Recent Activities

• revq -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x error "Failed start file system quotas" at boot.

I do get an error from time to time as well regarding "Failed to start Enable File System Quotas". Problem is that the boot will not continue as it stops in emergency mode. I need to manually hit Control + D to continue which is quite annoying. Any…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Have added the dietpi dns to the dhcp on omv, set that as the first dns once all the leases have been renewed I shall remove the current pi-hole from docker, although I can't see a problem having both. No sure how effective this will be or if there will…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update Help, I cannot login to the web gui. Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory.

This must have fixed something else that was broken because the wol plugin wouldn't cause this problem unless it didn't install properly.
  • Gratz -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Can't boot web server and access webUI after failed update.

Ended up updating to 4.x, but the problem was a change of port that I could change with: Source Code (1 line)My server works fine again.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Latest Docker plugin update.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I have it installed. You just need to follow the directions above to add it. ” I didn't realize there was a bunch of cockpit packages. I didn't have cockpit-docker installed. So, I looked to see what other packages there…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cant access web ui.

Quote from jurke: “Does this mean OMV 3 globally does not work with SSL anymore? ” This is possible. I can't confirm that because this version is not tested or maintained anymore because it is EOL since 9 july 2018.
  • Quote from macom: “Would it be possible to add a suitable folder to the list to be used as targets for symlinks? I don't think any of the existing folders is suitable. ” I would rather add a way to add more directories. I just haven't had a chance…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from TechnoDadLife: “The link to the article shows how to set up dockers. ” Either it doesn't have that option on Debian or my install needs to be updated because I don't see any container option.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with WiFi Driver (Update).

Quote from BackWoodsTech: “The only thing that's odd to me is that as soon as you configure the router to be a client access point (wired to wireless) your ability to login to the router goes away. Maybe that's expected behavior? ” Maybe you need to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 openmediavault-fail2ban first version now available for testing.

Quote from onluigi: “hi, i can't view fail2ban plugin , already repo-test activate, why? ” No one has confirmed that the plugin works. So, I didn't put it in any repo.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “The link to the article shows how to set up dockers. ” Either it doesn't have that option on Debian or my install needs to be updated because I don't see any container option.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x how to migrate docker containers.

no problem expected, but because config of all dockers are saved on a separate ( persistent ) path, no problem if you need to recreate on new install, you do not lose your dockers config.
  • ppo -

Replied to the thread What causes Monit Alerts.

I've had that noisy "loadavg" event in syslog twice per minute or more. I've fixed that by adding extra lines to /etc/default/openmediavault and reloading. Source Code (3 lines)Shell-Script (2 lines)
  • aelsakka -

Replied to the thread Deluge torrents pause and resume script.

guys really appreciate any kind of help, lots of reviews with no feedback
  • monsen -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x how to migrate docker containers.