Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• robster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x What if my OMV install fails. Will I lose all my data?.

Thread
    Hi all, I have 4 x drives setup into 2 x RAID 1 arrays. I also have a small USB stick drive that OMV is booting from. I'm using a HP Proliant server. If that little USB stick drive dies, will I lose all access to the data or will I be able to…
  • soerenderfor -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from soerenderfor: “Nothing on the screen if i connect to the tinker board. ” Thanks for the report. Last try: I created another OMV image, this time with mainline (Armbian next branch) instead of Rockchip's 4.4 LTS…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4.

While this may not help, here's a question; are you building OMV on the SD-card, with the 4 drives inserted,, or are you plugging the drives in after the build is complete? Looking at another angle, have you looked at the BIOS settings of what must be…
  • soerenderfor -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from soerenderfor: “Nothing on the screen if i connect to the tinker board. ” Thanks for the report. Last try: I created another OMV image, this time with mainline (Armbian next branch) instead of Rockchip's 4.4 LTS…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How can I Mirror a Drive Without RAID.

Quote from macom: “\---\ I never managed to get a notification for a finished rsync job. Is this actually working for you? ” Yeah - it works for me. Here's an E-mail example: (There's no files list because the disks are up to date. Otherwise, it…
  • David B -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MySQL Cron Job Error.

Like (Post)
    Quote from David B: “Out of curiosity, have you found a solution to this? ” Nope, I have been sitting on a beach for the last week :)
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Quote from tkaiser: “Better remove the link since my last OMV 3 image for RPi is also the first that will boot on a RPi 3B+ (that's due to the fact those Raspberry Pi are no normal ARM SBC but proprietary VideoCore SBC with some lousy integrated ARM…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Unable to connect.

Like (Post)
    Since your Gentoo box didn't find the share(s), something might be wrong with your shared folder or SMB share. **And note there are numerous guides out there that skip relevant details. Between what they say to do and what you may have done, at best,…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Replied to the thread Unable to connect.

Thanks mate, your response is much appreciated. I'll give that a look tomorrow since I'm extremely hung over today. I do think you're correct, I'm pretty sure the shared folder is giving me the error. I'll update this thread once I figure out the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex.

Quote from GTvert90: “DIdn't work. Still have to change permission on the file to give others read access ” Then the files aren't owned by the users group. You should add the plex user to whatever group owns the files.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

I guess I will have to find an rpi. Quote from cskrat: “This is... ugly but seems to have worked. ” That is fine too. You are just overriding the pinning by specifying all the dependencies.
  • utamav -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to restore from backup.

Like (Post)
    Quote from utamav: “I don't see fsarchive on OMV 4.x. After installing the extra's for OMV 4.x, I only see OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11. I am missing anything? I am planning to setting up a new server and want to be plan it better than my current setup.…
  • GTvert90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “sudo usermod -a -G users plex should work ” DIdn't work. Still have to change permission on the file to give others read access
  • jcd -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Encrypted Backup.

It isn't that hard to build a own script! I wanted to backup my data to a overlay filesystem (mergerfs), but that didn't work with the USB Backup plugin. So I had to build something on my own. (Backup to multiple disks) You would have to: 1) create…
  • bbddpp -

Replied to the thread Sonarr And NZBGet Stopped Talking - JSonRPC ReceiveFailure.

Still having this issue, bumping in case anyone else is as well. Radarr is fine. Sonarr running in a docker on openmediavault, even after updating the docker container, is throwing jsonrpc errors trying to reach NZBGet. Radarr with the same settings is…
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Folder Permissions.

It seems to have fixed its self after a reboot and now all updates are done and finished. back to the folders and I still need to see the videos.
  • antipiot -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Errors were encountered while processing: openmediavault-sickbeard.

Hello! Thanks for your relply: In the meantime: fixed it using: Source Code (3 lines)
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Folder Permissions.

That worked a treat but threw up another fault. invalid rpc - error report below. Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186Stack trace:#0…
  • cskrat -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

This is... ugly but seems to have worked. apt-get install php7.0-common=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 openmediavault openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-netatalk openmediavault-omvextrasorg php-bcmath php-cgi php-fpm php-mbstring php-pam php-xml
  • Eryan -

Replied to the thread Openvpn as server and client.

Quote from subzero79: “Yes. Just place the client config file at /etc/openvpn folder. ” My apologies for bringing back this thread from the dead, but I am facing a similar scenario but I am not sure that I follow your idea. First, when you refer to…