Recent Activities

• satanas17 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins.

Like (Post)
    In case you want to try a different mirror: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…pt.html?highlight=sources
  • tylerism -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transmission-OpenVPN & Mullvad. Needs Helps !.

I have also followed the guide and I have Mullvad VPN but hade to use to bridged mode to make it work with Plex and also disable IPV6. Under extra arguments I used this to disable ipv6. --sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Well reinstalled dietpi and this time installed Pi-hole from the software menu, added unbound and seems to be working Ok will leave this for a change over tomorrow. Will also have to get another SD card purely for backup purposes. I've got other issues…
  • lucserre -

Replied to the thread Resolved web interface gone wrong.

Indeed - id10t error. Disregard. Nothing to see here... (thanks...)
  • curtix -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cant access OMV via Hostname.

On windows its in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc - you will need to run notepad as administrator and then browse to that folder. Once there you might not see the file so type hosts in the open context box at the bottom when you "open" while in notepad.…
  • claudio98 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Client & Host on same computer with VirtualBox.

Thread
    Hi, not so sure how to explain what I try to do, but I hope it makes sense. I have a Debian Linux Computer and run OMV on it. I use the VirtualBox plugin. Over the browser I can access my virtual machines from any pc connected in the network, including…
  • MerAnges -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x crash omv-mkconf and omv-update.

Like (Post)
    Quote from foresthus: “after the try mentioned by ryecoaaron, I had to install my nas again. Nothing was working after that. It was not that much work to do. ” The command I gave you should not have done anything wrong. Your system was borked…
  • MerAnges -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4.

Ok I remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kyle1117-ubuntu-ppa-cosmic.list and this problem is solved :) And I run wget -O /usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/9cd7e17640a49635d1c1f8c2989578a8fc2c1de6/Lib/weakref.py to…
  • curtix -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Mounting on a Linux system a public share am Prompted for root password of host..

Thread
    My share is RW to everyone on my lan without username or password, also know as guest access enabled. Tested working. I attempted to mount on a CentOS box with mount.cifs /IP/public /public CentOS system requested my root password for host (IP) from…
  • rpd -

Replied to the thread Computer won't connect.

Thanks for that guidance, it includes things that were not in the instructions I found when initially setting thing up. However, I reached the section on setup. The USB drive I am using is formatted in NTFS and already contains a lot of backed up data,…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins.

In case you want to try a different mirror: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…pt.html?highlight=sources
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?.

:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing this experience with us ;)
  • macom -

Replied to the thread update check.

Then I would try to use a different source. list. openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…pt.html?highlight=sources
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved apt-get remove python3 deleted OMV! Need help re-installing.

:thumbsup: Glad to hear it worked out for you.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pi 3 A+.

No you can install on a minimum Debian net install
  • coulson_2000 -

Ok thanks. Maybe a silly question but is it possible to install OMV on top of Raspbian?
  • geaves -

Quote from coulson_2000: “Is it unlikely to work at all then? ” Very, you need ethernet, you can try and configure wireless after, but will it work, don't know, the best option on that would be to stick with Raspbian, or you could try one of those…
  • patlabor -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Cant access web ui.

Thread
    Hello everyone, i am running an OMV server since some time totally unattended. the last few days i was unable to access the server via its name but only via the ip adress. recently i was gettinge problems with permissions when processing nzbget…
  • coulson_2000 -

Is it unlikely to work at all then? I've given it a try but I just get the rainbow screen. I believe that's a kernel/boot issue?
  • geaves -

The issue, is whilst the image is installing it requires a network connection, once complete wireless could possibly be setup.