Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggest MicroSD card size for Raspberry Pi 3 installation.

I use 16GB with my R-PI (no dockers, a basic file server) and 32GB USB for my main server (dockers and running ZFS). I agree with @gderf. 16GB is enough and is a reasonable size to work with, for creating image files and writing clones of the boot…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggest MicroSD card size for Raspberry Pi 3 installation.

I run on a 16GB SSD and it's more than enough. But 8GB would be a bit small for me. Just don't put Plex's Database Library or any Dockers on it - those can go on your data drive instead.
  • Earththing -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggest MicroSD card size for Raspberry Pi 3 installation.

Thread
    I am planning on Installing OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3, installing several plug-ins including Plex. What is a good size? What NEEDS to run on the MicroSD and what is recommended to run from the MicroSD? I have a spare 32gb card, is it a waste to use that,…
  • f15h -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x How can I install LibreSonic?.

There are some pretty good instructions libresonic.github.io/docs/install/war/
  • clickwir -

Replied to the thread Can mount btrfs file system, cannot unmount.

So poking around in there I see 3 things referencing the filesystem in question. Not sure what I should do with them though. Source Code (30 lines)
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Raid + Nginx + NodeJs fails while running "npm install".

Quote from Sunday: “Is it save to add this "exec"? Why issn't "exec" already added there? Will it be removed on some kind of dist upgrade or config change? When is the /etc/fstab updated normally by OMV? Is there any other way to set "exec" using the…
  • deluxecat -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Working off my list, post 98, here's #2: SD speed. And its a 4-parter. There's 3 sets of extra slow defaults, which are from upstream (so not the fault of OMV at all). 1 Defaults for the cpu governor aren't relevant for the Pi; so, cpu is mostly stuck…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved avahi-daemon necessary?.

Never seen this. How did you reach to that conclusion ?
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Cloud backup/storage solution for my OMV drive.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) openmediavault-letsencrypt.

Quote from krutojmax: “Using the webroot path / for all unmatched domains. ” This is wrong. Did you add any domains and their correct web root (hint - webroot will not be / )?
  • krutojmax -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) openmediavault-letsencrypt.

I have problems to generate my certificate. Source Code (13 lines)With the olde version I have no problems but with the new one i can't generate a cert. What can I do / test? :)
  • Joe_PS -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Like (Post)
    Since powering off forces a (dirty) unmount and powering on, after OMV is running, requires a mount: You might want to look at this thread. Here's an external link to installing usbmount on the command line. It includes a few lines on the filesystems…
  • Joe_PS -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Joe_PS: “But I'd like to learn how 'tolerant' OMV (based on armbian) is, if the HDD is powered off. ” You might experience filesystem corruption which is something I would try to avoid at all. Few facts: - OPi Zero Plus has 4 fully…
  • dieter12 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x.

• flmaxey -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Joe_PS: “But I'd like to learn how 'tolerant' OMV (based on armbian) is, if the HDD is powered off. ” You might experience filesystem corruption which is something I would try to avoid at all. Few facts: - OPi Zero Plus has 4 fully…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

• jaydee99 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Poor NFS performance.

Had exactly the same problem when accessing OMV4 NFS shares from OSX clients, very slow read/writes, that's why i came back to OMV3...
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Since powering off forces a (dirty) unmount and powering on, after OMV is running, requires a mount: You might want to look at this thread. Here's an external link to installing usbmount on the command line. It includes a few lines on the filesystems…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Problem with installing OMV 3.x on Armbian (BananaPi M1).

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “simply choose the right image and you're done. ” I can never remember which versions of the BPi work with which images unless their names match. ” No worries. These Bananas are named so stupidly. I…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Cloud backup/storage solution for my OMV drive.

Backblaze B2 (the B2 is the important part; e.g. Duplicati is able to backup to B2) pCloud (possible to backup using WebDAV)