Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ianrex -

Replied to the thread Backports Kernel Not Updating.

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problems where the backports kernel options are no available under repo tab. Output of: dpkg -l | grep openm is: root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openm ii openmediavault 3.0.89 …
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV not detecting hard disk ODROID HC1.

Quote from The Machine: “sprunge.us/gbDf ” According to dmesg and lsusb output the JMS578 USB-to-SATA bridge is not detected which is somewhat strange since it sits on the PCB and IIRC appears on the bus even without a SATA device attached (but my…
  • rowie -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x RAID on VM.

Fine, nice work! Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
  • rowie -

Liked didinside’s post in the thread OMV 3.x RAID on VM.

Like (Post)
    Hello, Finally got it...was very simple in fact. Issue was that I had created a datastore also on the HDD I wanted to map. So to summary, - datastore creation on the SSD (port sata 5) to store the VM and to store also the RDM pointer files - in ssh,…
  • ravennoir -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Hardware RAID or OMV RAID on HP Gen8 Microserver.

Thread
    Hey Everyone, Im planning to turn my current media server into a OMV box I am currently running ESX, but playing to do a baremetal install for OMV I have 2 3Tb and 2 4Tb drives, should I create two RAID Disks with the HP hardware RAID, or just present…
  • abb0r -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Resolved Plex Plugin -- Plex Pass.

Sorry for reviving this old thread. But I have a question for using Plex with Plex Pass on an odroid XU4. I get the message, that a update is available, but i have to install it manually. Will the file that Plex suggest me (newest update:…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

I posted the list of dependencies for OMV4 on here: forum.openmediavault.org/index…stallation-Q-A/?pageNo=12
  • Thor263 -

Liked dojrude’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Like (Post)
    Has anyone played with the minio docker container (minio/mino)? It's an S3 compatible object storage container that I've been using as a crashplan replacement for local backups, which I've previously run from a binary, but thought I would give the docker…
  • houndhunger -

Replied to the thread ARM board maybe for 4K playback and web browsing.

I'm not person who just quickly buy, but always I do a lot of research... There is lot of TV boxes out there. I'm building big list to get better/clear understanding. Based on priorities, right now I'm looking for one with has best support by…
  • didinside -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x RAID on VM.

Hello, Finally got it...was very simple in fact. Issue was that I had created a datastore also on the HDD I wanted to map. So to summary, - datastore creation on the SSD (port sata 5) to store the VM and to store also the RDM pointer files - in ssh,…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UrBackup Plugin not installing in version 3.0.89.

Quote from Jaime: “I guess I could install it and un-install it and see what happens. ” When you install a package and it installs dependencies, it will only uninstall those dependencies if that package installed them and they are not being used by…
  • Aileron79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Unable to create shares - cannot select device.

Solved: - Partition Type needs to be 15 (Linux Filesystem) - Partition must NOT be mounted in /etc/fstab but rather in the GUI.
  • Jaime -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UrBackup Plugin not installing in version 3.0.89.

That's interesting when you said RDP, I kept thinking of just the desktop and thought I look at this. As you can see that plugin is not installed. I guess I could install it and un-install it and see what happens. I'm just going to leave it alone for…
  • The Machine -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV not detecting hard disk ODROID HC1.

Thank you both (@votdev and @tkaiser) for your replies. I have done as requested. According to the HC1 Introduction video (youtube.com/watch?v=t-L99pUANaA), the included 5V 4a power supply should work for this purpose. I'm using a Hardkernel power…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSD Cache (bcache) for OpenMediaVault?.

Quote from darkarn: “In short, for the purpose of this thread, do I just need to "worry" about how fast the disks are and the interfaces they are using? ” Don't think so. But as already said it depends on the use case. If you for whatever reasons…
  • danieliod -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Accidentally removed Openmediavault - Need to restore.

Thank you, I ran the commands Source Code (3 lines) Tried to login and stil error: Source Code (25 lines)What else should I do?
  • jopenmv -

Replied to the thread Passive mode behind a NAT router returning an internal IP address FTP.

It doesn't matter what encryption you use for ftp, it's still ftp and uses a separate data port and a separate control port. See: ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/misc/ftp_and_firewalls.html Thankyou I understand this but I am not sure how to resolve the problem
  • Zoki -

Replied to the thread Entfernte SMB- / webDAV-Freigabe spiegeln.

Es gibt ein Plugin omv-remotemount, mit dem man ein cifs-Verzeichnis mounten kann. Da würde ich starten
  • Zoki -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Do Rsync + Rsnapshot have to consume double space on same disk?.

From what you say I understand the following: 1. You are using rsync service to copy files to OMV into Daily-backups and then 2. you are using rsnapshot to copy from Daily-backups to rsnapshot (possibly keeping hard linked history) So you have 2 copies…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) After update to 4.x "A start job is running for...".

No. I saw this a couple of times in testing vm’s but I couldn’t solve it. Now looking at the logs seems like the disk get mounted at the end, if that’s the case you can try to add a directive so the timeout is shorter maybe 10 seconds. In fstab…