Recent Activities

• elizabethdawson90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Expanding JBOD.

I've already came across this topic somewhere and I have strong concerns about the security in this case. Elizabeth Dawson custom writing service
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

In all honesty I never thought to check the software db for an installer, well you live and learn. Anyway who does RTFM :?: Pi-hole uninstall -> well that didn't work! it hung and I left for 30 mins and pulled the plug, (if in doubt use the big red…
  • woeful -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!).

Hi, I'd signed up to get some help with a similar issue. The advice in this thread allowed me to figure it out and fix it. Thank you liquid7 and LegerD. :) How my issue was different was that my installation went ok. The usb stick to which I'd…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Docker Plugin.

New post with debug info awaiting mod approval.
  • woeful -

Liked liquid7’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!).

Like (Post)
    Quote from liquid7: “Quote from Blubmann: “I boot in live linux und change the mount point from sda1 to sde1 in my case. But I think the best practice is to use the uuid, because this is unique” Thanks, I'll try this. Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS…
  • woeful -

Liked LegerD’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!).

Like (Post)
    Quote from utamav: “I have the same problem. I was able to boot into OMV, but I want to change the boot point from /dev/sdx to UUID. Can anyone guide me on how to do it? ” After a plain fresh 4.x installation on a single SSD machine with an USB stick…
  • lordabura -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Restart daemons / Reinicio de servicios.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It is possible to do this with samba (reload the config instead of restarting the service) but OMV can't do it. ” Sorry for the question, but I could recommend some operating system Similar to OMV that does not need a restart…
  • Elochai -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card.

Quote from gderf: “I use this one. amazon.com/gp/product/B009YDO0…age_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ” when I look it up for here in Canada, it’s over $60.
  • onluigi -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 openmediavault-fail2ban first version now available for testing.

hi, i can't view fail2ban plugin , already repo-test activate, why?
  • Alexeon -

Replied to the thread Filesystem and data disappreared.

• Gandalf1203 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

Quote from votdev: “Sorry, can't reproduce this error and it seems you're the only one having this issue. The problem is that based on your information all files are copied to the correct directories during the package update, so i'm really out of…
  • dan0sz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved apt-get remove python3 deleted OMV! Need help re-installing.

Ok, so while running omv-engined -df I was able to login. No notice worthy errors in the terminal, btw. The only plugin's I had installed where the OMV Extra's repo, Docker and Let's Encrypt. And although they're still running in the background (I'm able…
  • dan0sz -

Replied to the thread Filesystem and data disappreared.

Is the drive formatted in a filesystem that is writable by Debian distro's?
  • dan0sz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved apt-get remove python3 deleted OMV! Need help re-installing.

Thanks, @macom! I ran apt-get install openmediavault and omv-sysinit afterwards. The login panel is reachable again, but now when I try to login I get the following error: Source Code (10 lines)(I tried to login using the credentials I set myself and…
  • uvby -

Replied to the thread update check.

I checked it, used on my own, and used ntc server, its the same :(
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

I did not follow too much the docker issues but on my PI (yes I am still using it at leat for pihole) I noticed some docker updates, I wrongly assumed since they were there It was probably ok to upgrade and got the api-port error with those, and I had to…
  • Jeffrey Pascoe -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

Thanks for the reply. If there are better options than a drobo, I like to hear a few recommendations that work well with OMV as I am all ears at the moment. Cheers
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Computer won't connect.

Take a look at this guide. Start with a new shared folder on page 46. (Follow the example as it is.) When it's complete, cross check your server short cut, and make sure it's setup according to the Win10 How-To. (Note: The IP address you enter in…
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

The Drobo's are terrible in terms of performance. Having used one of the "big brand" NASes for a few years, I'm much happier with OMV, as there are constant updates, something you don't get from the big brands, instead they bundles the updates and…