Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• m4dm4x -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100.

Tried about 1000 different things to resolve the referenced issue. I am happy to report that the last 3 days are back to normal. However I am concerned since I have not actually located what I did to fix the issue. One of the things that I have…
  • henkall -

Replied to the thread Installing headers after kernel update?.

Quote from henkall: “At the moment I am running Kernel: Linux 4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64. Now I have installed the "linux-headers-amd64" to see if that solves my little issue. Thank you for mentioning that. Keep up the good work. I think OMV is awesome. :)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

backup-omv-18-Jan-2019_14-12-01.blkid :: This is the output of blkid put in a file for informational purposes. backup-omv-18-Jan-2019_14-12-01.fdisk :: This is the output of fdisk -l put in a file for informational purposes.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apache.

Quote from michelefaccini: “I saw that there is no Docker arm container for apache. ” It is called httpd - hub.docker.com/r/arm32v7/httpd/
  • bvrulez -

Thanks a lot! This is actual the information I was hoping to gather. If you would like to elaborate more on the seperate files and their purpose I would be glad to also include it into the guide.
  • bvrulez -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    Nice guide. I would only add that if you are restoring to a new disk, write the backup of grub and the partition table (.grubparts file) to the disk before the fsarchiver restfs step with: dd
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

Quote from raulfg3: “better if this option can be added to webGUI ” I added it to the OMV 5.x version of the plugin - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…33816ef488881fcc774be4120
  • hd458 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte wird nicht richtig erkannt (3TB werden als 987GB erkannt).

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, wie oben schon geschrieben, wird mein 3TB nur mit 987GB erkannt. Wenn ich einen USB3.0 Adapter nehme, wird die Platte am WIN 10 Rechner richtig erkannt. Mit einen USB2.0 nicht. Leider funktioniert der AdapterUSB3.0 nicht am PI. Bei dem…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I can't copy or move files to shared folders from any pc or mac.

Since this appears to be a permissions issue, note the following is speculation. (Others please chime in.) A few things to consider: 1. Since you're using hfsplu, a Mac filesystem, it's apparent that this disk was not formatted by OMV. It was done on…
  • ryecoaaron -

Nice guide. I would only add that if you are restoring to a new disk, write the backup of grub and the partition table (.grubparts file) to the disk before the fsarchiver restfs step with: dd
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    My hardware setup is - CPU x64 - RAID6 with 7 disks (yes, I will change to snapraid) - SSD with operating system OMV4 connected to SATA port - backup flash USB option (if SSD does not work, I plug in usb and restart) - The BIOS boot order should be…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I can't copy or move files to shared folders from any pc or mac.

missed hfsplud format. hfsplus is read only (support only read to copy to your NAS not write on hfsplus) . use ext4 instead. forum.openmediavault.org/index…9ce379c48a7957d01576cbba9
  • flmaxey -

Liked NothingNowhere’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

Like (Post)
    Just sharing a small MiniDLNA tip I worked out, hope it saves someone some hair-pulling. If you want to use symlinks to share files via MiniDLNA, you might find that media files appear to be served but you can't connect to them. You need to enable a…
  • Marfio -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Marfio: “Is it right? ” Yes, if you have another cage, this will allow you to mount the drives in the caddies slide them into the cage then connect each drive to another sata controller with cables. Looks like a good plan :thumbup:
  • Freelance -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Quote from Bonecracker: “I used this Script from Angristan github.com/Angristan/OpenVPN-install It's pretty easy to use and straight forward if you can use the shell a bit :) It works fine for me, i created .ovpn files use openVPN on Android and the…
  • spinant -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x I can't copy or move files to shared folders from any pc or mac.

Thread
    Hi! Could somebody help me with that? I configured everything, my folders are good, my priviliges are configured, I can connect to my shared folders from any computer (win or mac) with the users I created. I can see the files and read the files but can't…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

good to know and better if this option can be added to webGUI
  • raulfg3 -

Liked NothingNowhere’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

Like (Post)
    Just sharing a small MiniDLNA tip I worked out, hope it saves someone some hair-pulling. If you want to use symlinks to share files via MiniDLNA, you might find that media files appear to be served but you can't connect to them. You need to enable a…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

I would wait. What are you using that you can "replug" your drives? Are the drives in an older server chassis?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from Marfio: “Is it right? ” Yes, if you have another cage, this will allow you to mount the drives in the caddies slide them into the cage then connect each drive to another sata controller with cables. Looks like a good plan :thumbup: