Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread Plex not transcoding. Docker..

Quote from Quiksmage: “another thing to keep in mind is the tmp directory. I believe that's where the transcode files will go. If it fails, it's likely because there's something wrong with that directory (permissions). ” When running Plex in a docker…
  • waca -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install remotedesktop because newer xrdp require.

Thread
    Hello, OVM4.1.9 I wanted to install the plugin remotedesktop but I get : The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-remotedesktop : Depends: xrdp (>= 0.9.4) but 0.9.1-9+deb9u3 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread Plex not transcoding. Docker..

another thing to keep in mind is the tmp directory. I believe that's where the transcode files will go. If it fails, it's likely because there's something wrong with that directory (permissions).
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from henfri: “I was refering to this: ” I didn't see that but it is not the best workaround and harder to setup. Quote from henfri: “Why do you think it is easier developing something from scratch ” Because it isn't developing it from…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x [mountpoint] <defunct> in process listing.

I have this exact issue. I logged in via ssh and saw 23 zombie processes. After running ps aux | grep Z, I found that I had a list like the first post in here. edit: nevermind. Per another post I found "And since these zombies die pretty fast (look…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Quote from sam_scade: “192.168.1.31:/Data2 /srv/27a65d48-66bf-4967-bcf0-b66e227286cb nfs4 rw,relatime,vers=4.2,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=14,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.1.26,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.1.31 0…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread omv-engined segfault error 4 in php7.0.

I only see that error once when logging into the web interface for the first time. Because the plugin's tabs are loaded at that time, it is possible that code does not have access to info that it needs. If something wasn't working, I would be more…
  • sam_scade -

I use the same cibles on another srvbkup01 (omv 2.2.14) but with Remote Shares plugin... NFS conflicts beetween two server who want to mount the same cibles ???
  • sam_scade -

root@SRVBKUP02:~# grep nfs /proc/mounts 192.168.1.31:/Data2 /srv/27a65d48-66bf-4967-bcf0-b66e227286cb nfs4…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Quote from MvL: “you mean use the backup plugin Openmediavault provide? ” That could work but is difficult to explain how to do it. Clonezilla is better.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID6 8-drives keeps dropping discs - SOLVED.

Quote from BazzUK: “Does matter switched to Feenas all is good. ” Well, at least you waited four hours (minus time to intall freenas) to get a response. There is no reason that system shouldn't work with OMV. I have used a 9211-8i for years with…
  • ryecoaaron -

Looks right. Not sure why it isn't working. Might be because your share doesn't have a leading slash. What is the output of: grep nfs /proc/mounts
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Quote from KOENICH: “how to boot to Clonezilla via shell ” omv-grubiso rebootcz
  • Adoby -

Sorry. I just remove and clone my SD-card to backup my OMV system drive. How you should do it best I don't know. But you need to find out really fast before your system drive crash... Sorry, now I jinxed you... If you pretend that your system drive…
  • tkaiser -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Like (Post)
    The easiest might be to pretend that the current system drive has crashed. Remove the HDD. Install the SSD and restore your backup of the system drive. Also a nice test of your backup system.
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Hello Aaron, I was refering to this: Quote: “Another option is to use a reverse ssh tunnel and then to a "remote" pull from the receiver's side: #!/bin/bash -xI VAL=${1:-hourly} ssh -vNR 1998:localhost:22 example.com & ssh example.com "rsnapshot -c…
  • MvL -

Hi, you mean use the backup plugin Openmediavault provide? I just came across this plugin during my search for a solution.
  • Adoby -

The easiest might be to pretend that the current system drive has crashed. Remove the HDD. Install the SSD and restore your backup of the system drive. Also a nice test of your backup system.
  • MvL -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Thread
    Hi, I have nicely running Openmediavault, and I'm very pleased. I now want to move this install to a new SSD before I move this server to a DC. What is the best way to do this? Has Openmediavault some tools I'm not aware of?
  • MvL -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Permissions of files.

Thank you for your reply! I have fixed everything, and the server is running fine.