Recent Activities

• geaves -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Like (Post)
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread Backup a live system.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Update failing ON fresh install of 4.1.

If you are using static ip, try to add the IP of your router in the dns server field. But seems that this does not work in some cases. Then you need to add another DNS to that field.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x festplatten lassen sich nicht einbinden. wer kann Helfen.

Versuch mal, die Platte mit "wipe" im GUI zu löschen und dann das Dateisystem zu erzeugen.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to get deleted files in SMB/CIFS.

Might be the .recycle folder is created only when the first file is deleted. If it is not working, you might try to add vfs objects = recycle to the extra options of the service or the share. samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/vfs_recycle.8.html
  • Peter Cool_Bln -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x festplatten lassen sich nicht einbinden. wer kann Helfen.

Thread
    Hallo Gemeinde, nach dem mein ich jetzt mein OVM4 auf meinem Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R mit einem kleinen intel E6600 2,4GHz und 8GB Ram instaliert hab hab ich volgendes Problem. Ich habe 8 Sata Platten verbaut,1 SSD (/dev/dsg ) als System Platte, 3 x2Tb WD…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x delete old "Shared Folder".

The resetperms plugin has a tool to check which service is using which share.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update OMV GUI does not show updates.

dist-upgrade is available in omv-extras. And then there is omv-update from the CLI
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Mount /dev/md0 and write to it?.

Quote from vladd: “I would boot my box from an usb drive with clonezilla(omv is not running at that moment) clone the ssd to somewere on /dev/md0 ” If you have omv-extras installed, there is an option to download clonezilla and to tell omv to boot…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Quote from bvrulez: “Yes, cloning my USB would be easy. But I want to put my original SSD back in (that had a broken OMV on it). ” You could clone the usb to the ssd then use gparted to extend the partition, I use usb and extended the partition, now…
  • michelefaccini -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Apache.

Thread
    Hi all, I'm hosting my website with Nginx server and MySQL installed on a Raspberry pi 3B+; my OMV is version 4. Because some scripts run only on apache server, I need to install apache but I saw that there is no Docker arm container for apache. What do…
  • KM0201 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Update OMV GUI does not show updates.

Like (Post)
    It is a bit confusing. apt-get update will read your sources list. So you will see some output in the window, but it will not install any newer versions of software. apt-get upgrade will install newer versions of software, if available. In the GUI of…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from macom: “It is a bit confusing. apt-get update will read your sources list. So you will see some output in the window, but it will not install any newer versions of software. apt-get upgrade will install newer versions of software, if…
  • macom -

It is a bit confusing. apt-get update will read your sources list. So you will see some output in the window, but it will not install any newer versions of software. apt-get upgrade will install newer versions of software, if available. In the GUI of…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Root fs backup on reboot / dual boot SD card.

Quote from Adoby: “The only problem being that I so far have managed to stay very ignorant about the details of using the btrfs COW snapshot features. ” Have a look at snapper. I use it on my HC-2. Snapshots are created automatically before and after…
  • bvrulez -

Yes, cloning my USB would be easy. But I want to put my original SSD back in (that had a broken OMV on it). Also, the SSD is larger and I don't want to put the small image of the USB onto the SSD. Finally, I want to try to do it with the GUI since I now…
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OpenVPN-AS Docker Container Fails to Start with Script Permission Denied Errors.

That did the trick. Many thanks. Now to figure out how to configure it again. It's been a while since I last used it. Little different then the plugin that I been previously running. Thanks again.
  • dazz -

Posted the thread Consume audio files locally via RSS.

Thread
    I am interested in serving some audio files I have on omv to my lan via RSS. Basically I'd like to be able to subscribe to a locally served RSS feed and download the files listed on the RSS over http. So for instance I'd subscribe to
  • chclark -

Replied to the thread SATA card.

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from chclark: “yes that was the worry with the cables ” Again, if the drives ares stacked in groups of 4 (or more), no problem. I've be worried in any other arrangement. Builds are not hard, but thorough research is…