Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread omv-firstaid do not configure network on exit.

Quote from raulfg3: “you say that omv need data disk to run properly firstaid? ” No, sorry sometimes my explanation is not very good. Run firstaid (I found it easier to use a fixed ip) when the configuration is finished you'll get the error ignore…
  • exyu74 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x MONITOR Hard Disk Drive Speed.

Like (Post)
    As almost always in Unix/Linux: [ctrl]-[c]
  • exyu74 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x MONITOR Hard Disk Drive Speed.

• raulfg3 -

to understand: you say that omv need data disk to run properly firstaid?
  • tkaiser -

As almost always in Unix/Linux: [ctrl]-[c]
  • geaves -

Quote from raulfg3: “error is the same if I reboot and try omv-firstaid next time. ” There's no need to run firstaid again, all I did was move all the drives to another machine without connecting them, booted from usb flash drive ran firstaid and…
  • exyu74 -

Tnx it does a job. Only, how do i make to stop,esc button does not help?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NUT UPS Plugin - unable to configure the ups.

What hardware are you using? AMD64, a ARM based device or something else?
  • votdev -

Too bad, this is a PREG_INTERNAL_ERROR. The error code is not helpful in this case.
  • raulfg3 -

error is the same if I reboot and try omv-firstaid next time. error is the same for DHCP & for manual config. I'm desesperate. I do not understand why do not work and configure NIC HOW to configure NIC by hand eg: assing IP by DHCP?
  • baldy -

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread SMB speed over LAN?.

Quote from Nozza: “Should I be expecting more? ” Sure. Look at the transfer rates of this inexpensive ARM toy running OMV4: hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-hc2-home-cloud-two/ Around 100 MB/s with Windows Explorer and Windows 10. How does your test setup…
  • baldy -

Replied to the thread SMB speed over LAN?.

SMB has always been flakey on transfer speed compared to NFS or FTP. Not just on Samba but on Windows itself. It's not even very consistent. The same file can run at different speeds when multiple tests are run. To benchmark your network first use…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x VMWare datastore on OMV.

Watch this video for basic setup - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Then enable nfs and create an nfs share. Add an nfs datastore in vCenter.
  • thecommguy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x VMWare datastore on OMV.

Thread
    I'm new to OMV and would like to use it for my shared datastore for VMware 6.0. I'm not seeing any how-to guides or videos on how to create and setup it up. Can anybody point me in the right direction? looking to use it for vMotion and possible Fault…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Restore OMV Backup.

Quote from Egleu: “I did not know that crontab has an automated script to upgrade packages at 4am everyday. ” It doesn't upgrade anything. It just runs apt-get update and downloads the packages. Nothing is installed. Quote from Egleu: “Everything…
  • Egleu -

Posted the thread Restore OMV Backup.

Thread
    I installed a script to automate my snapraid syncs and rather than use the gui scheduler I used crontab. I did not know that crontab has an automated script to upgrade packages at 4am everyday. Everything seems to be working on my machine except for the…
  • leonel873 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x unable to download the Home assistant docker : authentication required.

Hi! Thanks for the help and the advice TechnoDadLife! I changed the tittle and put my hardware on my profile description, but i will paste here too: Running OMV 4.1.16-19 on a Intel Atom 230 @ 1.60 GHz 2 GB RAM
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

Quote from rickyx: “I don't know what was wrong, ” Hmm. What is the output of: zgrep -iE "xts|aes" /proc/config.gz
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Ordered a 2GB NanoPi M4, the heatsink, and the sata hat.