Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• antipiot -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt problem.

Quote from Pentothal: “thank you, I'm learning so many things, we hope to remember them for the futureI would like to change the ports but I am afraid to work on it the Nextcloud container in the docker assigns port 433 by default, it is not possible…
  • mattlim9427 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Docker Won't Start.

I encountered this too. Then I ssh to my OMV and check the docker status. Turned out it wasn't running. Source Code (40 lines) Then I start the docker and it's working: Source Code (26 lines)Hope it helps!
  • chrisfoose -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x New Router & Modem, now Windows 10 can not detect shares, Pi NAS.

Thread
    Hi everyone, Spectrum came by and replaced the router and modem meaning that the network is fresh. I re-burned the OMV software onto a MicroSD card. I have OMV 3.x running. My Android tablets detect the Windows shares without any major problems. …
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installation on NanoPC T4.

Quote from extnction: “I have to use Ethernet cable and then find it's IP and do the nand-sata-install from web interface or ssh ” Exactly but these days there shouldn't be a need to 'find it's IP' since usually those Internet access routers…
  • Gandalf1203 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read floppies directly from OMV.

I get what you're trying to do, and I know it's not what you asked... but this makes absolutely zero sense to me. A 16gig flash drive (which can be had cheap).. is the equivalent of over 11k floppy disks. Wouldn't it make more sense to move your data…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Quote from akurzawa: “OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. I was…
  • extnction -

> Write image in a single step using Etcher etcher.io to SD card. The image can be transferred in a second step to permanently attached eMMC, USB or SATA storage using included nand-sata-install tool. I burned that image with etcher on the sd card, but…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from extnction: “I found the official image in the download section ” So why not simply following the readme there and burn the image with Etcher (confirmed to work -- I have no idea whether anything will be displayed on a connected display since I…
  • akurzawa -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. I was planning to put OMV on…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from esbeeb: “I tried a stock Armbian install (using their current version which is a little newer than yours, with a bit newer kernel), and so far I haven't had any disk errors again, when I copy files in and out of my disk on that troublesome…
  • topi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rsnapshot plugin pre and post execution scripts?.

Thanks ryecoaaron for the clarification. May I ask for placing a feature request for this feature: add the possibility to configure pre and post execution scripts (cmd_postexec and cmd_preexec) in the rsnapshot plugin? Perhaps this feature is also of…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting.

Assuming your hardware is good.. Did you check the ISO's integrity? How did you write the ISO to the USB? Assuming that checks out.. I'd try installing Debian 9 from the official netinst iso, make sure the system is up to date, then install OMV on top…
  • esbeeb -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “If data corruption happened then btrfs will tell you. You can't make data corruption go away by switching to a more primitive filesystem like ext4 that does no integrity checking. ” Yes, I've decided to go back to btrfs for that…
  • esbeeb -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Like (Post)
    Quote from esbeeb: “I'm using SMB3.11, I got this by running the "smbstatus" command ” You do not get the SMB version/dialect this way since client and server negotiate this dynamically. But since you haven't changed settings at least you're not…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid 10 fails every time (2 devices fail).

Quote from mawyman2316: “Upon creating the raid it never seems to finish resyncing and upon creating a file system the first 2 drives will fail and the raid will become (clean, degraded). ” First, the array must finish the initial sync before putting a…
  • itsmyst -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x My docker died.

Thread
    Hello, No idea what happened. None of my docker containers were running when I tried to connect to them only to notice that in OMV's dashboard docker is enabled but not running. Tried restarting the server but it's still dead. OMV throws a bunch of…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “When you su to root, you need to do su - to include the environment variables and paths. ” I've done the script install before and it didn't require su - but that was then and this is now. I verified the variables and paths…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “dpkg -i (above) still didn't work. It wouldn't install with a note about two files not being in the path or executable. ” When you su to root, you need to do su - to include the environment variables and paths. Doesn't matter…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “wget packages.openmediavault.org/pu…vault-keyring_1.0_all.deb dpkg -i openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.deb ” While the first command pulled the keyring: dpkg -i (above) still didn't work. It wouldn't install with a note about two…