Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Handbrake for Raspberry Pi 3 B+.

This is somewhat old, you'd have to compile yourself, it's experimental and works on Ubuntu. It "might" work on Debian. I'd clone my SD-card before trying it. Link You do have other options. You could share a Windows folder, step up Remote Mount on…
  • KM0201 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Like (Post)
    Lot's of users have Plex and still boot from USB thumb-drives, or small USB connected SSD's (in the 16GB to 32GB range). The only issue that would need to be resolved, to prevent filling up a relatively small boot drive, would be relocating Plex's
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My NAS future build – some questions also.

Quote from adi_tca: “Quote from geaves: “From what I have searched for that Lenovo, when you say it's not seen is that within the Boot Option Menu? ” Yep, neither there, nor in the BIOS Setup - Information menu. If I format it as NTFS in Windows…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Various problems getting started with Odroid HC (best practice).

Another tip: I have discovered a path to happy and content co-existence with HDDs, HC2 and OMV! The path is the path of doing as little as possible. Not trying to figure out all the things possible to do or fiddle with. But instead trying to figure out…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox no vnc, mouse or keyboard access on new vm install.

Es ist alles gut. Wörter und ihre Bedeutung verlieren sich manchmal in der Übersetzung.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Various problems getting started with Odroid HC (best practice).

Oh no!!! The Physical disk properties. The HORROR! OMV use hdparm to "send" settings to the HDD. But it seems that some HDDs are not compatible with hdparm. WD RED and Seagate Ironwolf for instance. At least in HC2. Changing ANY settings under Physical…
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move docker /var/lib/docker folder on external drive.

same issue just happened to me... Every containers disappeared :( I'll use @ivanovlk approach :(
  • ovidiur -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cockpit.

I try to post here because it's omv and cockpit related. I successfully installed cockpit on omv 4. The problem is that if if click the refresh button on the Applications tab in cockpit I get this error: Source Code (2 lines)If I remove 'appstream' and…
  • striscio -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Need advice. Grow raid or LVM.

Thanks for the answer. Maybe it's better to switch to ZFS? I used it on another file server and AFAIR is simpler to add couples of different disks (mirror) to grow the available space. I'm I right? I have a doubt about the RAM requirements of zfs: the…
  • budpad -

So why does OMV is having this feature. And why isn’t it showing green inside the GUI? Little bit confusing...
  • Mondi_86 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox no vnc, mouse or keyboard access on new vm install.

Oh my God. I´m so dumb! Yes that was the Solution. Now i Have access. I was in the Configuration but everytime the Field for IP was not editable. I had to turn off the VM than i was able to edit the IP. Sorry. Typically Amateur Fault. Thank You!
  • maxiwan -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 How to Rsync two OMV-machines.

Really straightforward and clear easy set-up guide. Thank You very much. Max
  • EnergizerN -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Handbrake for Raspberry Pi 3 B+.

Thread
    Hello guys, after setting up jdownloader docker plugin, im looking for a way to install handbrake on my raspberry pi. im looking for some docker images, but they arent for arm, im googling like an hour, but cant find sth that works. someone know an…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NUT UPS Plugin - unable to configure the ups.

Quote from baldy: “Sorry for the delay - This patch gives me this in the error dialog - Source Code (17 lines)” It seems you have not installed the latest version. The error string should look like. PHP Source Code (1 line)The (code=X) is missing…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Need advice. Grow raid or LVM.

Quote from striscio: “Create only one raid1 device with the 8tb drives and adding all the 3tb devices two at a time? Is it possible to have such a configuration or I need all drives to be the same? ” What type of Raid do you want to create out of…
  • geaves -

Quote from adi_tca: “Yep, neither there, nor in the BIOS Setup ” Ok it will boot from a USB, what about installing to another USB, if that worked by selecting the OMV USB all you would need to do is to edit then update grub to point the USB with OMV…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4.

Try apt-cache search linux-image. Pick one you like and apt-get install it. Try it and see if it works. If it does set it as the default boot kernel. There is a way to pin that version so it wont get updated. Google will show you how. What hardware is…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread SMB speed over LAN?.

There a lot of similar threads here. Please search for "Samba tuning". You can start with: Tunning Samba for more speed Nevertheless the speed depends from the file size: Big files -> higher average speed / many small files -> lower avarage speed…
  • adi_tca -

Quote from geaves: “From what I have searched for that Lenovo, when you say it's not seen is that within the Boot Option Menu? ” Yep, neither there, nor in the BIOS Setup - Information menu. If I format it as NTFS in Windows and insert it back, then…
  • matteo -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused.

I simply updated the kernel with version 3.2.96 and now it runs as expected. Regards, Matteo.