcloud and would be tired of having…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from samuelea: “Hello, I ordered a 16gb usb 3.0 pedrive yesterday.For the cloning how can I do? ” There's a section in this guide that covers cloning flash boot drives, and other backup topics. (Regrets, the guide is only in English.)
  • Quote from NickFi: “Perhaps as you said, it is very easy - insert the SD Card, plug the ethernet, turn on and then connect via SSH ” It's even easier since there's no need for SSH. Follow the readme.txt at the download page: 'insert the SD Card,…
  • bikepope -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Remove / delete file system.

Thread
    Hallo There still a file system show. But it's not existent any more. forum.openmediavault.org/index…5fdd9f64cc85c88f23582171e How can I get rid off it? Thanks
  • In my case, the NAS will be connected to the network. My router (which has four ethernet ports and one to be allocated to the NAS) is located in a room where I have no monitor, keyboard or mouse. To my regret, I am not able to bring a LAN cable in the…
  • samuelea -

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from samuelea: “For the time being big problems, I have not had any, we hope it will be so forever. ” If you use a USB drive for the boot drive, you'll find that they're very easy to clone. When your server is fully…
  • Quote from NickFi: “forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/18991 (OMV 3) ” The first post links to New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images (no idea why the screenshots disappeared and now are just clickable links). But once you let OMV be installed…