Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• liv913 -

Posted the thread Headless Kodi on a Raspberry?.

Thread
    I was trying to understand if it would be possible to install a headless Kodi, i.e. through a Docker image, on a OMV instance running on a Raspberry pi. My idea would be to set up Kodi so that I would be able to stream IPTV (using some Kodi plugin) on a…
  • christiscarborough -

Replied to the thread ZFS device(s) not listed in devices dropdown.

As it happens I have pools I unmount and mount while running to back up my main storage (which is mounted at boot time through OMV). Fortunately I handle all that outside of the OMV interface. What's still a mystery to me is (a) how my root storage…
  • Huberer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) VirtualBox and ZFS plugins installation issue after fresh OMV install.

That would be great Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  • christiscarborough -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Repairing shares on ZFS disks after a failed kernel upgrade.

Quote from tux1337: “I know you solved it with recreation of the filesystem, but maybe it helps others: Should be enough to go to the Filesystem Section in the webinterface, and click to "mount". The ZFS filesystem is already mounted, but in my case…
  • Huberer -

Liked cesarbuzatto’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (stable) VirtualBox and ZFS plugins installation issue after fresh OMV install.

Like (Post)
    Hello, first post here. I can install the Vbox 5.2.10 with OMV 4.x. First i install the plugin with 4.14 kernel, after i add the sud repo in apt and download the vbox5.2.deb from vbox site. I modifye de deb pack , removing the dependences and re-create…
  • Genna -

Replied to the thread Remove "Shared Folder" from Backup Plugin how?.

hi, to see where are the used references, you can use resetperms plugin present in omv-extra. in my case, when i was in same situation, to remove a shared folder used in backup plugin, i create a new share folder on another present disk, just for…
  • liv913 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Installing OMV, Kodi, VDR ....

Quote from snow3461: “Installing Kodi on OMV is not recommended, OMV was not designed for this. You will have to install an X-Org server and so on. Could break things. With that said, I understand you currently have a RPi on hand ? Why not use it as a…
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread ZFS device(s) not listed in devices dropdown.

I've just run into this for the first time in a long time.. when it's happened in the past an export/import reboot had fixed it. Not sure how long ago that was though, as it's a rarity.
  • RobertR728 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

I found it. Turns out i had put the wrong password for my email account. The Mail logs and such in the /var/log folder were huge. I deleted them and then figured out the password thing. The drive has stopped filling up im pretty sure. Boy a little…
  • RobertR728 -

Replied to the thread Raid 5 growing.

I thought i was implementing Snapraid when i first built the array. That's how dumb i was to what i was doing. I figured it out that i didn't get what i really wanted that Snapraid offers. I will read up on it. The wrist didn't hurt when it happened but…
  • cesarbuzatto -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) VirtualBox and ZFS plugins installation issue after fresh OMV install.

Hello, first post here. I can install the Vbox 5.2.10 with OMV 4.x. First i install the plugin with 4.14 kernel, after i add the sud repo in apt and download the vbox5.2.deb from vbox site. I modifye de deb pack , removing the dependences and re-create…
  • TheTodd -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Different NAS server names (host?).

Thread
    Hello all, Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I did try searching. What I want to do is have separate hostnames for the different shares. This makes it easier on my Mac when it auto shows the shared. So atm it just shows "ToddNAS" for…
  • MorgothQ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error.

I ran apt update a couple times but still received the same error so I began looking into at /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and noticed the following: Source Code (2 lines)I replaced jessie with stretch and now I'm able to run apt
  • SteveMann -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

I'm back. Wiping the disks didn't work for all volumes. I went to the Debian Desktop / Disks and reformatted the partition there, and now I an re-use the disks. However, I still can't delete the RAID array. When I reboot the computer, it takes a few…
  • jericho -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

I've thought so. I've the system running on a intel dual core with 4gb ddr2 ram and using plex and serviio produces lot of audio lag and syncing problems. I will use it for now as file server, which is partially fulfill my needs. Thank you.
  • jericho -

Liked sbocquet’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Like (Post)
    With minidlna, No. It's a "strict" ans simple DLNA server with no transcoding. It just streams files. Your renderer (the TV or other) should have the correct codecs to show the file. Same for the srt files, that not in the DLNA specs. DLNA is a crapy…
  • David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Use Sensors Plugin on Raspberry Pi with a Command.

Well I actually lost interest in this myself because I stopped using my Pi for OMV and use a regular computer now.
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

With minidlna, No. It's a "strict" ans simple DLNA server with no transcoding. It just streams files. Your renderer (the TV or other) should have the correct codecs to show the file. Same for the srt files, that not in the DLNA specs. DLNA is a crapy…
  • jericho -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Thread
    Greetings. I've installed OMV 3.0.99 recently for the first time with the intention to archive my movies / tv series collection (roughly 20TB atm) and I stumble on two issues. Using minidlna for streaming to my smart tv (its a low cost local brand)…
  • Simon_100 -

Replied to the thread Standby and wakeup.