Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Execution failed Service nginx.

Quote from mrperfektone: “these "error" mail are some that have arrived either after I ran the command you gave me / or update that I made on the box ” Most probably they're the result of a crash (unsafe shutdown). Quote from mrperfektone: “It's…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The only real problem is that logs may or may not be working for some services. This usually doesn't affect functionality except in the nginx case I guess. ” In fact those services are affected with OMV:
  • tkaiser -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

Like (Post)
    Quote from tkaiser: “Thank you for the report. Since it boots everything's ok and it can replace the older variant at SF. ” I'll upload it after fixing the fallout from IBM's wonderful SAN...
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

Quote from tkaiser: “Thank you for the report. Since it boots everything's ok and it can replace the older variant at SF. ” I'll upload it after fixing the fallout from IBM's wonderful SAN...
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from mrperfektone: “And no, I have had email notification for the last 3 months and these "error" mail are some that have arrived either after I ran the command you gave me / or update that I made on the box. I am very pleased with openmediavault…
  • Twinstar1337 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV SMB/CIFS Zugriff von Windows 10 funktioniert nicht mehr.

Quote from macom: “In the file explorer in windows, I select "Network". When I then enter \\name_of_my_NAS in the title bar, I can see the SMB shares on the NAS. ” I finnally got it, I rebooted all my PCs, Routers and my NAS. Then I tried again…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex.

Quote from GTvert90: “It still doesn't work unless I do 644 or 640 for permissions. ” If the permissions were 600, that would make sense. Quote from GTvert90: “Do I need to reboot or reset permissions after adding plex to users? ” Yes in order…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

Quote from iamaburrama: “Quote from gderf: “What is the exact name of the Transmission docker you are using? ” linuxserver/transmission ” linuxserver/transmission is for x86 hardware platforms, not your Pi. Delete the image you pulled and use…
  • Twinstar1337 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x OMV SMB/CIFS Zugriff von Windows 10 funktioniert nicht mehr.

Like (Post)
    In the file explorer in windows, I select "Network". When I then enter \\name_of_my_NAS in the title bar, I can see the SMB shares on the NAS. Another possiblibilty would be to map a network drive.
  • raulfg3 -

error: docker create -v "/sharedfolders/config" probably docker do not have permission to create folder. Do you create user & group docker and use inside the docker using PUID & PGID variables?.
  • GTvert90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from GTvert90: “DIdn't work. Still have to change permission on the file to give others read access ” Then the files aren't owned by the users group. You should add the plex user to whatever group owns the…
  • iamaburrama -

Quote from gderf: “What is the exact name of the Transmission docker you are using? ” linuxserver/transmission
  • msn -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread My first NAS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DarkKnightII: “it is not a cabling problem or a contact issue, I guess I am in the wrong place as i can see you do not want to help or are not open minded enough to help. I must have said something to offend someone. These are all basic…
  • msn -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread My first NAS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DarkKnightII: “your reply is ambiguous and misleading ” Try to learn to live with it. You had cable/contact issues. If that would have happened with one of your other disks you would not created the theory that OMV can not cope with 4GB…
  • mrperfektone -

Give me a reasonable explanation of why you think I should turn off email notification from? - It was email notification that told me that my openmediavault interface did not work ... And no, I have had email notification for the last 3 months and these…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from mrperfektone: “After I ran the command ... I get the following error on mail ” I don't believe so. Sounds you activated for whatever reasons mail notifications recently and now you get mails that scare you (like the totally irrelevant…
  • mrperfektone -

After I ran the command: 1. echo -e '#!/bin/sh\n/sbin/folder2ram -syncall >/dev/null 2>&1' >/etc/cron.daily/folder2ram 2. chmod 755 /etc/cron.daily/folder2ram Do I get the following error on mail: touch: cannot touch '/var/log/cron-apt/log': No such…
  • Had the same problem then I found this error in /var/log/openvpn.log Source Code (2 lines) so I did this in SSH and it works now. Shell-Script (1 line)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x RAID5 on raspberry with USB drives.

Quote from kuschi: “I have successfully configured ” Sorry for being not clear enough. I'm not talking about OMV or anything wrt software/settings at all. Just that some SBC are simply not sufficient to do RAID with them (or attach any storage at…