Recent Activities

• Pentothal -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x unable to access the web GUI.

Thread
    Hi guys I can not access OMV from the webgui, the ports do not seem to work I tried with OMV-FIRSTAID "configure network interface" and "configure web control panel" in both cases I receive this error: Source Code (1 line)
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Budget build under 215$.

• Galeots -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install Intel 9560 WiFi driver.

how do I integrate the command driver? Quote from gderf: “Have you been here yet: intel.com/content/www/us/en/su…/wireless-networking.html
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install Intel 9560 WiFi driver.

Posted the thread OMV 4.x install Intel 9560 WiFi driver.

Thread
    I can not make the wi-fi work. Would you give me a hand to install the drivers and configure !? Thank you
  • dertourist48 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Extending storage. Raid 1 to raid 5.

Thread
    I have 2x4 TB HDDs and would now like to extend to a third HDD. Right now I have configured a raid 1. Can I just add a hdd and convert the raid 1 to a raid 5 automatically ?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from silk186: “I don't have experience working with any type of RAID. ” Another reason to create regular backups of your data :) ” ... and a very good reason not to use RAID. Besides, with RAID you may risk loosing all data…
  • @tkaiser i've read your posts about helios4 last year and got very exited about it, although it was not possible to order it until today (shop.kobol.io/collections/frontpage). Few Questions are left: - I want to import the Kit to Germany - do you have…
  • sirleon -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Setup Helios 4.

Like (Post)
    Quote from scottf007: “No raid? ” At least never the raid1 mdraid variant since close to useless: Home NAS build, FS info On an ARM device with recent kernel and if 'redundancy' is wanted I would always choose a btrfs raid-1 (works completely different…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Why no update notifications, and when reboot (notification pop-up)?.

Generally speaking, only an update to the kernel would require a reboot. I don't know why you are not getting update notifications. Mine is also broken and I have not seen any update notifications in years.
  • godsixx -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Applying configuration does not do anything.

Thread
    Hi, I'm trying out the OMV system for the first time. After a few tweaks to the setting the "The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect." message pops up. Now I tried about everything and it just…
  • budpad -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Why no update notifications, and when reboot (notification pop-up)?.

No one can help? Today I just found out, that there have been updates again... But no message through message notifications?! And also I don't know if I have to restart the OMV-Server or not?
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x hdd shows in disks but not in file systems.

Might be an option to use wipefs. With wipefs -n you can see which signatures are on the drive. Then you can delete the signature which is causing the issue. Search the forum for wipefs -n /dev/sd
  • monsen -

Liked monsen’s post in the thread Eigenen Post "liken".

Like (Post)
    DEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIICHKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah
  • monsen -

Replied to the thread Eigenen Post "liken".

DEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIICHKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x hdd shows in disks but not in file systems.

Quote from macom: “There might be an easier way. ” What is the easier way? I think a complete secure wipe is not absolutely essential. It should be sufficient enough to clear all old partition information with e.g. gparted or a similar tool, isn´t…
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from silk186: “I don't have experience working with any type of RAID. ” Another reason to create regular backups of your data :)
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from silk186: “This would be a back-up in the event that the OS storage device fails. It doesn't need to be anything fancy but I would like it to be automated so that I can easily recovery from a hardware failure. ” If you discover an automated…
  • silvershark -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x VirtualBox Slow....

Thread
    Anyone else having an issue where Virtualbox is slow and laggy with their VM's? I am running openmediavault off of a usb thumb drive. The VMDK is being ran from my Raid1 storage, but I get the OS of mediavault needs to interact with it. I was running…
  • gagneur -

Replied to the thread Budget build under 215$.

@tkaiser @Adoby Hey guys how's it going? UPDATE: I bought odroid xu4. I went for xu4 because it has two usb 3 ports/gigabit ethernet and same performance as hc2. Now i want to use external usb hdd with my xu4. But i get a beeping sound from the…