Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) OMV 5.x (development).

You can install the archive key and install it.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) OMV 5.x (development).

Quote from votdev: “I can't confirm that, the vagrant box is using exactly the same script as the guide in the forum. ” The vagrant Buster image must have extra packages and/or repos then. I'm quite familiar with installing OMV and it doesn't work…
  • votdev -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from votdev: “You are not using the OMV package repo ” Myself and a couple others had the same problem. Is there another repo other than what is in your OMV 5 install guide? And speaking of that, you can't add a repo…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rsnapshot plugin pre and post execution scripts?.

Quote from topi: “May I ask for placing a feature request for this feature: add the possibility to configure pre and post execution scripts (cmd_postexec and cmd_preexec) in the rsnapshot plugin? ” Sure. Can I ask what your use case is? Quote from…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from votdev: “You are not using the OMV package repo ” Myself and a couple others had the same problem. Is there another repo other than what is in your OMV 5 install guide? And speaking of that, you can't add a repo without it being trusted…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My docker died.

Quote from itsmyst: “Does OMV run regular docker or docker-compose? ” docker. docker-compose is just a script but is not installed by the plugin.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread [ Docker ] Enabling Docker from OMV Docker GUI throws error.

Quote from Rahul: “Should I reinstall omv? ” No, but have a look at this thread
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My docker died.

Can you try and see if you have something else running on 2812 netstat -ltnp | grep -w ':2812' or lsof -i :2812 or fuser 2812/tcp
  • Rahul -

Wrote a comment on Rahul’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Just wandering in the waters of OMV and Rpi
  • esbeeb -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from esbeeb: “The soldering looked a bit sloppy. I scratched between all the pins carefully for that USB port, in case a subtle electrical connection across the pins was happening. ” Yes, that was the fix. Thanks for the tip that it was…
  • votdev -

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

Please execute the following command and post the output. Shell-Script (1 line)
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Can't boot after installing HBA.

Quote from lvikstrom: “If I remove the drives in the HBA it boots again. ” You might your answer in here
  • flygrmn -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (development) Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) OMV 5.x (development).

Thread
    Hallo, I tried the install on Buster Alpha3 and get the following error. The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault : Depends: php-pam but it is not going to be installed Depends: salt-minion (>= 2018.3.3) but it is not going to be…
  • esbeeb -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “You can't fix hardware issues by using different software ” I contemplated which hardware might be the problem. I hooked my external hard drive enclosures up to my laptop and did some testing. They seem to be perfect. I…
  • esbeeb -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Locale errors.

Thanks so much, @macom, that workaround worked for me.
  • lvikstrom -

Replied to the thread Can't boot after installing HBA.

Quote from mneese: “On my dell T7500 workstation, when installing a raid card, you have to disable the system or motherboard raid in the bios settings before the new card will be recognized. ALso, you may have to configure the boot drive in the card's…
  • Agricola -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

Thread
    I am trying to set up things to remotely access my local instance of Nextcloud 15. I am able to reach it locally at 192.168.1.101:444, and I have Letsencrypt running properly with Duckdns - I assume, because I when I go to pwh.duckdns.org I get the…
  • dereknotz -

Replied to the thread Unexpected RAID Rebuild?.

Still running strong 3.0.99. 16TB Raid5 grown from 6 last month. Total uptime 18mo. Not too bad for a "toy". OMV makes a quality products! Looking forward to make a jump to OMV4.x Thanks Gents
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to Setup Snapraid.

Here's a link to the basic -> setup. Things to remember: You want at least 2 content files, set on two different data drives. (An intact content file is necessary for a restore.) The Parity drive must be the same size as the largest, or the largest…