Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• hoppel118 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    Nice guide. I would only add that if you are restoring to a new disk, write the backup of grub and the partition table (.grubparts file) to the disk before the fsarchiver restfs step with: dd
  • hoppel118 -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    My hardware setup is - CPU x64 - RAID6 with 7 disks (yes, I will change to snapraid) - SSD with operating system OMV4 connected to SATA port - backup flash USB option (if SSD does not work, I plug in usb and restart) - The BIOS boot order should be…
  • Markess -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Replacing Non-ECC with ECC.

Quote from elastic: “am currently using ZFS with Non-ECC Ram. ” If it's the system shown in your signature, the i7-6700 doesn't support ECC RAM. So, while you can install the ECC RAM and it will probably boot, you won't have any ECC…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Quote from TechAndrew: “is there any other way of getting my printer to work? ” No idea. Only insights I could provide is that this is a layered approach. For a printer running with Linux you need drivers or 'CUPS filters'. In case Brother only…
  • TechAndrew -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from TechAndrew: “mfc495cwlpr-1.1.3-1.i386.deb mfc495cwcupswrapper-1.1.3-1.i386.deb ” Since those packages are called .i386.deb it's very unlikely that the installed software works on an ARM board. ” I thought so... So, is…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Just to make your life a little simpler, I have cloned Windows and Linux systems with clonezilla before. So, you could have one process for both :) ” Thanks. I'm just now studying this tekkb thread . I think things are getting a…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

Quote from bezi93: “Nothing works to boot from ISO? Any suggestions? Should I try to install from command line in Rasbian lite? ” Did you follow the exact instructions here download the Pi image and use Etcher to flash the sd card, insert into the Pi and…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

pihole appears to be working properly, but when I add unbound and test it I get the following response: Quote: “root@raspberrypi:~# dig pi-hole.net @192.168.1.110 -p 5353 ; <<>>…
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

still get an error.. i can install docker-ce over the webgui but i get the message "root@blackboxpi:/$ docker pull linuxserver/nextcloud Using default tag: latest Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon…
  • merkur -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Externe Festplatte an USB Steckkarte.

Thread
    Hallo Ich weiß nicht ob es hier paßt, bei Bedarf verschieben. Ich wollte eine externe Festplatte an einen USB 3.0 Controller anschließen, der als Steckkarte im PCIe1 Steckplatz meines HP Microserver steckt. Schließe ich die Festplatte daran an, wird…
  • merkur -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten.

Quote from macom: “Aber für das backup plugin mußt du auch einen Ordner zuweisen. In der Dateisystem Ansicht ist bestimmt gekennzeichnet, dass die Platte referenziert ist. Du kannst das resetperms plugin installieren. Darin gibt es eine Ansicht,…
  • bezi93 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

Hello, I recently bought a Rpi3b+ just to mess get a better feel of Linux and practice some projects. I wanted to use OMV to make my own NAS from an external hard drive. Now I am well aware that the RPI is not a good NAS, but this is for practice sake…
  • Darknesse -

Now follows geaves.

Follow
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

as an happy user, I think that once you've finished this work it should be integrated in OMV. I love both christmas and Dracula's skins and I think that with them the interface looks a lot better!
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

@raulfg3 I noticed from your image you listed the dns in the Environment variables and not along with the other extra arguments below. I just thought they would be added to the other extra arguments at the bottom of the container.
  • mxyz -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi alternative with Usb 3.

I'm still evaluating a backup strategy. Cloud backup got very annoying the last few years on my windows home server because none of the major providers had software compatible with windows home server 32 bit. I had to use another PC running windows 10…
  • Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from eptesicus: “AppStream system cache was updated, but problems were found: Metadata files have errors: /var/lib/app-info/yaml/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_dep11_Components-amd64.yml.gz Reading package…
  • donh -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Replacing Non-ECC with ECC.

Like (Post)
    If both CPU and mainboard support ECC-RAM there's nothing to take care of. I would install edac-utils as additional step then and check error logs from time to time...
  • Quote from eptesicus: “AppStream system cache was updated, but problems were found: Metadata files have errors: /var/lib/app-info/yaml/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_dep11_Components-amd64.yml.gz Reading package lists... Done E: Problem…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “All that said, I should take the time to do the same with OMV. Investigate Clonezilla with Linux etc. etc. etc. I already have located a few Linux primer YouTube videos to study. So, how to bring a Windows bad drive back up to running…