Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spidertech500 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Openmediavault-ups 3.2.7 error.

Hi there, I encountered this issue (I'm a noob) and I'd like to document how I solved this for anyone that stumbles upon this in the future. Here's what I did: First I stopped the services I thought were relevant. I used the instructions from here:
  • jata1 -

Replied to the thread OMV for ROCK64 (and other RK3328 devices soon).

I think it is the hard drive in my mac or my 8 yr old apple airport that is the limiting factor. airport is dying but thought the network/Lan would be ok. I'll do a test from my SSD (boot drive on mac to the rock and report back). Yep - need a new…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.2 Moved from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware, plugged it in but not working.

Quote from caorama: “I plugged it into the wifi router I got here ” If you have bought a new router in Australia and your OMV Nas was configured for DHCP earlier, I also think that the NAS has now a different IP address - as @tkaiserr has written…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Implementation note: If you turn on the routing function of the second router, it might be smart enough to know about the need to use two different networks on the LAN and WAN sides. Since the modem/router has set the network on the WAN side side of…
  • Brunal -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rsync not working and I am all out of ideas.

I also have to add that the distant server can run the rsync command.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

What's the make and model of the router behind the modem? It occurred to me that if you have it set up as an access point, the extended routing functions might simply disappear from the config screen. (DNS, DHCP, and others.) As a note, you can have a…
  • bunnies -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x OMV 3 to OMV 4 already OK?.

Like (Post)
    Stay on OMV3 until OMV4 is stable.
  • Brunal -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rsync not working and I am all out of ideas.

Hi, I'm following up this thread as I have the same kind of problem. I have a remote server (shared server) that I can only access through FTP or SSH. I want to pull data from that server and write them on my OMV machine. When I loggin with a terminal on…
  • pcon -

Liked tekkb’s post in the thread How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer.

Like (Post)
    Now the media share is setup and should be showing on your Windows Network. This last part applies to Windows machines. If someone wants to add information for other operating systems they can do that. 8 ) Before you get on your Windows machine make…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.2 Moved from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware, plugged it in but not working.

Quote from caorama: “my laptop sees the openmediavault - AFP and SMB/CIFS but nothing else. ” Both Samba and Netatalk do 'service propagaton' so everything is ok, your server has just got a different IP address. If you can login locally check output…
  • caorama -

Posted the thread OMV 0.2 Moved from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware, plugged it in but not working.

Thread
    Hi All, I would need your kind help. I relocated from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware (took the HDD's with me on the plane). Once the my HP Mini server arrived in a shipping container full of stuff I plugged it in and it is working, but not…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x USB backup unmount external drive..

Quote from cabrio_leo: “The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not mounted. ” Oh, sorry for the confusion.
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x USB backup unmount external drive..

Quote from macom: “but you still have to mount it to be able to setup the USB Plugin jobs. ” That´s not mandatory. The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not mounted. But they must be…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Network Saturation Spikes - what's going on here?.

Quote from McDuff: “how did it get compromised? ” I was just kidding. Without some investigation it's impossible to tell. But according to iftop there's a lot of data going out. To check individual hosts eg. the one above this is suitable: Source…
  • McDuff -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Network Saturation Spikes - what's going on here?.

OK. That sucks. How can I prevent that in the future? It's almost a straight out of the box install, I've not installed anything except plugins, how did it get compromised?
  • ShinobiX9X -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x usbbackup no beep.

Yes i know. i replugged the usb, there was no beep, after a while i took out the usb to check, (there were just to 2GB ISO on it as a test), the files were copied to usb. But there were no beeps. I tried : echo -e "\a" via ssh and on the terminal…
  • McDuff -

See here for eg. That IP address comes back as destination unreachable when I ping it. But it's a different IP each time. forum.openmediavault.org/index…e30a59ef9a9e7f53a2365df6a
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Best update-strategy on OMV3?.

Re, OT Quote from tkaiser: “(I mute email notifications and prefer monitoring through other channels, OMV's SNMP implementation for example is quite capable!) ” I got no time for my BPi-R1 to get this working as an "LAN-manager" :( - i would use SNMP too,…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Can't login via CLI.

On the computer you have isntalled OMV on, you can only use the CLI. There is no desktop environment installed on OMV. user: root pwd: the one you provided during installation
  • tkaiser -

Quote from McDuff: “That doesn't really tell me anything ” Then you should prepare for the worst: your OMV server is part of a botnet performing DDOS attacks. It needs to be set up from scratch immediately! ;) Seriously: check what services are installed…