Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Njuilpo -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Also, do you know of a good trustable online shop to buy the components, in France or at least in EU?
  • razvanrudy -

Replied to the thread New to OMV....

Thank you all for your answers. It's great to still find forums where people are so open and helpful. I think I will get one of the HC2 at least to see how it's working and maybe to use it for transmission only and sync with the main server. The main…
  • Njuilpo -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Njuilpo: “For the SATA part, Pine64 sells a PCI-E to SATA adapter but I also read a post from @tkaiser pointing to a good one sold on ebay, so I would like some advice. (because buying all at the same shop reduces…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x remove missing hard disk.

Does the drive still show in File Systems as mounted?
  • elberton -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x remove missing hard disk.

Thread
    Hello. I have a problem. One of my hard drive is dead... I have remove it physically because system blocking at bios. I have replace it by another but i have some problem. I can't remove thr old hard drive from from web console. In journalctl i have this…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Looking good, you deserve the 3D printer for all your hard work :D See the finished window for you is capable of having moulding because most US homes use SIP construction, that is obvious from your first picture without the moulding. In the UK homes…
  • titane -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x ZFS and iSCSI.

I just did, now it works perfectly ! Thank you very much
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread Bitte um Hilfe - Upgrade OMV 3.x -> 4.x.

Die Datenplatten werden beim Upgrade nicht angefasst. Plugins, bei denen eine höhere Versionsnummer vorhanden ist, können im Normalfall installiert bleiben und machen keine Komplikationen. Selbst wenn - Die Daten bleiben erhalten ;)
  • SonOfThor -

Replied to the thread Systemdisk/OS disk almost full.

Quote from flmaxey: “See what you can find under /var/lib/docker The sub-dir /containers might have something interesting. ” I have un-installed docker, so there is no docker folder. Quote from flmaxey: “As you've noted, Linux has hidden folders…
  • neuron -

Replied to the thread Configure OMV 4.1.3 with AD 10000+ users.

Ok. I will try. Me very interested use omv, because more comfortable and with web GUI instruments for administration share i yet don't found. And if me succeed to connect omv with my AD (17000 users) I will let know. Thank you.
  • With your pool being raidz, your parallel read/write throughput is much higher than my little mirror (effectively one disk). While it's obviously not an apples to apples comparison, this is what my scrubs look like. OM4 (kernel 4.18.0), 64 bit Atom, 4GB…
  • dziekon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ZFS Mirror Pool creation fails on LUKS-encrypted devices.

Ok, it took me some time to prepare a fix for the GPT labeling problem. I took my time to prepare a more "future-proof" solution that also solves the devices referencing problems, and should be a solid foundation for future rework of the plugin. Feel…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool.

Quote from hoppel118: “If this is the complete "zpool history", you never created zfs filesystems on your zpool. Didn't know that it is possible to work on the root of the pool directly. ” It is (possible). The first time I set up a ZFS pool, I…
  • superfrog73 -

Replied to the thread OMV Performance Statistic Graphs.

• superfrog73 -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV Performance Statistic Graphs.

Like (Post)
    Quote from superfrog73: “And why the 1/5/15 minute averages? ” Maybe brendangregg.com/blog/2017-08-08/linux-load-averages.html will answer your question.
  • ggibeau -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

This is a new one logged in as root run /proc/mdstat get Permission denied error root@omv2:~# /proc/mdstat bash: /proc/mdstat: Permission denied root@omv2:~# So I ran: root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear]…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Systemdisk/OS disk almost full.

See what you can find under /var/lib/docker The sub-dir /containers might have something interesting. Unfortunately, Docker uses a merged directory structure to create containers, that's not unlike UnionFS. Basically the components of a container…
  • superfrog73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Quote from subzero79: “Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run omv-mkconf fstab Reboot. If you want future attached disks the same you need to…
  • superfrog73 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Like (Post)
    Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run omv-mkconf fstab Reboot. If you want future attached disks the same you need to edit Omv environmental…