Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from flmaxey: “The latest back ports kernel is 4.19. It shouldn't be long until the 4.20 upgrade is available on OMV but, as far as I can tell, it's not available at this time. ” The backports kernel is the next version of Debian's kernel. …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

The plugin is dependent on linux-headers-adm64 which means you will have to run the latest kernel (4.19 now). Is there a reason you are still on such an old kernel?
  • elsmandino -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Procedure for moving Harddrive to another system running OMV..

Thread
    Hello. I have just bought myself an Odroid HC2, so I now have two systems on my network running OMV. I want to move one of the hard drives from my original server to the HC2 - do I have to anything about permissions before I do this (I have added the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apache.

Quote from michelefaccini: “Can I just install apache without docker ? ” Yes but you need to make sure it isn't listening on the same port(s) as nginx. Quote from michelefaccini: “Isn't better and easier for a newbie ? ” Better? Not in my…
  • 5xeVo -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Nut issues after install.

Like (Post)
    Please execute Shell-Script (1 line) to create the required database entries.
  • 5xeVo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Nut issues after install.

I had the same issue with NUT service and after manually creating "conf.service.nut" NUT service started without problem. Here is my readout of "conf.service.nut": {"upsname": "ups", "comment": "", "shutdownmode": "onbatt", "remotepassword": "",
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

Don't see the 10T. I have 6*2T On raidz2 , 7T are too small .. but when i saw the ZFS calculator.. 7T is the max size .??
  • Remi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install Lychee.

Quote from macom: “Did you follow the videos from TechnoDadLife? I think he is showing how to place the content folders of the dockers on a data drive. ” Yes content folder is no problem but when I started the sever first time with just few photos…
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from flmaxey: “I believe @hoppel118 is running a RAIDZ, ” My too :) I an running a Raid Z1 array. The pool size information from "zpool get all" is the size where the parity disk(s) are not substracted. You can try zfs list. It outputs the used and…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to get deleted files in SMB/CIFS.

Ok, I double checked my OMV installation... And it seems I have activated the "Enable recycle bin" switch in the share settings only. Still no special configuration. forum.openmediavault.org/index…3e3eca21c136f52d0acc87630 I only added one line in the…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to get deleted files in SMB/CIFS.

Quote from macom: “Might be the .recycle folder is created only when the first file is deleted. ” Yes, indeed. The folder is created once you delete a file.
  • .H. -

i had a old version of my pool with about 10T. i had a problem, i reinstall OMV, but reimport my pool ( i've lost all my data )i rebuilt it but only with 7.T i would add every volume disk on this pool. how can i do that ? thanks
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

i think I tried an IP too.. I used my bypass (see above) to configure that. But thanks for the reply
  • Olli1010 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Jdownloader.

Hi everyone, i have tried to install JDownloader via Docker for about 10 times with no success. In the log it says the following: "groupadd: GID '100' already exists user add: user 'jdownloader' already exists" Is that the issue? Funny thing is, that…
  • demjansein -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x festplatten lassen sich nicht einbinden. wer kann Helfen.

• macom -

Replied to the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Quote from bvrulez: “If you would like to elaborate more on the seperate files and their purpose I would be glad to also include it into the guide. ” There is a guide for making guides. So it might become a guide in the guide section General
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

Quote from slb20: “i tried to ping e.g. google ” Have you tried to ping an IP (e.g. 8.8.8.8)? If that works, most likely you only need to configure your DNS.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x delete old "Shared Folder".

your old shared folders is located on lost+found/ that is NOT a working folder is for disaster recovery. if you want to delete, delete it from shell. if you want to recover, copy folders inside to a working path from shell.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread Turn on back my OMV 0.5.60... need advices to migrate to new server/release?.

revise that your old folders exist on /srv/yourmdxdevice/ revise your / to see on what folder are mounted your raid. mine:
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install Lychee.

Did you follow the videos from TechnoDadLife? I think he is showing how to place the content folders of the dockers on a data drive.