Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Quote from Guitoumaster: “I use 8Go, it's not enought and i reading in this forum usb stick is not a good option because i generate many error in the time ” 8 GB is more than sufficient if you don't use plugins like Plex. And the problem with USB…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Can't create shared folder.

Hopefully this will be fixed in openmediavault 4.1.12, see github.com/openmediavault/open…5fe3d18030df52e8af77e6d63.
  • Guitoumaster -

Quote from tkaiser: “Since OMV is just an add-on on top of Debian your question boils down to this web search when you're using a PC: 'grub move debian from usb to sata' That's assuming you want to attach the SSD to a SATA port. Since boot drive…
  • Guitoumaster -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Like (Post)
    Since OMV is just an add-on on top of Debian your question boils down to this web search when you're using a PC: 'grub move debian from usb to sata' That's assuming you want to attach the SSD to a SATA port. Since boot drive performance doesn't matter…
  • drouth -

Replied to the thread Can not perform any actions on shared folders.

Hey all, Not trying to hijack this thread but add to it... I'm seeing the same problem and made the new changes to the sharedfolders file. I posted the results over here. Thanks, David
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Yeah, there are no graphs. None. I see the collectd issue as a symptom that something may have gone wrong with the build itself or, maybe, I need to test the USB2 stick. That stick is old. (It's time to buy another Costco 3 pack. :) ) And there's the…
  • tkaiser -

Since OMV is just an add-on on top of Debian your question boils down to this web search when you're using a PC: 'grub move debian from usb to sata' That's assuming you want to attach the SSD to a SATA port. Since boot drive performance doesn't matter…
  • alewaste -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x S.M.A.R.T. email notifications doesn't work.

I resolved my problem... I didn't understand how it works until I read smartd documentation. To get email, I have to set the warning temperature, because the informal send only a log message... and reset the warning message when temperature is below the…
  • Guitoumaster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Thread
    After several weeks, I finally managed to configure my OMV. I used a USB Memory key but I would now like to move OMV administration on a SSD. Is it possible ? it's very long to set everything right and I'm missing some data ?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Force mount FS in GUI with specific fstype?.

wipefs is pretty good when specifying an exact signature to remove but you should have backups :)
  • Trash_Can_Man -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Quote from subzero79: “Portainer needs only two binds mounts, one for accessing the Unix socket and another one for making the settings persistent( the admin password). A guide should be enough, we shouldn’t need a plugin for making run a container,…
  • takai -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “This seems to be a common problem (although I can't reproduce it) when using a previously zfs formatted drive (and not properly wiped before re-formatting with something other than zfs) and moving to OMV 4.x. Take a look at…
  • ryecoaaron -

This seems to be a common problem (although I can't reproduce it) when using a previously zfs formatted drive (and not properly wiped before re-formatting with something other than zfs) and moving to OMV 4.x. Take a look at this thread on how to fix -
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Monitor several OMV servers.

Quote from Adoby: “I'll try some of this ” If you want to go the Nagios route OMD could also be worth a look. In the past there was only an older 1.30 available for ARM but now also a somewhat officially 2.40 is existent.
  • takai -

Posted the thread Force mount FS in GUI with specific fstype?.

Thread
    About 3 years ago i migrated from FreeNAS to OMV 2.0 and as part of that migration shifted my data from ZFS to EXT4 via a long and arduous format and copy pattern with N+1 drives setup. Fast forward to last week where we had a power outage and the USB…
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread Monitor several OMV servers.

If you need any additional help don't hestitate to ask.
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool.

hi, you tell me to reinstall OMV ( Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch) ) or all the debian OS ? you can see dpkg options at the end of installation ( this isn't that you talk ? ) how can i add the line with : Source Code (1 line)at the end of…
  • zurcherart -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disable OMV Quota System Entirely.

Oh well, that's way before my time. I'm not THAT far behind. (Completely unrelated question, I see I didn't set up my profile well. Is there a way to change my forum user name away from my email address?! -- Never mind. Found it. :) )
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from sholyer@gmailcom: “When did that happen? ” I honestly don't remember. OMV 2.x maybe?
  • zurcherart -

Thanks for the very fast reply. Glad you've disabled quotas by default now. When did that happen? I haven't installed any updated for a while. (I know, I know....) So i suppose there is a good chance that I missed the update. Cheers, Steve